Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Someone has changed Wikipedia to show the Aussie as ours. Hahaha

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Stockdale has been great for us no doubt but I have to admit I am getting a little tired of the tweets he keeps sticking out. You're a nice fella. We get it! :thumbsup:

Capture.JPG

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I actually don't want him anymore, will he... won't he... oh just piss off then...

I got close to that stage...... as I would like to think by now decisions have been made by him and the club, its been rumbling on for months.

Stockdale is replaceable ofocurse, all players are but its much more prefereable that he stays. He is a very good keeper.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gone down a lot in my estimation as well. He could have signed ages ago.

We'll all love him again if he signs, but its left a nasty taste.....

Why has it? If you have the choice of another job, would you turn it down because some people wanted you to stay?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I don't think he's behaved badly at all. There's an offer on the table, he's considering it, taking account of what other offers he's had, perhaps also waiting to see if better ones come in, and possibly negotiating over the terms of one or more of the offers. All entirely reasonable, when making what is potentially a major, career-defining, decision for him with big implications for his future family income and lifestyle.
All of this would be perfectly normal for someone in any area of work, who's considering alternative job opportunities at the end of a fixed-term contract. The only thing that's unusual in the case of footballers is that these decisions are conducted in the glare of massive media coverage, speculation and public comment, much of which is likely to be unfair or ill-informed.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You could say the same to Nikki and Steve. Only Bong has been confirmed as accepting his extension.
It could be that Niki has signed, and the club for their own reasons haven't announced it yet.

Bruno signed his last deal weeks before the club announced it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here