Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good morning in Peacehaven. 4 Parkruns since running return. 35",31",27" and 24:19" today. Enjoyed meeting the NSC 6 today but missed you all leave. I just bent down to take my sock off to show everyone my Achilles problem and when I looked up you'd all gone..............

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good to see fellow NSCers at Peacehaven today. Tougher course than I expected (Worthing makes you soft). Pleased with result as despite a slowish time (21:57) it got me overall 1st place after Age Grading (74.34%). I think I've only managed this once before in 90 Parkruns.............. so 'thank you, Peacehaven'.

Well done. No mean feat that. I've finished race 2nd at Margate and second AG. 8 years back I finished 6th at Hove Park and was 4th AG.
How many times have you sorted today's race results by AG to see yourself perched on top? Good to see you today.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Good NSC turnout at Peachaven today. The late, the old and the wounded came out for this one ( one or two fall into both categories). Quite a challenging course but can see this becoming popular. 21:47 for me with [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson[/MENTION]'s teacher chasing me down. 3rd in age group.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Well done. No mean feat that. I've finished race 2nd at Margate and second AG. 8 years back I finished 6th at Hove Park and was 4th AG.
How many times have you sorted today's race results by AG to see yourself perched on top? Good to see you today.

I'm going to take a screen shot of it, blow it up, frame it and hang it prominently next to my various posters of Garry Nelson in the bedroom........... But your Margate result 2nd across the line trumps my ace! The NSC team warmed up well for the upcoming relay challenge.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Good morning in Peacehaven. 4 Parkruns since running return. 35",31",27" and 24:19" today. Enjoyed meeting the NSC 6 today but missed you all leave. I just bent down to take my sock off to show everyone my Achilles problem and when I looked up you'd all gone..............

Great time after 8 months out. Hope no adverse effects result in you getting the urge to expose the foot another time. Nnoooooo!

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012

Great run, good to see you back. It's amazing how quick your times are improving, 11 minutes in 4 parkruns is impressive.
I'm getting back slowly, I managed 21:04 at Hastings today and it felt good.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Great run, good to see you back. It's amazing how quick your times are improving, 11 minutes in 4 parkruns is impressive.
I'm getting back slowly, I managed 21:04 at Hastings today and it felt good.

Good time. What position does that get at Hastings these days?
Step back for me now though. Break from running till Saturday and then an easy return to a hilly Bevendean Parkrun will put paid to any improvement.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good NSC turnout at Peachaven today. The late, the old and the wounded came out for this one ( one or two fall into both categories). Quite a challenging course but can see this becoming popular. 21:47 for me with [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson[/MENTION]'s teacher chasing me down. 3rd in age group.

Well I was nt late so that narrows it down for me!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I kicked off at 09:07 this morning having cycled the 11 miles to get there. I worked wonders, really. I averaged 14.6mph, I gave it a lot of beans!

I cheated the course a little bit accidentally, of course, when I started the tail had already gone through and the marshal assumed I was a second lapper as the leader was coming through at the time. Next time though! I ran it too quickly really, I should have eased off but knowing an extra 7 minutes was getting tacked onto my time got in my head. And it was the first run of the course which does things to you. Good to meet those folk I hadn't met previously but I missed a trick not muscling into [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION]'s conversation, I thought I spotted young Georgia there and I wasn't wrong! Darn and blast.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I kicked off at 09:07 this morning having cycled the 11 miles to get there. I worked wonders, really. I averaged 14.6mph, I gave it a lot of beans!

I cheated the course a little bit accidentally, of course, when I started the tail had already gone through and the marshal assumed I was a second lapper as the leader was coming through at the time. Next time though! I ran it too quickly really, I should have eased off but knowing an extra 7 minutes was getting tacked onto my time got in my head. And it was the first run of the course which does things to you. Good to meet those folk I hadn't met previously but I missed a trick not muscling into [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION]'s conversation, I thought I spotted young Georgia there and I wasn't wrong! Darn and blast.

The early worm catches the bird.

No idea who Georgia is but she must mean something if you were prepared to listen to [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION]. Well done for nearly getting there today. See you at Bevendean.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Good time. What position does that get at Hastings these days?
Step back for me now though. Break from running till Saturday and then an easy return to a hilly Bevendean Parkrun will put paid to any improvement.

I came in 24th.
It's good to see you back running, I'm sure you'll continue improving.
It won't be long until your bettering my times I'm sure.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I came in 24th.
It's good to see you back running, I'm sure you'll continue improving.
It won't be long until your bettering my times I'm sure.

No. You're too fast already. sub 22 will be enough for me. I have a long term plan of building up endurance. The 5K stuff will be after Brighton Marathon 2018. Hastings has got a lot more competitive than last year. Good for Parkrun but not us.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
No. You're too fast already. sub 22 will be enough for me. I have a long term plan of building up endurance. The 5K stuff will be after Brighton Marathon 2018. Hastings has got a lot more competitive than last year. Good for Parkrun but not us.

Last year 21 mins would get you around the top 10.
Are you planning to enter any other events before Brighton? Will Hastings Half be included in your build up again?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Bad news from my end. Out doing a steady 5 miler yesterday and tripped over. This happens to me too often - a combination of Worthing's uneven paving slabs and a running style that involves barely lifting my feet more than 1 inch above the ground. Banged up knee, hand and pulled muscle in chest when preventing falling flat on my face. Bugger. Out for a few days but hope to be back to pound the nice, flat tarmac of the Worthing prom on Saturday.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Last year 21 mins would get you around the top 10.
Are you planning to enter any other events before Brighton? Will Hastings Half be included in your build up again?

100% effort is going on training for the 5 week Annapurna trek in Nepal that we had to cancel last year. That will be November/December. Then I will train on hills for Brighton M as I'll be used to hills. So Hasting's will be ideal prep.

Bad news from my end. Out doing a steady 5 miler yesterday and tripped over. This happens to me too often - a combination of Worthing's uneven paving slabs and a running style that involves barely lifting my feet more than 1 inch above the ground. Banged up knee, hand and pulled muscle in chest when preventing falling flat on my face. Bugger. Out for a few days but hope to be back to pound the nice, flat tarmac of the Worthing prom on Saturday.

Hope it's a muscle and not a cracked rib. Only fallen ar*e over tit once when I got caught in a bramble loop and got dragged off the path into a muddy quagmire.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Photographic evidence of at least one NSC Runner in Peacehaven Parkrun report plus two others in Brighton shirts - are you on here?

Finally a moment of glory to nurse his wounds for [MENTION=635]Gary Nelson[/MENTION]'s teacher - the NEW and UNDEFEATED Peacehaven Parkrun AGV record holder. Has the phrase 'Pride before a Fall' ever been more appropriate? Get Better Soon.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/peacehave...t-20-may-2017-peacehaven-inaugural-parkrun-1/

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Week 2 of my couch to 5k hasn't got off too well as struggled with the problem heels. Managed to get round but had to go through the pain barrier hoping it would ease up. Thought the weekend rest had done enough but clearly not. I walked my course on Saturday to check the distance and was surprised at how steep the hill is at the start of my run so think this may have contributed to the heel problem.

Was intending to go for a shoe fitting on Saturday but the bad heels would have prevented me doing the gait test so decided to leave it for now. Will probably rest up for the rest of the week and hope to be in shape to go again next week and maybe find a flatter route. The running hasn't been a problem in itself so I am hoping to be able to still complete the 5k non stop running after 9 weeks by cutting out a couple of stages. Currently at 4K for the 30 mins which includes all the walking so am confident I can get through this

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here