Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Chris Hughton puts a No.10 top of Premier League wish list for Albion"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
PS: we nearly played 1-11 several times towards end of last season

Bruno (2) etc , Bong, Dunk, Uwe, Stephens, Kayal, Knockaert, Skalak, Baldock, Hemed, March - Stockdale is #13 of course.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Same article says Ince and Towell to go out on loan to the Championship next year.

Hughton says albion still 'delighted' with Towell but he needs to get some games. Which surely means a 1 year contract extension as well as loan out ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Towell is on contract until the end of next season.
Yes, so if he goes out on loan for a year then he is a free agent at the end. My guess is an extra year after next season so he remains our player when he comes back? Only speculation.

Ince I suspect we sell if we get an offer.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Yes, so if he goes out on loan for a year then he is a free agent at the end. My guess is an extra year after next season so he remains our player ? Only speculation.

I see what you mean, but if he proves himself at a Championship club maybe we will negotiate say around January or so, or if he doesn't impress then we can just let him go naturally! If's, but's and maybe's :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
About time we landed one imo, we have been trying for at least two years?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I see what you mean, but if he proves himself at a Championship club maybe we will negotiate say around January or so, or if he doesn't impress then we can just let him go naturally! If's, but's and maybe's :)
You are probably right.

The club may be planning also for some contingency if we return to the Championship earlier than we would like.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'd be delighted if we signed Pritchard. Quality player and would suit our system wonderfully. No wonder CH wanted him last season.

But of course, he is the only footballer to ever reject Brighton for more money so we can't possibly accept him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?352009-Retained-List&p=7938048&viewfull=1#post7938048

I think we need to sign up the left backs, goalkeepers and another midfielder up first

Number 10 or second striker is the hardest and most expensive to find. I never thought Pritchard was quick enough, Arsenal have a player called Joel Campbell but I thought he was more like a number 9.

Choices:

Stefan Johansen (Fulham) midfield
David Marshall (Hull) keeper

Stuart Armstrong (Celtic)
Joel Campbell (Arsenal) striker

Andrew Robertson (Hull) left back

I still can't think of a number 10 though that we would even having a remote chance to get. I am tempted to play Knocky in the number ten role.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd be delighted if we signed Pritchard. Quality player and would suit our system wonderfully. No wonder CH wanted him last season.

But of course, he is the only footballer to ever reject Brighton for more money so we can't possibly accept him.
I know you absolutely LOVE to be above it all with pretty much everything you ever post, but in all honesty who has actually said that? As far as I can see, people were only pissed off at the nature of his last-minute u-turn and the schadenfreude of how it ended up playing out for him and us.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?352009-Retained-List&p=7938048&viewfull=1#post7938048

I think we need to sign up the left backs, goalkeepers and another midfielder up first

Number 10 or second striker is the hardest and most expensive to find. I never thought Pritchard was quick enough, Arsenal have a player called Joel Campbell but I thought he was more like a number 9.

Choices:

I still can't think of a number 10 though that we would even having a remote chance to get. I am tempted to play Knocky in the number ten role.

Robertson has signed for Liverpool

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I know you absolutely LOVE to be above it all with pretty much everything you ever post, but in all honesty who has actually said that? As far as I can see, people were only pissed off at the nature of his last-minute u-turn and the schadenfreude of how it ended up playing out for him and us.

I've previously mentioned he would be a good signing. Met with numerous comments about how we wouldn't want him now as he is apparently a mercenary or other money-grabbing names.

Seriously, if we are not wanting players who are wanting the best possible deal for them then we are going to struggle.

I'd ask, would you be happy if we signed him?

In other news, you REALLY don't like me do you? Give me a chance. I'm lovely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've previously mentioned he would be a good signing. Met with numerous comments about how we wouldn't want him now as he is apparently a mercenary or other money-grabbing names.

Seriously, if we are not wanting players who are wanting the best possible deal for them then we are going to struggle.

In other news, you REALLY don't like me do you? Give me a chance. I'm lovely.

Yes, we do want the best players. As it happens I agree with you - Pritchard would be a great signing IMO.

And I don't dislike you, in fact I agree with your point of view more often than not. I just find your superiority complex very tiresome because to me, you come across as a Student Grant type.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So just the same as the rest of us have for the last 9 (or 21) months.

You are 100% correct we haven't played a No10 although he did on a couple of occasions try and play Jamie there but it didn't really work. Jamie is better out wide as he doesn't have enough ''awareness'' to play that position.

Although, he would have played Pritchard there Triggaaar if that one had come off. Next year there will be more of a need for that position because we won't be the team on top in most games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are 100% correct we haven't played a No10 although he did on a couple of occasions try and play Jamie there but it didn't really work. Jamie is better out wide as he doesn't have enough ''awareness'' to play that position.

Although, he would have played Pritchard there Triggaaar if that one had come off. Next year there will be more of a need for that position because we won't be the team on top in most games.
My comment is not that we have wanted something the manager hasn't, but the fact that obviously a no.10 has been top of our list for a long time. The headline is stating the bloody obvious.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Choices:

Quick someone has hacked [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] account. A post about players we should sign and Will Buckley isn't mentioned.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here