Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I must ASK this question Hyppia in or OUT ?

Hyppia in or OUT

• IN

Votes: 140 62.2%
  • OUT

Votes: 85 37.8%

• Total voters

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Every season, every manager, after a poor run of form. McGhee, Slade, Adams, Oscar and even Gus got it.

No offence to everyone who votes "out" on these threads, but it is idiotic behaviour.

have you seen them play ? its awful , the players dont believe in the system , if Hyppia does not change the system there is only one place we are going

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
What I feel particularly disappointing is that any decent manager, will have a following or attract high quality players from their former world. Hypia has brought in Hola from Liverpool, which may or may not have been because of him. Otherwise?

Holla came from Holland not Liverpool

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Their wages will be significantly lower though. The most worrying thing is that we can't even bring in quality players when we've raised millions in transfer fees, how are we going to compete in future windows when the club won't be bringing in big fees for outgoing players.

Palace and Burnley were promoted in the last two seasons with significantly lower wage bills than ours, Derby and Watford made the playoff finals again with lower wage bills.

History says that in the long run the success of a club is 90% down to player wages, but in an individual season that is not always the case. In 2012/13, under Gus, we had the 8th highest wage bill, but finished 4th. Last season I suspect we were also about 8th in the wage table but finished 6th. These things have a habit of evening themselves out so perhaps it's our turn to finish below, rather than above, our wage comparative.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What I feel particularly disappointing is that any decent manager, will have a following or attract high quality players from their former world. Hypia has brought in Hola from Liverpool, which may or may not have been because of him. Otherwise?

That's a myth. Gus didn't bring any players from his former world, Mourinho didn't bring any Real players to Chelsea this summer, Wenger didn't bring any players from Japan to Arsenal when he joined them, similar with Pelligrini to City.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

No he didn't. Holla was formerly with Den Haag.

We brought Teixeira in from liverpool

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
have you seen them play ? its awful , the players dont believe in the system , if Hyppia does not change the system there is only one place we are going

Got to agree with you after yesterday. There was quality out there but the system didn't work and the players clearly didn't believe in it either. We are so narrow but even then we don't run beyond the lines so there are very few through balls or getting behind them. We then seemed to resort to aimless crosses.

This was clear evidence to me that what Sami is trying to do isn't working and he very quickly needs to accept that and demonstrate he has flexibility in his approach to change it. If he can't we're going to struggle.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How can Hyypia be blamed when he can only work with was he's been given. All of the players who have left over the last year or so have been replaced with cheaper alternatives so I don't see how Hyypia can achieve much with our current squad.
Are you for real. His tactics are causing the problem not the players.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
There is no doubting Hyypias quality as a player but I haven't seen anything to suggest he is a good manager. His head coach at Leverkusen was given much of the credit for their early success and once he changed roles Hyypia struggled. He was also criticised for having no plan B (sounds familiar).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After 5 games we had 7 points - Liverpool have 6 points after 5 games, should they sack Brendan Rodgers?

However, if we're in the bottom half at Xmas, then he's simply not cut out for this job.
If we're in touch with the playoffs at Xmas, then he's not done a lot wrong. If we're out of touch with the playoffs, then changing him won't be enough to get us to the playoffs, so we might as well give him towards the end of the season to see if things improve.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Sounded clueless, uninspired & dull in his post match interview. Poor English for a guy that's been here for a decade?
No idea how he performed well under interview
Why we sim for someone with no experience continually instead of an English manager with experience and some PASSION (Poyet is the exception that...) is beyond me

jfs

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
IN
In pretty much all the games I've watched, we've created lots of chances, so I'm confident the goals will come. Brentford and Ipswich were both games that could have gone either way and yesterday we had 25 shots and 15 corners. If you panic every time there's a bad run then you're going be sacking a lot of very good managers!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
After 5 games we had 7 points - Liverpool have 6 points after 5 games, should they sack Brendan Rodgers?

If we're in touch with the playoffs at Xmas, then he's not done a lot wrong. If we're out of touch with the playoffs, then changing him won't be enough to get us to the playoffs, so we might as well give him towards the end of the season to see if things improve.

I admire your outlook that you're not even considering the possibility that at Xmas we could be fighting down the bottom!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
IN
In pretty much all the games I've watched, we've created lots of chances, so I'm confident the goals will come. Brentford and Ipswich were both games that could have gone either way and yesterday we had 25 shots and 15 corners. If you panic every time there's a bad run then you're going be sacking a lot of very good managers!

I'm stunned by those stats - what counts as a shot these days!? We didn't look like scoring in a month of Sunday. Other than the first minute of either half I can't recall any chances! 25 shots - I think the person counting was enjoying too much hospitality!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There is no doubting Hyypias quality as a player but I haven't seen anything to suggest he is a good manager. His head coach at Leverkusen was given much of the credit for their early success and once he changed roles Hyypia struggled. He was also criticised for having no plan B (sounds familiar).

we haven't got the players available for plan B

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In, obviously? Firing a manager after 8 games is ****ing ridiculous.

However, if we're in the bottom half at Xmas, then he's simply not cut out for this job.

...but there is 3 months until Xmas, give him time, you fickle *******s :bigwave:

This with a million bells on. Hyppia's only been in charge for 8 games, most of those without a complete squad. We're not getting the results or goals at the moment, but that will come.

The fact that 43% of NSC want him sacked says everything you need to know about the number of utter morons who post on here.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Are you for real. His tactics are causing the problem not the players.

Has he even had a chance to implement his tactics? He has been given a load of cheap signings a month into the season rather than having a decent squad to work with in pre-season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here