Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The End of Wenger?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Totally agree with this. Some people are close to "We only need to turn up for this one because they are a shambles right now". We are due a win against them though so fingers crossed that we don't show them too much respect. It will be a tough test for us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Exactly, it would be an incredible 3 points and like you say, we are due a win sometime this century:cool:. More likely though we will struggle to break them down and they will be more clinical than us.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We had our moments against Liverpool and Chelsea but ultimately got mullered by both mainly because of individual brilliance.

I’d be more worried if Sanchez was still playing for Arsenal. They don’t have Hazard or Salah.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We had our moments against Liverpool and Chelsea but ultimately got mullered by both mainly because of individual brilliance.

I’d be more worried if Sanchez was still playing for Arsenal. They don’t have Hazard or Salah.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liverpool outclassed us in every position from the off, bar a 20 minute period where Izzy Brown's season came alive. If it wasn't Coutinho, it was Firmino, Robertson, Henderson or Can who shone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hopefully in our favour. My gut feeling is that Arsenal will be out to prove something, especially if they get beaten by Citeh.

So you think our game will go ahead? We had one called off before when the Amex surrounds were frozen....I know rain and 8 degres is predicted, but it is supposed to be dry here, and instead we have had another three inches of snow....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it's more of a case of IF we beat them. Arsenal have had the Indian sign over us for as long as l can remember.

Exactly, it would be an incredible 3 points and like you say, we are due a win sometime this century.

We beat them in the last century, so we can beat them in this!

Not saying we will, mind, or that it will be easy - or any of the other guff like 'They're there for the taking'. But - there away form isn't that hot, and we seem to be growing into this league. Agreed, I don't expect three points, but I would love it if we do turn them over (tbh I'd be pretty chuffed with a draw too!) and it's not impossible. Quite excited about Sunday already.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we're so going to lose aren't we? :(

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Fancy us to be more competitive than against Liverpool or Chelsea as our form and self belief has improved.
Being competitive means you give yourself a chance. The game can still go either way.

Returning to the topic, no one game will influence Wenger's security this season surely but I can't help hoping he resigns in the summer. He has been one of the great managers but he's stayed too long. I would hate to see him being "rewarded" with the sack .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So you think our game will go ahead? We had one called off before when the Amex surrounds were frozen....I know rain and 8 degres is predicted, but it is supposed to be dry here, and instead we have had another three inches of snow....
If I'm honest it would suit me for it to be called off. I have a procedure at the Royal Surrey County Hospital tomorrow which means I might not be able to make the game.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Obviously it'd be foolish to underestimate them and get too confident, but there are a lot of reasons to be optimistic about our match on Sunday. I for one think we will nick something.

- We will be well rested compared to Arsenal, with them playing tonight. They'll be playing a full-strength team tonight no doubt.
- We are in form.
- They are not in form.
- They are absolutely terrible away, and we're strongest it would seem when at home.

If we come out all guns blazing against them I can see us pulling off a memorable victory. They were there for the taking in the match we played at their place and I think now our squad is brimming with confidence, we can really trouble them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If they lose to City then they can kiss goodbye to the Top 4, which then means they'd have to win the Europa League to get into the Champions league so beat AC Milan in the last 16. The first leg is in a week's time.

If City win tonight Arsenal have to start thinking about the Milan match as the last chance to save their season, and on the back of losing in the League Cup Final I fancy they won't be fully focused on Sunday's match.

Therefore, I do subscribe to the idea that this is a great opportunity for the Albion to pick up their first points against a Top 6 club. Moreover, I can't see that Wenger would have had much opportunity to do his homework on Locadia and I fancy this is the right time to start him. Arsenal will have the majority of possession so our best chance to hurt them will be on the break - not Murray's forte.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH I'm not interested in the Wenger dynamic if we beat them on Sunday. If we do then I'm just going to cut myself off from the world and watch Arsenal Fan TV on a loop.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
TBH I'm not interested in the Wenger dynamic if we beat them on Sunday. If we do then I'm just going to cut myself off from the world and watch Arsenal Fan TV on a loop.

If we beat Arsenal, Fan TV will be red hot on Sunday. Never mind the gas shortage, you'd be able to heat the country with the rage emanating from Arsenal Fan TV if we win

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Under the last years of Fergie Man Utd let their squad get depleted to the point where they couldn't compete against neighbours City. It looks like Arsenal may be repeating that trick with Wenger and Spurs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If I'm honest it would suit me for it to be called off. I have a procedure at the Royal Surrey County Hospital tomorrow which means I might not be able to make the game.

Whilst I very much hope your procedure goes well tomorrow Bwian and that you make the game, I'm anxious that this fixture goes ahead on Sunday. We are confident, and in form, after two wins on the bounce. Now is the time to play it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here