Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy and Murray

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Of all the players we have, Murray is one I feel will not be too fussed about what big Shane shouts at him.

I agree on your other point - Murray was exceptional on Saturday. 5 goals in 7 games in 2018 and up to double figures for the season now. Love that guy.

Usually i would agree but the thing on saturday was that for most of the rest of that half there was a difference in murray's body language. Shoulders were a slumped a bit. Rollockings are part and parcel of team sport. It happens i know and most pros do seem to just shrug it off (and its not like steele and williams in the goal mouth at old trafford in 79/80.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ironic that he is lambasting a player on top of his game at present, when he has allowed his own high standards to slip rather badly in recent weeks, putting his own CB partner under a huge amount of pressure. He needs to concentrate himself on doing the basic things right, rather than over ambitious charges up field, followed by the inevitable pass straight to the opposition. Or losing concentration at set-pieces and allowing free headers ( happened again Saturday and we got away with it )

Quite frankly, based on some of his recent performances, he was lucky to retain his place in the side. Goldson has impressed the brief occasions he has featured. He is younger, more mobile and reads the game well. Duffy has eye catching power in his headed clearances and throws his body on the line, similarly to Dunk. He played better on Saturday but his immobility at this level, still worries me.

Agree with the thrust of this. I'd add that it annoys me that he fails to direct his headers sufficiently well; he should be using it as one of the strings of his passing bow.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Agree with the thrust of this. I'd add that it annoys me that he fails to direct his headers sufficiently well; he should be using it as one of the strings of his passing bow.

Yes.
There appears to be more concentration on pure power, rather than accuracy. A nicely cushioned header to one of his own players, fifteen yards away is preferable to a massive launch 35-40 yards upfield, that goes straight to the opposition and thus comes straight back at us again.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Didn't really see a change of "aura" around Glenn after this. In fact my nose is still bleeding at the incredible shift that Muzza put in!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Murray isn't a smiler on or off the pitch, he's a pro and would have thought let Duffy have a rant and we can all get back to the game, nothing to see here!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not sure where the view that Duffy had a bad game on Saturday has come from. He was very good. I suppose it's the same mentality that says that Gaetan Bong is shit every game, irrespective of how he ACTUALLY plays. I can it Dean Wilkins syndrome.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Remember when Tommy Fraser was laying into Murray for not chasing Fabian Delph for The Leeds United's 3rd goal at Withdean when Micky Adams was manager?

As has been said, Murray wasn't fit then. I'm pleased in a way because Delph's goal was my favourite opposite strike at Withdean. Furious at the time but looking back...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Evens itself out no? Murray had a right go at Knocky after he'd selfishly squandered about three or four first half chances.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Next time Duffy comes forward for a corner and fluffs his lines I hope Glenn gives it to him with both barrels.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure where the view that Duffy had a bad game on Saturday has come from.

Sitting in two different places as I did on Saturday I heard that Gross, Propper and Stephens were all poor and, of course, Bong was utterly shit.

For me, Knockaert was the only sub-par performance on Saturday.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sitting in two different places as I did on Saturday I heard that Gross, Propper and Stephens were all poor and, of course, Bong was utterly shit.

And Wilkins. #FFSWilkins

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

So then oh noble leader, this bilocation of what you speak of, is this part of your omnipotency?:bowdown:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Indeed. Said this a while ago, trouble is we all love him for it. He seems to just dare himself to see how much distance he can get on an unchallenged header rather than direct it anywhere useful or bring it down and pass it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Whilst it's true that Knockaert missed a few chances on Saturday, it's also true that he did get involved in the game, was always looking for the ball, and never shirked. On balance l'd ratherm see him onn the right wing than Solly, if only for his total involvement in the game. Always a player too who can come up with the unexpected. It could quite easily have been Knocky than Izquierdo who came up with that wonder goal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So then oh noble leader, this bilocation of what you speak of, is this part of your omnipotency?:bowdown:

There's two words there I don't understand. I'm going to guess you're making reference to sitting in two different places. If so, that's down to my daughter and [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]'s daughter playing musical chairs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Barely (both born in 1992). Certainly not different enough for one to be rated any differently, as some kind of 'prospect'.

Agreed. People always talk about Goldson as if he is about 21, baffles me.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Evens itself out no? Murray had a right go at Knocky after he'd selfishly squandered about three or four first half chances.

Was this before or after Duffy had a go at him? That is - was he annoyed and therefore taking it out on someone else??

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Indeed. Said this a while ago, trouble is we all love him for it. He seems to just dare himself to see how much distance he can get on an unchallenged header rather than direct it anywhere useful or bring it down and pass it.

But at least we're getting the head on the ball from corners now, and getting it outside the box!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here