Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I suppose if you were telling the truth you wont mind sharing the link that has Boris saying he wants to remove workers rights, remove health and safety standards and remove standards on foods.
Bit surprised you havnt shared it already, must be all over the news.

if you cant find it you will end up with class warriors agreeing with you.......no one wants that

He said, "we will be forced to match EU arrangements on the environment and social affairs and much else besides. Of course we all want high standards but it is hard to see how the Conservative government of the 1980s could have done its vital supply side reforms with those freedoms taken away."

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He said, "we will be forced to match EU arrangements on the environment and social affairs and much else besides. Of course we all want high standards but it is hard to see how the Conservative government of the 1980s could have done its vital supply side reforms with those freedoms taken away."

ok so no evidence from you
ill wait for the other bloke to provide it......if he can

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
ok so no evidence from you
ill wait for the other bloke to provide it......if he can

He says, "we all want high standards but", and you don't think there is any suggestion that he would like to be able to lower standards?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
last time i touched weed was in Amsterdam for the England game about 15 years or so ago.
Never smoke anything named after a russian assault rifle

What have you ingested this morning to cause the hyper-manic state you're in? Is it Cocaine?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You forgot to put the :lolol: after your hilarious use of Twatter.

Was the spelling okay for you though?Us pensioners forget useless things like spelling,punctuation,foreign languages and couldn't survive without you 'youngsters'.Perhaps I should have quoted Lily Madigan's hilarious tweet on prison assault numbers to lighten things up.Wonder where she learned her sums?Good old Di Abbott,perchance?Now that is worth a :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He says, "we all want high standards but", and you don't think there is any suggestion that he would like to be able to lower standards?

So still no evidence they are undercutting these standards or intending to.

"They want rid, so that they can undercut standards everywhere, be it workers rights, health & safety or standards on food/goods"

Provide the links that there are plans for the gov to do so..........dont be hot air and speculation.......just provide the evidence this is happening or the gov is planning it to happen

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Here it is. https://hansard.parliament.uk/commo...D863-4AC9-87B3-35DA3A3EAFEE/PersonalStatement

".....we will be forced to match EU arrangements on the environment, social affairs and much else besides. Of course, we all want high standards, but I say to my hon. Friends that it is hard to see how the Conservative Government of the 1980s could have done their vital supply-side reforms with those freedoms taken away

I suppose if you were telling the truth you wont mind sharing the link that has Boris saying he wants to remove workers rights, remove health and safety standards and remove standards on foods.
Bit surprised you havnt shared it already, must be all over the news.

if you cant find it you will end up with class warriors agreeing with you.......no one wants that

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boris Johnson let the cat out of the bag about what Brexit really means to him and his fellow Etonions, it's all about getting rid of those rules that enable a fair trading field across the EU (the same rules that we have helped devise). They want rid, so that they can undercut standards everywhere, be it workers rights, health & safety or standards on food/goods.

I can understand that from someone like Boris the buffoon and that other workshy Ree-Smog as they have inherited wealth - built on the backs of workers. What I simply cannot fathom is how the Labour party really believes that being out of Europe, will help Labours core vote. They will be the ones who are screwed the most.

Corbyn should be ashamed of himself

Good post

Unfortunately Corbyn's weakness on Brexit created a vacumn. The Tory right, Farage plus Dacre and co. spotted this and took the opportunity to exploit the working class vote.

If Brexit is reversed there will feel cheated, if Brexit goes ahead they will feel cheated as the lies are gradually exposed. Its a lose - lose situation...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good post

Unfortunately Corbyn's weakness on Brexit created a vacumn. The Tory right, Farage plus Dacre and co. spotted this and took the opportunity to exploit the working class vote.

If Brexit is reversed there will feel cheated, if Brexit goes ahead they will feel cheated as the lies are gradually exposed. Its a lose - lose situation...

Except that Corbyn's position is to retain and enshrine all of those workers rights into UK law in the event of Brexit. To suggest that the Labour Party want the same Brexit as the ERG is just not true.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Or sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'PROJECT FEAR' - very mature :wink:

I have to say I haven't blocked anyone because I don't like their views on Brexit. Far from it. The two people I have on ignore are there because they cannot take part in debate without getting very nasty and very personal. I'm not talking calling someone thicko or ignorant, they get way out of line, way too quickly. I have no desire to read that toxic crap.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Here it is. https://hansard.parliament.uk/commo...D863-4AC9-87B3-35DA3A3EAFEE/PersonalStatement

".....we will be forced to match EU arrangements on the environment, social affairs and much else besides. Of course, we all want high standards, but I say to my hon. Friends that it is hard to see how the Conservative Government of the 1980s could have done their vital supply-side reforms with those freedoms taken away

I know what he said, I thought you were going to provide evidence of him saying he wanted to remove workers rights, remove health and safety standards and remove standards on foods. As implied by you.
ill put you down as a fail

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have to say I haven't blocked anyone because I don't like their views on Brexit. Far from it. The two people I have on ignore are there because they cannot take part in debate without getting very nasty and very personal. I'm not talking calling someone thicko or ignorant, they get way out of line, way too quickly. I have no desire to read that toxic crap.

Yet you read it and reply to it whilst pretending to ignore it,its why you are easy to manipulate to get you to respond because your curiosity and narcissism obviously overtake your desires

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
So, what do you think this refers to? " it is hard to see how the Conservative Government of the 1980s could have done their vital supply-side reforms with those freedoms taken away"

Liam Fox hasn't ruled out the lowering of standards on food i.e accepting US Chlorinated Chicken.

I know what he said, I thought you were going to provide evidence of him saying he wanted to remove workers rights, remove health and safety standards and remove standards on foods. As implied by you.
ill put you down as a fail

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Except that Corbyn's position is to retain and enshrine all of those workers rights into UK law in the event of Brexit. To suggest that the Labour Party want the same Brexit as the ERG is just not true.

I'm not saying that.

What I am saying is when it came to the referendum campaign Corbyn just wasn't on the scene, he gave the Tory right an open goal. I'm sure that tipped the balance far more than say Vote Leave's abuse of electoral rules

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here