Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Who is America? (Sacha Baron Cohen)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again, Americans are idiots.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Can someone please confirm that the art lady cutting off some of her blonde pubes for the paintbrush was not staged.
If not then I am off to an art gallery with my balding masonry brush today to try my luck.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I've just seen her children's names for the first time, she must have the Only Fools and Horses box set

Bristol, Track, Trig, Willow and Piper

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
'I don't want you to judge me for this, but there was a time when my partner Naomi took a porpoise lover - my first instinct was let's move to a landlocked state' :lolol::lolol:

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Have to say i thought it was really old fashioned and rather tedious . The same humour as he was doing 15 years ago . Dress up as some idiot journo / professor type and say stupid and confusing things . Not funny , 1990's humour . 5 out of 10 from me

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Have to say i thought it was really old fashioned and rather tedious . The same humour as he was doing 15 years ago . Dress up as some idiot journo / professor type and say stupid and confusing things . Not funny , 1990's humour . 5 out of 10 from me
It's funny because there's still people that go along with it!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I found myself agog at some of the stuff people were coming out with. I know he's "leading" them into saying this ridiculous stuff, but bloody hell. Only one bloke called him out on it by saying "you're actually wanting me to say on camera that I'd endorse training and arming pre-school toddlers with guns ?? You're not gonna get a congressman to do that...."

Cue a 5-10 minute section of various congressmen doing EXACTLY that :lolol:

Amazing television. The art gallery woman and her pubes, goodness me.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed and cringed in equal measure.

As has been alluded to though, it was just Brass Eye with more dangerous people/bigger nutters.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8523147 said:
Apparently the guys doing the info video for the gundergarden or whatever it's called were asked to read off a teleprompter thinking they were filming something for Isareli TV. While the guys are obviously batshit mental nutters the tactics are slightly underhand by Cohen and clearly make the guys on tape appear worse than they actually are (and they are terrible people IMO).

I'm sorry, but there's being made to look a bit silly by reading a teleprompter with the occasional silly fact in (see BrassEye)....and then there's reading a teleprompter about guns marketed for children and how to "shoot the bad man" right in the chest.

They are either so stupid to fall for this that they shouldn't be in a position of authority......or they actually believe it ....in which case they probably shouldn't be in a position of authority.

And then they come out with "ohhh, you got me! You cheeky little scamp" as if he made them sit on a whoopee cushion or something. No, you were doing a promo video about arming kindergartners...

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Please tell me that Bristol is a girl.

She is, but I'm not sure it's the most apt nickname.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here