Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I still think it was tactical genius to locate the away fans in Portslade.

Will never forget playing Leicester at Withdean, in the fog. Brian Deane scored for them and none of them realised at first. As the Leicester players made their way back to the centre circle, the penny suddenly dropped and there was this delayed, semi muted cheer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They had been condemned and were out of use when I was there earlier in the season.

I believe some went to Whitehawk and some to Peacehaven too, but no idea if they are still there.

There aren't any seats at Peacehaven. At least there weren't any when I called in a few weeks ago.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Will never forget playing Leicester at Withdean, in the fog. Brian Deane scored for them and none of them realised at first. As the Leicester players made their way back to the centre circle, the penny suddenly dropped and there was this delayed, semi muted cheer.

Was that the team where the fans were singing, Can you tell us if we score?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Fabrizio Ravenelli loved the place.
The ' White Feather ' was on the bench ( think it was for Derby ) It was cold, it was wet ( very wet ) and he was done up like Nanook of the North. He only left the dugout once. Went about ten yards up the touchline and headed straight back to the dugout, not to re-emerge. Forget the warmth and style of Juve, Marseille and Lazio. Forget the cold days up at Boro or even Dundee. He had never, ever seen anything like Withdean.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They had been condemned and were out of use when I was there earlier in the season.

I believe some went to Whitehawk and some to Peacehaven too, but no idea if they are still there.

Seats at Newhaven FC are only out of bounds at one end of the ground, there are lots of others in use.
Whitehawk do have plenty of old Withdean seats.
None at Peacehaven.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Actually, I seem to remember that. They couldn't see a thing and didn't have a clue that they had scored.

I'll raise you Paul Ince playing for wolves when we beat them 4-1 in 2003. I was there really early picking up a ticket from a guy I worked with who's son was a ball boy for the match. His face when he walked out on to the pitch in his tracksuit to take it all in!

I just thought of all the magnificent stadiums he has played in week in week out and laughed at him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here