Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just need to wait and see what the investigation turns up (if anything). IF it did happen it is likely to have been just one or a very small number of people, in which case it it would have probably only been heard by those nearby. Fair play then if it turns out anyone who reported it was a fellow Burnley fan. The assumption is that the complainant(s) are Brighton fans but does anyone actually know that? Could be Burnley, could be a steward, could be an official, could be a player (I'll leave mascot out for now, but you never know....)

He wouldn't have been near to the Burnley fans next to us behind the goal then as he would take the throw in from the other side of the pitch in the second half

That's why I mentioned what the article said. It might well be someone other than a Brighton fan who reported it.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
So the story is, Brighton officials have gone to the press to say that they haven't heard any monkey noises but they think someone else might have? Doesn't sound much of a story so far.

The good news is, if it was in the second half and within range of the away end, the cameras opposite would be perfectly placed to see it. So it won't be difficult to prove; I have no idea why the Brighton officials haven't already looked at the tape produced the evidence at the same time as making the loud and public complaint. The person or persons will be identified (it's all season ticket holders in that stand) and will be banned for life, as all people convicted of football-related offences are at Burnley..

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
please enlighten me ? What is claimed to have been chanted ?

I don't know, but the conventional monkey chant is a staccato 'oo-oo-oo', not a long 'ooooooo' that you'd get as part of a 'booooo'. Jeez, I can't believe I've just had to type that!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So the story is, Brighton officials have gone to the press to say that they haven't heard any monkey noises but they think someone else might have? Doesn't sound much of a story so far.

The good news is, if it was in the second half and within range of the away end, the cameras opposite would be perfectly placed to see it. So it won't be difficult to prove; I have no idea why the Brighton officials haven't already looked at the tape produced the evidence at the same time as making the loud and public complaint. The person or persons will be identified (it's all season ticket holders in that stand) and will be banned for life, as all people convicted of football-related offences are at Burnley..

Indeed but a few on here are probably hoping for one.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
You would need pretty good hearing to pick out an "oo-oo-oo" among a loud chorus of "Boooooooo". Ther emust have been some monkey-arm-armpit movements too, or these two people who reported it (if they are telling the truth) wouldn't be able to pick it out. That's why the cameras should get it so easily.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What a mess , thought i'd seen the last of this shit 20 years ago , i'd be gutted if this turns out to be true , just no place for it , anywhere .

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Burnley..

I haven't seen that quote. Can you provide a link to it please?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You would need pretty good hearing to pick out an "oo-oo-oo" among a loud chorus of "Boooooooo". Ther emust have been some monkey-arm-armpit movements too, or these two people who reported it (if they are telling the truth) wouldn't be able to pick it out. That's why the cameras should get it so easily.

Don't be silly, if you were near enough you could audibly pick it out very easily.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

If I was saying the guy on my left was saying "Booooo" and the person next to me was shouting "ooo ooo oooo" I would not need them to add the "arm pit movement" to help me realise what they are doing.

I would say my hearing is average to good.

I would also be changing seats straight away.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Did anyone on here who went to the match hear any money chants?

Difficult to tell mate. I was next to the cricket field end, or whatever it's called.

The booing was evident and Bong was being given grief if he strayed near to the touchline. There was pretty constant gay abuse and the old limp wrist gesture from their support. There was a guy who looked like a shaven headed midget who was blowing kisses throughout...to be honest their fans seemed to spend the whole match insulting us rather than watching the game.

I would be VERY surprised if there wasn't some monkey noises in among all the other nonsense but OB will have video and audio as they were taking an interest in events in that area.

No arrests I saw, no stewards hoofing them out, very bad tempered crowd.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Just need to wait and see what the investigation turns up (if anything). IF it did happen it is likely to have been just one or a very small number of people, in which case it it would have probably only been heard by those nearby. Fair play then if it turns out anyone who reported it was a fellow Burnley fan. The assumption is that the complainant(s) are Brighton fans but does anyone actually know that? Could be Burnley, could be a steward, could be an official, could be a player (I'll leave mascot out for now, but you never know....)

It was Albion supporters who reported it to the club "Brighton have now asked Sussex Police to liaise with their Lancashire counterparts over the alleged weekend abuse after being contacted by several of their travelling fans."

Reported in The Express and The Star

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here