Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He'll be playing regularly.. against League Two standard sides. Hope we've got a generous sell-on, he's the business.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I wish him all the very best up there. Sorry to see him go but can understand his reasons. Will find that league a walk in the park .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He'll be playing regularly.. against League Two standard sides. Hope we've got a generous sell-on, he's the business.

Yes playing regularly but will he actually get the improvement in his game from playing against most of the SPL teams. I suppose his concentration will improve as most of the time he will be on the halfway line watching Rangers dominating the match

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I fear we may regret being such a nice club that doesn't want to stand in a player's way. I can see CG looking the business in Scotchland, as van Dijk did, and being bought by a rival club then sold on to Liverpool.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He will prove to be a fantastic signing for Rangers, but it is right and reasonable that we have sold him if he wasn't going to get more games this season than he got last. It's strange for us to be in a position to be selling players we don't really need for several million pounds and making such a handsome profit on a fella who was a good player for us but had fallen down the pecking order.

Thanks for your service, Connor Goldson. Good luck with Rangers and all the best for the future.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good luck - sad to see him go, but he does need to be playing regularly and he should smash that league

I'll miss the Colin Goldstone song though???

*cough* Conroy *cough*

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Sorry to see him go but completely understand the rationale behind the move for all concerned.

And we'll hopefully soon know exactly how good a player Connor is. From what we've seen so far, we'd have to assume a very good one. Regular games, even in the MTL, will reveal more, and determine where his career proceeds from this point.

Good luck to him and hope Rangers fans adopt his chant.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I fear we may regret being such a nice club that doesn't want to stand in a player's way. I can see CG looking the business in Scotchland, as van Dijk did, and being bought by a rival club then sold on to Liverpool.

But he wouldn't be able to develop into such a player if not playing regularly so what are you supposed to do?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

While in the meantime players x,y & z decide not to sing for the Albion because they are reluctant to move players on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well I guess he just wants to play, can’t blame him for that. I hope we have a big sell on clause, as the fee seems an absolute steal.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Yes. Are you new here or something?
So you think Paul Barber tells them absolutely everything that happens, and is never economical with the truth? :facepalm:

Well they know because they talk to Barber or Hughton or Bloom and other sources who confirm or deny stories.

And of course the club are smart about what they say or don't say. And who they're interested in.

But poor old Brian Owen and Andy Naylor . Decades of standing up stories for a local paper, a service that is just about staying alive in obviously difficult circumstances , providing a lot of that journalism for free these days via Twitter and online and being a welcome credible alternative to the torrent of rumours, guesses and regurgitated journalism elsewhere in the window, including a lot of the national press who really do print exaggerated guff provided by agents and the like.
And still users come on here and think its all lies, they know nothing and that Barber, of all people , is a liar and they print it. And continue to do so. Oh well.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Very sad to see him go as he's always been superb for us - and would have slotted in seamlessly in the event of Dunk/Duffy not being available (as he did last season). He'll look world class up there and hopefully the Rangers fans appreciate that they've got one hell of a player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here