Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sounds like BS, can't believe we want another striker

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I can. Hemed and Baldock may well be moving on, leaving us with Murray, Locadia and Andone. Murray is 35 in September; I'd be amazed if he scores as many goals next season as he did this.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I can. Hemed and Baldock may well be moving on, leaving us with Murray, Locadia and Andone. Murray is 35 in September; I'd be amazed if he scores as many goals next season as he did this.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised if that scenario happens. I think Murray will be back up next year, he should be ok in that role IMO. I think the rest of the squad needs strengthing more than the forward line, but a good chance Hemed will leave at least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't get me wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised if that scenario happens. I think Murray will be back up next year, he should be ok in that role IMO. I think the rest of the squad needs strengthing more than the forward line, but a good chance Hemed will leave at least.

You do realise the squad only scored 34 goals last season, (most of those v West Ham).

Spent the first half of the season with just Murray & Hemed, and the second half with 2 strikers who couldn't look any more disinterested if they were doing palace's accounts.

The club is finally in a position to spend on strikers and clear out the elderly and infirmed.
If it doesn't do it now then it never will and sooner rather than later we'll run out of '3 clubs worse than us'.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
You do realise the squad only scored 34 goals last season, (most of those v West Ham).

Spent the first half of the season with just Murray & Hemed, and the second half with 2 strikers who couldn't look any more disinterested if they were doing palace's accounts.

The club is finally in a position to spend on strikers and clear out the elderly and infirmed.
If it doesn't do it now then it never will and sooner rather than later we'll run out of '3 clubs worse than us'.
Yes I do, and the reason we scored that few IMO is lack of ability to score away and Andone will help fix that. We also need more threat from midfield and an ability push further up the field. We have to hope more comes from Locadia next year or we do have a bit of a problem.

I think our attacking threat improved in the 2nd half of the season.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

We spent the second half with Murray I dont get where you see the disinterested shit you are spewing Locadia was coming off of an injury and was barely used as a utility sub and Ulloa looked far from disinterested he just couldnt deliver apart from one of the best goals of the season. There could be room for another striker but CH is most likely to stick with one up front and whoever it is would need to be very patient and a lot better than this rumour.

Akpom now that was disinterested.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
#wrongagain

My SAUCE says no SINGING today

#writeagain #ITK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STOP KNICKING my LINES BLaDDerS! #sheeboitk #wrightagain

It’s TEEDYOUS x

Bradders is a tit x

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You know how certain people can be banned from a thread to make it a more pleasant and useful place for all...

#banbradders

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Okay, surely it is time for another signing today!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We spent the second half with Murray I dont get where you see the disinterested shit you are spewing Locadia was coming off of an injury and was barely used as a utility sub and Ulloa looked far from disinterested he just couldnt deliver apart from one of the best goals of the season. There could be room for another striker but CH is most likely to stick with one up front and whoever it is would need to be very patient and a lot better than this rumour.

Akpom now that was disinterested.
Assuming Hemed and Baldock are off, the squad currently has two and a half strikers.

Two that are unproven in the Premier League and one who's use by date is up now and will be long gone in 10 months time.

3 strikers got enough game time last season, I accept it's a bit of a gamble to go into a season with 3 unproven strikers esp when Locadia is one of them, who despite that I still think will be better than we've seen, by virtue of the fact he couldn't be much worse and Burker is no longer the head of recruitment.

I think another striker is needed because of our 34 goals last season, the club 'made' 10m on Andone, so there should be room for a 'free hit' player who needs to be a striker.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Assuming Hemed and Baldock are off, the squad currently has two and a half strikers.

Two that are unproven in the Premier League and one who's use by date is up now and will be long gone in 10 months time.

3 strikers got enough game time last season, I accept it's a bit of a gamble to go into a season with 3 unproven strikers esp when Locadia is one of them, who despite that I still think will be better than we've seen, by virtue of the fact he couldn't be much worse and Burker is no longer the head of recruitment.

I think another striker is needed because of our 34 goals last season, the club 'made' 10m on Andone, so there should be room for a 'free hit' player who needs to be a striker.

Agreed. We have spent barely nothing so far so Winstanley is scouting about with a big briefcase of cash. There’ll be at least one striker more incoming I reckon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Hemed is off for sure - we already have our full quota of non-HGPs ( when we include Maenpaa, Skalak and Hemed ) so something has to give unless we are now only recruiting home-growns.

Baldock - HGP, quoted as still keen to pursue his PL dream in a recent-ish article... 50/50 stay/go I reckon.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
the squad currently has two and a half strikers...one who's use by date is up now and will be long gone in 10 months time.

Glenn Murray is his name I think. And he’s scored 35 goals in the last 2 seasons. Not a bad 34 year old “half a striker”. ..
Anyway I seem to remember SB (many many posts about our striker failings especially poor Sam Baldock who really gets your goat) that Hughton can’t pick or play strikers for toffee (a “blind spot”) and Albion won’t pay the market rate for em so this whole discussion is a bit moot until presumably the whole rotten lot are turfed out.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Glenn Murray is his name I think. And he’s scored 35 goals in the last 2 seasons. Not a bad 34 year old “half a striker”. ..
Anyway I seem to remember SB (many many posts about our striker failings especially poor Sam Baldock who really gets your goat) that Hughton can’t pick or play strikers for toffee (a “blind spot”) and Albion won’t pay the market rate for em so this whole discussion is a bit moot until presumably the whole rotten lot are turfed out.

I think he might have been referring to Locadia as half a striker

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Maybe 3/4 each?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Why is he not stil there Benfica got in two new strikers and dont want him. I am not getting the feels for this at 10m euros for a striker who scored 7 goals last season.

Because Eintracht don't have that kind of budget... outside the top coupla clubs, there is very little money in the Bundesliga. Eintracht may get 50k bums on seats per home game, but don't actually own their stadium..

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Maybe 3/4 each?

Who knows. But i think we are here with our strikers according to
SB: Locadia - "disinterested" "Unproven" , Baldock - "Crocked" (or worse) , Hemed "bless him " (or worse) , Ulloa - "disinterested" , Murray - "half a striker","past his use by date". Andone "Unproven" - yet to show whether he's interested i guess.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agreed. We have spent barely nothing so far so Winstanley is scouting about with a big briefcase of cash. There’ll be at least one striker more incoming I reckon.

I may be wrong, but l reckon we might be done on the striker front now, and we will hang on to at least one of Baldock/Hemed. A holding midfielder to come in possibly, (replacement for Sidwell), and maybe a centre back, and then we are done, until January at least.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here