Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
AK emotionally has had a tough year reading between the lines, he said himself next season he will be back to his best, Well done AK you are worth the entrance fee alone when on that kind of form.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Shut up his doubters last night and showed what he can do when on form. Always gives everything and his defensive work last night was equally as outstanding.

What a great boost for his confidence as well

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That was an immense performance and just what we know he’s capable of. We have to remember the guy is emotional and has had a very tough time of late. Today he played with his head in the right place. Confident but not over arrogant, disciplined yet free spirited, skilful yet hard working. I hope this means he’s got his shit together because we have an unbelievably good player on our hands if he has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's emotional but he's also a confidence player. Last night his confidence was sky high.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He's emotional but he's also a confidence player. Last night his confidence was sky high.

Agreed. He has to hit the right level. When he's over confident he takes on too many players or his touch deserts him. Last night, however, was absolutely the perfect confidence level for him. Hopefully he'll get unleashed against City and the dippers too.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Knocky needs to feel the love from the crowd. When his confidence is high, there is no better player to watch. I'm delighted he is finally showing his true form and finishing the season strongly. Next year he'll be even better!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
superb

getting banned did him the world of good - a break one suspects gave him a bit of perspective

what a player we have

I was thinking the same. AK has come back a different player.

I suspect CH has sat him down and given him the old 'your career can go in two directions - you choose' type chat... He certainly has been back to his best and what an asset!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Watched it again when I got home. He was absolutely brilliant. Best performance this season by a distance. Such quick feet, leaving Rojo and Martial for dead. This was how we all hoped he would play this season, but obviously been tough for him without a proper preseason and his emotional situation. Just love the guy and really hope he can kick on and produce consistently like that next season. He truly is a gamechanging player

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
From the Daily Mail....
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 09.12.47.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shop window ?
Impressed, but paid to do every game not when it suits, he needs the consistency he had in the Championship.
Not many wingers of that style can produce it at the top level every game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was thinking the same. AK has come back a different player.

I suspect CH has sat him down and given him the old 'your career can go in two directions - you choose' type chat...
I imagine the wording was more supportive, as I think he's the type of person the responds better to the carrot than the stick.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
To use a term from the wonderful Warren Aspinall...

He's sent Martial out to buy a programme. He's had to pay to get back in!

What a game from the little magician.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here