Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I must admit to being confused by all of this. As a 1901 member I am able to transfer my seat to anybody I like using the system set up by the club. On about 2 occasions this year I have transferred it to my son, (you merely give their e-mail address and the club send them a link to print the ticket at home and removing the admission for that match off my ST card). One other time I have transferred it to a fan who sits next to me so he can bring a relative along and it works fine.

I appreciate that I can't sell the ticket, although how the club would know I'm not sure, and that technically I am responsible for the guest during his visit. The bit that throws me though is that the club talk about 'turning a blind eye' for ordinary ST holders but actively promote it as a benefit for 1901 members. Seems very strange!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The club need to have some sort of method whereby I can say "unable to attend X, this person <Name> is attending in my place" and charge me a fee or whatever to enable it. I don't mind slinging a fiver in the clubs direction if A) I can't make the odd game and B) it means someone else does and C) it's someone I know and trust and D) it means there isn't just an empty seat.

I know there's the ticket exchange but that violates C up there for me.

If it's someone you know and trust, the club isn't going to know/will turn a blind eye.

The fans getting 'done' are selling to strangers or offering tickets in public.

I must admit to being confused by all of this. As a 1901 member I am able to transfer my seat to anybody I like using the system set up by the club. On about 2 occasions this year I have transferred it to my son, (you merely give their e-mail address and the club send them a link to print the ticket at home and removing the admission for that match off my ST card). One other time I have transferred it to a fan who sits next to me so he can bring a relative along and it works fine.

I appreciate that I can't sell the ticket, although how the club would know I'm not sure, and that technically I am responsible for the guest during his visit. The bit that throws me though is that the club talk about 'turning a blind eye' for ordinary ST holders but actively promote it as a benefit for 1901 members. Seems very strange!

1901 is automatically sold out. The club doesn't make it for the rest of us to sell because they have 5000 tickets to flog each match - and, presumably, are worried it would be open to abuse.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I think some people are getting confused between what the club want/ can do and illegal.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's perfect ... thanks

As I said a few pages back it seems like the club can't legally say "yes share your tickets with your mates" as it is breaking whatever draconian law there is but it does seem they are willing to turn a blind eye to it as long as no money is involved and it isn't advertised publicly/online. I think as soon as you post on facebook/ebay/twitter offering the tickets you'll be in trouble.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

It used to be the same for ordinary season ticket holders...For the first three seasons at amex I had two tickets in my name and took son or friend or let friends go with both.....Then I was told I could not have two with same name so had to put one in sons name.

el punal

Not being naive here, but do ST have photo ID on them.
If not, then why not, surely this would stop all abuse of ST, rendering people don't get in the poo.
I guess I may get flack for this, but :shrug:

No, season tickets do not have photo ID. If they did, for security checking at the turnstiles, the disruption would be horrendous. As it is we have to queue for bag searches and pat downs. Add to that a steward checking to see if your mug bares any resemblance to the image on the card would just cause a world of grief. Basically it would be unmanageable because of the sheer numbers of perfectly honest and respectable fans trying to gain access to the ground would create a human log-jam.

To be fair, I think the club have got it just about right. Those of us thoroughly decent and loyal fans who loan our season tickets to friends and family on occasions are not causing a problem, and are therefore left alone. On the other hand, those mercenary sods that think they'll make a fast buck and sell on to touts and others deserve the club's wrath - if nothing else hopefully they won't do it again.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I dont understand why if you have a season ticket you would want to sell it on for a game like Arsenal. If you have a season ticket, you must have a fair bit of interest in the club and want to see us give a game to these top sides.

Don't know if it's already been stated here but STH. Can purchase an extra ticket once bronze members have had a chance to purchase one, this is before they go on purchase history sale which for top games does not happen due to them being already sold out, this creates a black market for any unscrupulous STH's to sell on.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No, season tickets do not have photo ID. If they did, for security checking at the turnstiles, the disruption would be horrendous. As it is we have to queue for bag searches and pat downs. Add to that a steward checking to see if your mug bares any resemblance to the image on the card would just cause a world of grief. Basically it would be unmanageable because of the sheer numbers of perfectly honest and respectable fans trying to gain access to the ground would create a human log-jam.

To be fair, I think the club have got it just about right. Those of us thoroughly decent and loyal fans who loan our season tickets to friends and family on occasions are not causing a problem, and are therefore left alone. On the other hand, those mercenary sods that think they'll make a fast buck and sell on to touts and others deserve the club's wrath - if nothing else hopefully they won't do it again.
Thank you a brilliant answer :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The reason they turn a blind eye to mates passing on with no money exchanging hands is probably due to the amount of freebies they give out to players and whatnot , what's good for the goose and all that , because there's no way all the people these freebies get farmed out to , ALL will all have a BHAFC purchase history , probably .

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Curious if he advertised/posted online about it being available? If not how did the club know he hadn't used it himself?

Yep. Posted on a Facebook group.

I just think a slap on the wrist for first time offenders is more than enough. There was no need to cancel tickets and invoke a ban. He just didn’t realise they’d started doing this. They’ve allowed it for ages and won’t provide a proper ticket exchange or endorse an unofficial one on here, so I think they are being a little heavy handed in their actions against proper fans.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The Club is trying to be pragmatic. It can't be producing endless scenarios in the "rules" most of which are framed by the law of the land when it comes to touting. It is being pragmatic in how it applies the rules to ensure that sensible behavior prevails wherever possible, but it will act accordingly to those who disregard the sentiment it is trying to allow. Try and do the right thing in the context of that sentiment and all is fine as far as I see.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yep. Posted on a Facebook group.

I just think a slap on the wrist for first time offenders is more than enough. There was no need to cancel tickets and invoke a ban. He just didn’t realise they’d started doing this. They’ve allowed it for ages and won’t provide a proper ticket exchange or endorse an unofficial one on here, so I think they are being a little heavy handed in their actions against proper fans.

You may have to explain the concept of 'proper fans' when talking about someone who offloads their season ticket for a day for a profit.

This has been discussed on here many times, especially when the club put out a statement asking people to stop. 'First time offender' has no meaning or value here - people were warned, and those actively chose not to adhere to those warnings.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You may be able to bin a £50 ticket, but that doesn’t mean we all can when we can’t go.

The rules disallow any transfer, even if no money changes hands, so it’s not really the point anyway.

I've never paid £50 for a ticket. I'm in the cheap seats.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Technically, every transfer needs the club’s permission. However, the club are on record as saying they turn a blind eye to the type of transfer you describe. However, ever since we got a waiting list for ST, they have have been consistent in saying they’ll take a very dim view of what most fans would accept as touting - ie the sale of your ticket to a total stranger, usually for a big profit.

Transfer your ticket to a mate in the pub? You’ll be fine.
Sell it on social media or via a tout at the game? Not so much.

Imo, of course.

Bang on. I have two STs. Mrs T can't attend all that often so its family or the family of the lads who sit close to me (and who have been here, like me, since day 1). No money changes hands. I would be astonished if the club are remotely bothered. There is no way I'd use it as a sinecure. My Arsenal season ticket holding mate, and my gust on Sunday, is in the same boat as me vis a vis the Emirates.

Anyone advertising tickets for sale needs to give their head a good old wobble.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here