• Reading Win

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 110 76.4%

• Total voters

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Everyone is pinning everything down to the next two games but look at the fixtures after that. The next nine games, bar Leeds away, are largely against lower table sides. We could quite feasibly lose to Reading and Newcastle, drop behind Huddersfield, then put on a big run and pull away again. Long way to go yet

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not quite. We need to match Huddersfield's results each time out ( in fact we have 4 points contingency ).

Starting on Saturday. Put anything beyond that into the 'not worth stressing over' box.

Match or better Huddersfield's result on Saturday and the table looks good.
Basically Huddersfield will need to win two more than us :)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Huddersfield are on an incredible run at the moment, but what gives me a bit of comfort is the period in October/November when a defeat against Preston saw the start of a run where they took five points from a possible twenty one: getting stuffed 5-0 by Fulham, and losing or dropping points against Cardiff, Birmingham, Wigan and Blackburn. It makes me think that when the loss eventually comes, there is a chance it could be quickly followed by more losses. If the loss never comes, they'll obviously deserve promotion and it will be up to us to beat Newcastle to the line.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not quite. We need to match Huddersfield's results each time out ( in fact we have 4 points contingency ).

Starting on Saturday. Put anything beyond that into the 'not worth stressing over' box.

You've made me feel much better about things.

Can we meet regularly over the next few weeks and possibly have a direct line in case I have another meltdown? Thanks.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What's not to enjoy :)
We have a mid table budget and we're expected to make the playoffs.Its another exhilarating season that will go all the way...We will give it our all and if it's not enough then so be it.

Oh I don't know… maybe what beckons in the summer if we don't make it? The thought of us not getting the chance to see so many much loved players take the field amongst the country's finest clubs in OUR colours? Losing some much needed exposure for the club and it's future? Our owner having to subsidise another 3-4 year project of 15M+ per year in order to have another go which might not be as strong a chance?

Nah no biggy, at least it was exciting.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How to get promotion in 8 easy steps-
Step 1 beat Rotherham (A), Blackburn (H), Birmingham (H), QPR (A), Wolves (A), Wigan (H) & Bristol C (H).
Then, draw with Derby (H)
Somewhere along the line you may drop the odd point, don't worry as you can expect to pick up at least 4 points here-
Reading (H), Newcastle (H), Forest (A), Leeds (A), Norwich (A) & Villa (A).

For those who want a nightmare tonight picture this. We beat Newcastle and on 11th March the table could be
Brighton - 77
Newcastle - 76
Huddersfield - 76 with a game (Wolves A) in hand.

It's in our hands, treat it with care and it will all work out for us.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Oh I don't know… maybe what beckons in the summer if we don't make it? The thought of us not getting the chance to see so many much loved players take the field amongst the country's finest clubs in OUR colours? Losing some much needed exposure for the club and it's future? Our owner having to subsidise another 3-4 year project of 15M+ per year in order to have another go which might not be as strong a chance?

Nah no biggy, at least it was exciting.
We've seen some shite in ourtimes that's for sure but worrying about ins and outs next season isn't an issue as players will always come and go :)

If we slip up again I'm sure we will be due a bit of playoff glory this time around :)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with [MENTION=5729]sir albion[/MENTION]. Relishing the cut and thrust of another exhilarating promotion chase in the best league in the world.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Some lovely comments on here, thanks all. Always had time for Brighton; it would be great if we can both make up the top-2.

Another great result, in pretty awful conditions that restricted the football a bit. We still managed to create a hatful of chances though, and were very unlucky with a decent penalty save in the first half - a good effort to say two of our best are out of the team at the moment, Kasey Palmer and Jonny Hogg (my player of the season), and Izzy Brown was off colour tonight with illness (subbed after c.30ish minutes). All in all a good evening at the office.

It might sound weird, but we're actually quite pleased about the FA Cup run, and the replay, as it actually breaks up the league games a bit and gives us a chance to play the reserves (an entire 2nd 11 started against City, even the keeper!).

Regardless though, I think you guys are safe from our charge. Newcastle are the ones that need to worry, especially as they still need to come to the MacAlpine :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Forgive me, but isn't that just a calm way of saying - WE MUST WIN SATURDAY.

Against Reading, a decent side, 4th in the table, who usually bounce back from defeat?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The difference Saturday is that a draw is of no use to Reading now. For once we might get a game of football at the Amex where both teams are actually going for the 3 points.
We absolutely have start this game better than we have been of late.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015

Against Reading, a decent side, 4th in the table, who usually bounce back from defeat?

Huddersfield look to be this year's Brighton.... Completely transformed by a new manager at the helm for the season opening. Early flyers, dip a bit, but then come back and refuse to fall away from the leaders.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Huddersfield are on an incredible run at the moment, but what gives me a bit of comfort is the period in October/November when a defeat against Preston saw the start of a run where they took five points from a possible twenty one: getting stuffed 5-0 by Fulham, and losing or dropping points against Cardiff, Birmingham, Wigan and Blackburn. It makes me think that when the loss eventually comes, there is a chance it could be quickly followed by more losses. If the loss never comes, they'll obviously deserve promotion and it will be up to us to beat Newcastle to the line.

I rest my case. You may as well replace the words Newcastle with Burnley and Huddersfield with Brighton. Change a few scores and switch October for January and this post could have been made on a Boro forum almost a year ago.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Sort of. We'll know the Huddersfield result at kickoff. Match it, or better it.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015

Yes. I think you and the Skunks are going up this time around, but it's going to be another high points total finishing in 3rd again.

In any case I hope Hudds rest several players against Wolves as I'd much prefer them to concentrate on somehow knocking Citeh out of the FA cup in their replay, for obvious reasons...

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
I must admit I was hoping for more of a melt down. Always makes me feel better. All the optimism and general "good sport" vibes mean I am in a state of utter despair.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Basically Huddersfield will need to win two more than us :)

Is Sir (Albion) the right answer. We just need to match Hudds' points hauls for 13 the next 14 games.....assuming it's now a three horse race. The Newcastle-Villa and Hudds-Reading results this week have simply confirmed what we all knew; that we can't look to third party results to help us and will have to do the job ourselves. As per last season, three teams are on fire, wth no way (at this stage) of any of us knowing how it will look come early May. All we can do is focus on our games and keep piling on the points as best we can. Let's keep the faith. We're in a great position to be masters of our own destiny.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here