Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piglets Pantry pies

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I went to Reading v Forest Tues with a Forest mate (shit teams, shit atmo, shit place with hardly anyone there - god I love the Amex and the albion team of the last 3 seasons / most of the last 7 seasons). My mate ordered a pie, I chose Pizza as having a pie would surely be disappointment given what I'm used to - his pie was only a blooming piglets one! I assumed as they were local they only did Sussex and the Albion - How have Reading weasled their way into our pies?!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went to Reading v Forest Tues with a Forest mate (shit teams, shit atmo, shit place with hardly anyone there - god I love the Amex and the albion team of the last 3 seasons / most of the last 7 seasons). My mate ordered a pie, I chose Pizza as having a pie would surely be disappointment given what I'm used to - his pie was only a blooming piglets one! I assumed as they were local they only did Sussex and the Albion - How have Reading weasled their way into our pies?!

Not that I buy them but what was the price in comparison to ours?

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire

I was there too (got free tickets - and didn't get my money's worth) and noticed the Piglets too. They also played "Right here, right now" before kick off which I assumed we did due to the Fat Boy Slim connection. Do all Championship teams do it? Or are Reading trying anything to match the Amex atmosphere?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

:nono: :rolleyes:

pokeing-bear3-610x400.jpg

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

Piglets also supply Leicester as well.

Chijeff

Jan 23, 2017

Once had a reason to contact Piglets Pie re the appalling quality at one game, about 3 seasons ago.
The managing director, a very nice lady personally came to visit me with 4 free pies. When I asked her where else they sold them she said everywhere.
I believe she stated at 'more than twenty football clubs and and many of the county cricket grounds'. Plus other sporting venues.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Once had a reason to contact Piglets Pie re the appalling quality at one game, about 3 seasons ago.
The managing director, a very nice lady personally came to visit me with 4 free pies. When I asked her where else they sold them she said everywhere.
I believe she stated at 'more than twenty football clubs and and many of the county cricket grounds'. Plus other sporting venues.

So who ate all the pies then

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Piglets are all over the place now Spurs, MK, Twickenham, Bristol Rovers, Leicester, Chelsea, and many more

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Piglets are all over the place now Spurs, MK, Twickenham, Bristol Rovers, Leicester, Chelsea, and many more

I always assumed it was a small local business - it's either grown rapidly or was bigger than I thought as I thought there was talk of them struggling to get enough pies to the Amex!

So our unique lively pies have now spread to loads of other clubs - gutted! We are the original pie munchers !

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As an aside I don't like that the pre-match brief emails no longer informs us what the guest pie is. Vital information IMHO!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As an aside I don't like that the pre-match brief emails no longer informs us what the guest pie is. Vital information IMHO!

That's because they issued a season long guest pie list, which mainly consisted of various hot/spicy/curry flavours

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After good reports on here, when we next go to Worthing I am going to go on to Rustington to try Turners. As rgards Iceland I prefer the taste of Pukka Pies to Piglets, irrespective of what beef is used, just personal choice of course.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
After good reports on here, when we next go to Worthing I am going to go on to Rustington to try Turners. As rgards Iceland I prefer the taste of Pukka Pies to Piglets, irrespective of what beef is used, just personal choice of course.

Prefer Pukka Pies to Piglets Pantry? That's very nearly heretical! As far as I can tell when I have tried them on occasion, Piglets win prizes for good reason.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is all down to personal choice and I dont like PigletsPies as I for me they are too dry, not enough gravy. I also do not think that they represent VFM but obviously others do as they sell well, albeit there is no choice, it is either take it or leave it

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It is all down to personal choice and I dont like PigletsPies as I for me they are too dry, not enough gravy. I also do not think that they represent VFM but obviously others do as they sell well, albeit there is no choice, it is either take it or leave it

The chicken and gammon pie which I had on Sunday was practically soup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here