Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk's low driving cross-field pass

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If Dunk keeps improving the way he has, he may end up good enough to get on the Palace bench, when they buy him, obviously :ffsparr:

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Pass of the century.

7j8mk_1.gif

It's better than I remember. Eye of the needle pass over a stupidly long distance. Truly top class.

larus

Totally agree with last sentence but i don't think we need to up our goals scored comparitively to goals conceded at the moment.

On the other hand I'm slightly concerned with how little we create ....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The whole point of my original post which [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] backed up was that our success is built from the back. We have done OK in terms of goals scored, but we are low in terms of chances created. So, we are either more skillful in terms of conversion rates, or we are being a bit luckier at the moment in chances v goals ratio (I'm not saying we've been lucky to get the points).

I realise the we have decent backup in BFG and Goldson, but I don't think they are the same level as D&D and, bearing in mind the fine margins we are on at this level, this could be material.

Just my opinion.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I can see a bidding war between the top 4 for him as none of those will want a title rival to beat them to his signature.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
His not that good really, they are the only 2 passes he has ever made that have actually got to the man. Look elsewhere just be wasting money.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A joke? Care to explain it?
Sure. You quoted roughly what Jenas said, and added "words to that effect; not a direct quote - just in case some two bob's jobsworth wants to come on here and say those weren't the exact words)" - so it clearly doesn't matter if you got the quote right, you were just saying the gist of it, and had they said 6'3" (they didn't, they said 6'4" as you said) it wouldn't have mattered. sheebo was just pretending to be a jobsworth by pretending to correct you. That's all.

Was sheebo hoping for a comedy award? No. Just a lighthearted bit of fun.

No matter how many times you replay that clip from MOTD, Jenas still mentions 6'4"...........at least twice.
I know!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
His not that good really, they are the only 2 passes he has ever made that have actually got to the man.
Exactly, YouTube at its worst. He thinks he's better than he is and anyone who's watched him over the years knows he gives the ball to the opposition with those attempts more than they land near a teammate. A fairer highlights real would show him getting stupid bookings left right and centre and generally letting the club down. And that's being generous and glossing over his exploits off the pitch that have landed him in court - if he was at a bigger club there'd be more media attention on him and god knows where it would all end up.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It was the best cross-field pass by a Brighton player since Abdul Razak against Ipswich in 2012.

I hope we don't have to wait another 5 years for the next one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could the club be preparing for an unrefusable bid in Jnuary by the weekend press reports that we are checking on Lamino Kone who is valued at £6.3m on transfermarket as a possible signing. With Hunemier and Goldson why do we need another one? Only 1 reason as I see it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Could the club be preparing for an unrefusable bid in Jnuary by the weekend press reports that we are checking on Lamino Kone who is valued at £6.3m on transfermarket as a possible signing. With Hunemier and Goldson why do we need another one? Only 1 reason as I see it.

Discussed on another thread and the answer is no. You don't go down the garden shed shop with a view to finding a replacement for the house you feel you may be 'forced' to sell. If this analogy isn't clear enough, you don't go down the late night cornershop looking for a razzle because you think he missus may be planning to leave. Have a bit of ****ing self respect, FFS! :facepalm::lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So why do we need another CB with 2 already, especially at that kind of price probably £5m + granted it could just be press . I havent seen the other thread.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Just how many rumours do the collective press ever get right about our club? I honestly doubt if the club have any intention of selling the one player who will do more to ensure Premier League status than any other in our team. Simply put, sell Dunk, accept relegation will be a real probability, keep Dunk, we have a far better chance of prolonging our present position. It's taken th club a long time to get here, and cost TB a fortune literally, sell Dunk for £40 million ish, and prepare for next season in the Championship.

And Kone? Seriously? I would hope we would be looking for someone far better than him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here