Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray's goal [v Southampton]

Did you think Murray was going to score with that header?

• Yes - all day long

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • Probably

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Probably not

Votes: 58 51.8%
  • No chance

Votes: 32 28.6%

• Total voters

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Great finish from Murray and nice response to the Southampton fans who were calling him a 'S**t Rickie Lambert' in the first half. Isn't that just Rickie Lambert?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As soon as Gross got it with time and space I knew he'd find Murray... and the finish was as good as the cross.

I think Gross is probably the best crosser of the ball we've had since Darren Currie.
Half a sentence too long.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As soon as Gross got it with time and space I knew he'd find Murray... and the finish was as good as the cross.

I think Gross is probably the best crosser of the ball we've had since Darren Currie.

We sit in WSL level with the 6 yard box. It was like watching in slow motion...

‘Oooh, Gross is looking at Murray’
‘He’s going to aim for Murray’
‘Yep, here it comes’
‘Right back is all over the place, Murray’s got this’
‘Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh’

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I liked that the club Twitter feed described him as "powering it in". Which is almost North Korean levels of truth-bending for how it appeared. Placed, yes. Deft, true. "Powered"? Not for me.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Murray did everything he could do without the opportunity to get any power on the ball by directing it nicely into the corner. However, for me it was a bad goalkeeping error. Forster really should have kept it out quite comfortably.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
One of the best headed goals you could see, had the experience to get to the far post and isolate the full back and an inch perfect header.
Brilliant finish.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

The cross to Murray a few minutes later was even better great turn and cross almost the same as for March's goal v Plucky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here