Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrorists experimenting with chemical warfare being covered up?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ah is that the official line now? :)

If in doubt blame everything on Government cuts and ignore the nearly full employment we have.

Government cuts and increased charges will and do persuade people to get rid of things illegally.

And what has nearly full employment got to do with it, even though much of that full employment is in dodgy jobs, zero hours contracts, the gig economy and with record levels of Child Poverty.

And I live about 5 miles south of Winchester, so all this was just up the road for me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So it's been several hours since the road was opened and the police or anyone else is saying nothing. The BBC haven't updated their story for three hours. Odd.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm wearing a GAS mask to the AMEX tomorrow , just in CASE

gas.jpg

You might not be alone.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
So it's been several hours since the road was opened and the police or anyone else is saying nothing. The BBC haven't updated their story for three hours. Odd.

Got to agree it does seem like something is being hushed up. Normally the news channels are all over thes stories but very little from BBC or Sky today. two of these events on motorways in recent weeks and neither been fully explained. Strange?? Then add a mystery gas cloud on the Sussex coast. Hopefully if something suspicious is going on the security services are on to it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Except the stories you quote, the travel warnings handed out today and blanket coverage on social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of which make the headline about traffic!

Looks like a new tactic/threat from our terrorists to me and the BBC etc are not opening up about it. Despite days going by there is still no answer to what happened on the M1 and the M3 incident today is very sketchy. The little we have heard suggests whatever it was was located in one place, yet two junctions of a whole motorway were closed for 12 hours. I'd say that is pretty serious and no one is reporting anything other than just that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
All of which make the headline about traffic!

Looks like a new tactic/threat from our terrorists to me and the BBC etc are not opening up about it. Despite days going by there is still no answer to what happened on the M1 and the M3 incident today is very sketchy. The little we have heard suggests whatever it was was located in one place, yet two junctions of a whole motorway were closed for 12 hours. I'd say that is pretty serious and no one is reporting anything other than just that.

I would tend to agree. I'm not much of a one for conspiracy theories, but the lack of information seems odd.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
"Police say there is nothing to suggest a link between today's incident and a 'dirty bomb' containing hydrochloric acid that was left in the middle of the M1 last week."

Er, motorway, dangerous substance. Twice in ten days. Nope no link there. How stupid do they think we are.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Clues from next weeks road closures:

M3 junction 9 to 10 Winchester, Hampshire: bridge surveys
Surveys of the bridge that carries Alresford Road over the M3 will take place this week.

Lane closures will take place on the north and southbound carriage ways.

The overnight works will be between 9pm and 6am from September 25 for three nights.

Temporary traffic lights will be in place across Alresford Road over the bridge during the same time.

And

M3 junction 10 Winchester, Hampshire: resurfacing
The southbound entry slip road will be closed overnight between 10pm and 6am from Thursday 28 for two nights as resurfacing works take place.

Clear diversion signs will be in place via the Spitfire link joining the M3 Southbound at Junction 9.

M3 junction 11 Winchester, Hampshire: resurfacing
The northbound exit sliproad will be closed overnight between 8pm and 6am from Wednesday September 27 for four nights.

This disruption will only take place during weekday nnights.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
"Police say there is nothing to suggest a link between today's incident and a 'dirty bomb' containing hydrochloric acid that was left in the middle of the M1 last week."

Er, motorway, dangerous substance. Twice in ten days. Nope no link there. How stupid do they think we are.

I do agree we need to be concerned with our counter terrorism. As it's a stomach acid you'd think throwing a couple of gaviscon tabs would sort it or at least a spoonful of apple cider vinegar to lower the alkanity.

Last edited:

larus

Government cuts and increased charges will and do persuade people to get rid of things illegally.

And what has nearly full employment got to do with it, even though much of that full employment is in dodgy jobs, zero hours contracts, the gig economy and with record levels of Child Poverty.

And I live about 5 miles south of Winchester, so all this was just up the road for me.

Suggest you learn to deal in facts rather than emotion.

The facts are most of the new jobs created are full-time and not part-time/zero hours. But that won’t stop your usual bleating and whinging I bet.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

Can you not talk sense on here please

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Suggest you learn to deal in facts rather than emotion.

The facts are most of the new jobs created are full-time and not part-time/zero hours. But that won’t stop your usual bleating and whinging I bet.

The facts are that inflation is rising faster than wages therefore living standards are decreasing. Can you not learn these facts rather than mindlessly follow Tory rhetoric?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here