Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mariachi music

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love the sound of Mariachi but it is often a good part of really cheesy songs.

Knowing the wide variety of musical tastes on here, can you recommend some great songs or albums that feature plenty of mariachi

Calexico I know, other recommendations appreciated!!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Promise? :wink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thought I had a pretty wide knowledge of music, but had honestly never heard of Mariachi. Still not very clear about it now - is it just Spanish pop, or is it some particular style? Don't need too much detail, just a brief definition - having watched the links above, I can safely say Mariachi CDs won't be on my Christmas list anyway............................

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Thought I had a pretty wide knowledge of music, but had honestly never heard of Mariachi. Still not very clear about it now - is it just Spanish pop, or is it some particular style? Don't need too much detail, just a brief definition - having watched the links above, I can safely say Mariachi CDs won't be on my Christmas list anyway............................

For me it's the brass section of Mexican style music. Oh and ignore THPPs contribution there is no mariachi in any of his suggestions :lolol:

Last edited:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I love the sound of Mariachi but it is often a good part of really cheesy songs.

Knowing the wide variety of musical tastes on here, can you recommend some great songs or albums that feature plenty of mariachi

Calexico I know, other recommendations appreciated!!

You might like Beirut. Try this for size:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpN2XAg2bQs

Egon Spengler

Jul 5, 2011
Try Mariachi El Bronx. They're a side project of the hardcore band The Bronx. I've seen them a couple of times in Brighton and they're a lot of fun.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
OP - Just back from EPCOT 2 weeks ago. The Mexico Pavilion has a great Mariachi Band who play 5-6 times a day. Real classic Mariachi, Violins, Guitars, Horns, Band signing together in Spanish about love. It's really good stuff. Must be on YouTube somewhere.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Try Mariachi El Bronx. They're a side project of the hardcore band The Bronx. I've seen them a couple of times in Brighton and they're a lot of fun.

Dammit, you got there before me. I too saw them in Brighton and I understand the Mariachi version is now more successful than the original band. Strange but true.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Mariachi el Bronx are my favourite band at the moment, because Dawes are crap these days. Their last album is well worth having. Check out the video of '48 roses' on you tube. It's so reminiscent of a typical day in my life and times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here