Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton sacked!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, let's put the youth team coach in charge for the last, crucial five games of the season. Genius.

Norwich's season comes down to one match basically anyway. Beat Fulham and they should be okay, lose it and they're - very much like a turkey produced by one of the city's favourite sons Bernard Matthews - stuffed.

My man on clacker-watch at Carrow Road tells me they all threw the wretched things on the pitch in disgust on Saturday. I'm feeling that pain.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I must admit, I haven't studied the table for a while, but one thing that has just surprised me is that Fulham appear to be in with a chance of survival. I thought they'd been utter plop for months, with some sort of ridiculous managerial game of musical chairs going on, and yet, somehow, they seem to still be more less in touch. Five games to play, one against Norwich, and the last one at home to Palace- they're not going to scrape out of this, are they?

Another, altogether more astonishing Premier League fact. Palace have conceded fewer goals this season than Liverpool :ohmy:

Admittedly, they've only scored 23, which is by far the worst in the PL. But it's hard to believe the goals against column, especially when you consider how shit they were in the first few games. Not conceding many, not scoring many. Sounds vaguely familiar.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I must admit, I haven't studied the table for a while, but one thing that has just surprised me is that Fulham appear to be in with a chance of survival. I thought they'd been utter plop for months, with some sort of ridiculous managerial game of musical chairs going on, and yet, somehow, they seem to still be more less in touch. Five games to play, one against Norwich, and the last one at home to Palace- they're not going to scrape out of this, are they?

Another, altogether more astonishing Premier League fact. Palace have conceded fewer goals this season than Liverpool :ohmy:

Admittedly, they've only scored 23, which is by far the worst in the PL. But it's hard to believe the goals against column, especially when you consider how shit they were in the first few games. Not conceding many, not scoring many. Sounds vaguely familiar.

What are you saying that Oscar is the Spanish Pulis?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What are you saying that Oscar is the Spanish Pulis?

Not at all. Just (a) expressing my astonishment at that particular stat and (b) musing on how it's funny that one's expectations/relative position impact on whether one finds such statistics acceptable or not.

So, we concede few and score few and find it hard to watch because of where it leaves us. Palace do the same and are turning cartwheels because of where it leaves them.

Product of our relative positions I guess. Funny.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The idiocy of football club directors never fails to amuse me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Norwich vs Fulham on Saturday is the biggest relegation match of the Prem season so far, whoever loses is stuffed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If they wanted to sack Chris H it should have been done a month or two back, instead its been weeks of the chairman undermining the manager.

Football in this country just sinks lower and lower. I just hope to god Albion never behave like this...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So that's the full set, all 7 bottom Prem clubs have sacked their manager this season. How can they ALL be rubbish?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here