Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to be in a relegation battle

Are we going to be in a relegation battle?

• Total voters

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
The table after 10 games doesnt lie. No goal scorer equals relegation battle!

It certainly did lie the season Reading went up after a late run. And I'm sure there are plenty more examples.
Football's FAR too unpredictable to stake your money on the table after 10 games. Suspect a few bookies would welcome you with open arms :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The table after 10 games doesnt lie. No goal scorer equals relegation battle!

Weren't Bournemouth bottom half for a long time before climbing steadily in the second half of last season? Going further back, 'Boro lost goodness knows how many on the bounce and dropped like a stone in the PL.

Plenty of instances where the table does 'lie'.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
What I find worrying is thinking...who will we actually finish above? The only two teams we beat were dire and the've now sacked their managers. Even Blackpool beat Cardiff! Looking at the league I can see at least 15 other sides who definitely look like they'll finish above us given that they can actually grind out wins and we can't.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Encouragingly we've had the 2nd most shots in the whole league. Worryingly, we've got the lowest shot conversion rate.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What I find worrying is thinking...who will we actually finish above? The only two teams we beat were dire and the've now sacked their managers. Even Blackpool beat Cardiff! Looking at the league I can see at least 15 other sides who definitely look like they'll finish above us given that they can actually grind out wins and we can't.

Bolton, Blackpool, Rotherham, Birmingham and probably every other team currently in the bottom half.

It'd be worrying if the last 3 draws were nervy back to the wall affairs where we defended for 90 minutes and the keeper had a blinder. However they were anything but, and one of them was away at arguably the strongest side in the division right now.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Bolton, Blackpool, Rotherham, Birmingham and probably every other team currently in the bottom half.

It'd be worrying if the last 3 draws were nervy back to the wall affairs where we defended for 90 minutes and the keeper had a blinder. However they were anything but, and one of them was away at arguably the strongest side in the division right now.

Correct.

Even if weel loose today I am certain of a top half finish. Between 8th - 12th is my bold claim.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Yes we are. I said when Ulloa was sold we'd be fighting relegation and my mind hasn't changed. He's not been replaced and worse still is our keeper. He's going to cost us big time. He said he needed game time when he signed and how many more games does he need? 200? Massive cock up signing him and for over a £ million as well.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

Really? Bolton will get a good manager, they have got some good players and Beckford will score goals and finish above us. Blackpool have a plucky manager and a system that will mean they will get more points than us. This applies to Rotheram too. We could finish above Birmingham but that's about it. How people think creating lots of half chances with absolutely no-one up front to convert anything constitutes a top 10 finish is remarkable. SH does not have the know how, support or experience to turn this round. This season has all the ingredients of relegation (feels like the year Knight got Adams back in) and you can all call me a bed wetter now.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Ok, let's be having ya ( copyright Delia)

Who thinks we will be in a relegation battle? Seems that there are quite a few on NSC who are back to bedwetting only a month after TB's miracle cure.

Well?
I would say you can be in a relegation battle if you are not comfortably in the top half by January/February. If you are not scoring enough, the answer is obviously yes. I'd LUV IT if I'm wrong!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
At least we are now 4 points off the drop zone. 6 points should be the minimum return from the next 3 matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here