Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL Final FTA

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Broken collarbone is a very common injury for pro cyclists when they crash. Usual time before back on the bike, without complications, is about 3 weeks I think.

Many thanks to Bevendean Hillbilly for the medical info.

Fingers crossed, when fully diagnosed, it turns out not to be too bad and we get a glimpse at least of Salah at the World Cup.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
If he's snapped it mid shaft and displaced it then he'll be out for a month or so.

8575A616-2CC3-4E6A-8E1D-75D9E8DCB9B0.jpeg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
According to the BBC, some quotes by Cristiano Ronaldo on Spanish newspaper website Marca.

"Who was the top scorer once again?

"The Champions League should change and be called the CR7 Champions League."

"I have won five and I am the goalscorer again, so I cannot be sad."

He's nothing if not modest.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yea because Liverpool's model is much better, weren't they attempting to 'hoover' up our very own talent Ben White earlier in the season? Few converted bin dippers in here tonight, sickening.

2 tremendous results today.

The poster in question was supporting Madrid. There was no mention of Liverpool by either of us....so....

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Broken collarbone is a very common injury for pro cyclists when they crash. Usual time before back on the bike, without complications, is about 3 weeks I think.

Many thanks to Bevendean Hillbilly for the medical info.

Fingers crossed, when fully diagnosed, it turns out not to be too bad and we get a glimpse at least of Salah at the World Cup.

A cyclist can come back earlier than a footballer 3 weeks seems optimistic to me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Absolute nonsense.
You must have been really desperate for Liverpool to win. I can only assume you had a bet or have sympathies in that direction.

Strange comment ?, No bets but I support any British team in Europe. If you cannot see that Mo Salah was grabbed and twisted in to the ground in a deliberate act of spite you must have either had a bet on Real or sympathies in their direction. I would be interested to know your perception of the Ramos/ Salah incident if it had been visited upon you on Hove Lawns in a five a side ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
acrimoclaviular displacement I'd say. He couldn't raise his left arm and was pointing right at the distal end to the Physio. Having Sergio Ramos chuck you onto it whist holding your guard arm and then basically body checking you will do it.

That has to be one of the most cynical WWE moves ever seen in first class football. Ramos deserves that nazi eagle tattoo on his neck...guys a killer.

Oh poor little Mo, being bullied by that horrible Ramos.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The most arrogant club and set of fans in the country. Their sense of entitlement defies belief and turns many against them. Neutrals all over will have been willing on Madrid tonight.

Only neutrals that don't know that Real Madrid are the same amount of arrogant, only Spanish. I find it very strange that neutral English football fans can want the big six sides to lose against teams like Real and Bayern that are simply their European counterparts. I don't particularly care for any of them, but Franco's team, since given advantage over their opponents by tax breaks and the wealth of the Spanish Royal family would probably be bottom of the list.

Great goal though.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The most arrogant club and set of fans in the country. Their sense of entitlement defies belief and turns many against them. Neutrals all over will have been willing on Madrid tonight.

Wow. OK. I think well just have to agree to disagree. I think you're dead wrong. Liverpool fans I met when we played them (and lost heavily) were by far the most well informed and funny supporters I've com across in the Prem.

The City boys used to be quite humble but they've attracted the worst load of JCLs ever...pretty much all of the others, apart from Spurs on the train back to London, were tits.

I think Liverpool used to be ********s when they wee winning everything but they are a better lot now they've had their stuffing knocked out.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A cyclist can come back earlier than a footballer 3 weeks seems optimistic to me.

Yeah, I know that further damage is more likely playing football than riding a bike...unless your name is Geraint Thomas or you've ever ridden for Rabobank :lol:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Oh, I didn't realise they were all over Madrid, creating chance after chance and dominating possession. I thought I saw them putting all their men behind the ball for long periods.

The injury to Salah definitely changed the game. Prior to the injury Liverpool were on top and looked more likely to score.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh poor little Mo, being bullied by that horrible Ramos.

Don't get me wrong...I don't blame him. He wanted to win and he took out Liverpools talisman to do so. It was a very professional challenge, definitely no foul but if you were Salah you would be justifiably upset.

They're not my club and I've got no skin in the game but basically slamming Salah in that way ended Liverpools challenge and finished the attacking game they were playing. Madrid take no prisoners.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Number of fouls in the game:

Real Madrid 5
Liverpool 18

None committed by Sergio Ramos.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Don't get me wrong...I don't blame him. He wanted to win and he took out Liverpools talisman to do so. It was a very professional challenge, definitely no foul but if you were Salah you would be justifiably upset.

They're not my club and I've got no skin in the game but basically slamming Salah in that way ended Liverpools challenge and finished the attacking game they were playing. Madrid take no prisoners.

No Liverpool fan but Ramos deliberately pulled and twisted him to the ground, in order to injure him. I hope there's some karma coming his way at the WC.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

" Absolute nonsense.
You must have been really desperate for Liverpool to win. I can only assume you had a bet or have sympathies in that direction. " your quote, not mine. looks like you are the one with the agenda,

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No Liverpool fan but Ramos deliberately pulled and twisted him to the ground, in order to injure him. I hope there's some karma coming his way at the WC.

This, It was a cynical attempt to negate Real's biggest threat.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Match Stats

Possession:
Real Madrid 66% Liverpool 34%

Shots:
Real Madrid 14 Liverpool 13

Shots on target:
Real Madrid 5 Liverpool 2

Corners:
Real Madrid 9 Liverpool 5

Fouls:
Real Madrid 5 Liverpool 18

Injuries, mistakes and hypothetical 'what ifs' aside, it seems quite clear that the better team won on the night.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here