Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL Final FTA

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Has Rio Ferdinand got that right?, that a dislocated shoulder means Salah won't make the World Cup?

I thought a dislocation is something that, whilst very painful, is something that can be 'popped back in place' and be recovered from pretty quickly. Or does it depend on what's been dislocated?

Real shame for Salah to miss most of this game, and will be even sadder not to see such a great player at the World Cup.

It’s not as if Egypt were going to troubling the scorers with him though. It would be a bit like Wales without Bale and evidently Liverpool without Salah.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
From an NHS website:

You can stop wearing the sling after a few days, but it takes about 12 to 16 weeks to completely recover from a dislocated shoulder. You'll usually be able to resume most activities within two weeks, but should avoid heavy lifting and sports involving shoulder movements for between six weeks and three months.

:(

I don't think he dislocated it, looked to me like a clavicle fracture. You can play after a dislocation but not with a # clav. You can't breathe properly.

He'll recover quickly though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Liverpool lost it ....Two horrendous goalkeeping errors...Should have been 1-1.

My mistake, I saw a different match.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Expect some extra Ramadan prayers in this part of the world and North Africa to happen over the next 2-3 weeks.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
My money was on a # clavicle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

acrimoclaviular displacement I'd say. He couldn't raise his left arm and was pointing right at the distal end to the Physio. Having Sergio Ramos chuck you onto it whist holding your guard arm and then basically body checking you will do it.

That has to be one of the most cynical WWE moves ever seen in first class football. Ramos deserves that nazi eagle tattoo on his neck...guys a killer.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't think he dislocated it, looked to me like a clavicle fracture. You can play after a dislocation but not with a # clav. You can't breathe properly.

He'll recover quickly though.

So if a clavicle fracture, does that also mean missing the World Cup?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Good, no one other than Liverpool fans wants to see them win tonight.

That's a bold statement. I'm not a Liverpool Fan but I would say that they have played some outstanding Football this season. Far more easy to like than City or united. I wanted them to win because, well, Liverpool is a city in England whereas Madrid...isn't.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think Liverpool have been "Done " by a very clever Spanish team, Sergio Ramos's wrestling move put paid to Mo Salah's appearance and overall, Real always seemed to have an agenda of niggly fouls and appeals. The "Wonder " goal from Bale, which would normally never come off done for them. So, Real won the trophy but certainly not the moral victory.

Liverpool rode their luck to the final. Tonight, it ran out. Real were too strong, too streetwise and had too much class. They dominated possession, had the clearer chances and were worthy winners. Liverpool were beaten by the better side.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
It's worth mentioning again that this crew appear to be as queer as a bottle of crisps.

I'm struggling to see the connection between LFC and a bunch of Brighton LGBTs but the evidence of my eyes tells me there is one.

Definitely a whiff of lavender about that crew.

Its almost as if a large number of people get kicked out of their homes in other parts of the country for being LGBT and navigate to Brighton to be accepted.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just found out a clavicle fracture is fancy speak for broken collarbone :)

That's better news then :)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
So if a clavicle fracture, does that also mean missing the World Cup?

Depends. If its just the joint at the end nearest the shoulder (there's a little ligament holding a small piece of bone there called the acromium) then that can be easily repaired surgically and recovery time can be approx 2 weeks. If he's snapped it mid shaft and displaced it then he'll be out for a month or so.

It's not so much the actual injury it's the fact that any whack to the fracture can cause a lot of pain and loss of function. He'd be very fragile sand vulnerable...but he will want to play so its down to him and the Egyptian medics.

My money is on no.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Liverpool rode their luck to the final. Tonight, it ran out. Real were too strong, too streetwise and had too much class. They dominated possession, had the clearer chances and were worthy winners. Liverpool were beaten by the better side.

The side who took out their oppositions biggest threat quite cynically.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
That's a bold statement. I'm not a Liverpool Fan but I would say that they have played some outstanding Football this season. Far more easy to like than City or united. I wanted them to win because, well, Liverpool is a city in England whereas Madrid...isn't.

The most arrogant club and set of fans in the country. Their sense of entitlement defies belief and turns many against them. Neutrals all over will have been willing on Madrid tonight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Liverpool lost it ....Two horrendous goalkeeping errors...Should have been 1-1.

Oh, I didn't realise they were all over Madrid, creating chance after chance and dominating possession. I thought I saw them putting all their men behind the ball for long periods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here