Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When we go to the Etihad

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
it could be the game that sees Manchester City finally win the league, how would you feel about that and would you hang around to applaud them?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Long ball looks quite effective against them. Glenn or Leo up front with Locadia and Izquierdo playing off of him.

As for applauding, probably not, I tend to be quite blinkered when it comes to football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, why not? They (will have) won the league, so deserve applause. They haven't done anything particularly unpleasant to us in the past, have they?

Anyway, would you want our club to look as classless as Southampton at Withdean a few years ago?

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
As long as we are safe by that time then yes I'd be happy to applaud them as they are one of best footballing sides ever - would never applaud their fans though after the way they behaved at Wigan...

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
As long as we are safe by that time then yes I'd be happy to applaud them as they are one of best footballing sides ever - would never applaud their fans though after the way they behaved at Wigan...

Really? Dont all clubs (including us) have some idiots, your tarring their whole fan base with the same brush because of a few bellends ??

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To be fair, you've got to feel for the United fans as in all probability, they lose to City and present them with the trophy! Now that would be nice.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Man City represent EVERYTHING that is wrong in modern football. Sure, they play nice stuff but where is the heart and the honour or even achievement, in a team of assembled mercenaries simply winning as they've outspent everyone else in sight with oil money?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Man City represent EVERYTHING that is wrong in modern football. Sure, they play nice stuff but where is the heart and the honour or even achievement, in a team of assembled mercenaries simply winning as they've outspent everyone else in sight with oil money?
I think you mean:-

'only just outspending, Russian oil and gas money and American overdrafts'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, one could go on but they are perhaps the best example in England of what is wrong. PSG in France is a comparable foreign example.

Hmmm I don't want to get all Trigggaaar with you, but PSG are what you're actually complaining about, not City.

You can't single out City for representing everything that's wrong with modern football, when at the very least they were third to the party, and have 'bought' this title with pretty much the same amount of money as those teams before them.

PSG (to my knowledge) are the only team in France 'doing a Premier League', which seems pretty pointless as they were winning Ligue 1 and getting knocked out of the Champions League, early, without the cash.
That's gotta be pretty disheartening for everyone else.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hmmm I don't want to get all Trigggaaar with you, but PSG are what you're actually complaining about, not City.

You can't single out City for representing everything that's wrong with modern football, when at the very least they were third to the party, and have 'bought' this title with pretty much the same amount of money as those teams before them.

PSG (to my knowledge) are the only team in France 'doing a Premier League', which seems pretty pointless as they were winning Ligue 1 and getting knocked out of the Champions League, early, without the cash.
That's gotta be pretty disheartening for everyone else.
I am guilty of generalisation. I will admit that. Yes, there are other clubs in England that have sold their soul for a few shekels, and City are not alone in their 'guilt'.

PSG. Ha, is that even a big club?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
On the subject of the City v United game. Was it the reverse fixture where Jose got annoyed because Pep and his team celebrated a win? Interesting to see what Jose would do should he win at City.
And do the champions get the trophy at the next home game, likely to be us, or at the last home game?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here