Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dad to be help! To renew or not to renew.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Baby Drumstick arrived this morning. Tiny but both baby and mother are healthy. A feeling like none other.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
The best feeling ever! Nothing else matters now the little guy is here. Jackson is 6 weeks old today, crazy to think its gone so quickly.

shame the Infant range is better at Brighton, looking in the US last week the NFL/NBA stuff you can buy for a baby is crazy! everything you can think of in your teams colors!

It is hard work, very hard at times but so rewarding!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Congratulations to all fella, I gave up going full time as we both work full time and late most evenings so the weekends are important but now the little one is four I will be getting one for next season in time for the big push......

Cherish every moment fella.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Massive congratulations [MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION] - best thing ever. Soak up every moment (and take loads of pictures).

Baby MBH is now 9 weeks and has changed beyond all recognition over that time. Smiling loads, really alert, piling on weight (from a very small start) and more aware of what's happening around her. She even recognizes me and her Mum. Just incredible.

On topic I made Brentford but reckon my away trips are going to be VERY scarce this season.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Thanks for the kind words he can't wait to be a JCL when he is bigger. Tiny currently just 4lb 5oz!

Another tiny seagull in the making! Will get myself over to the family stand when he's big enough in a few years.

Thanks for the kind words he can't wait to be a JCL when he is bigger. Tiny currently just 4lb 5oz!

Another tiny seagull in the making! Will get myself over to the family stand when he's big enough in a few years.

Months, if not weeks Drumstick, its relatively stress free when they are very small and makes a great photo, its also a tale for them to tell for a lifetime

And at PTFC you can grab a pint in a nice warm clubhouse!

May be quite obvious from the title but my wife is Pregnant, she is due in August with our first child.

This is of course great news, although leaves me in a bit of a dilemma. Having never had a child before there is obvious costs involved meaning we are going to be spending more each week on nappies and other things then we would be now. There is also a lot of sleepless nights and I am sure steep learning curves after our new arrival. It sure is going to change things.

I am in a bit of a dilemma about my season ticket, do I renew or do I not and concentrate on the baby? It would be great to keep the cash put to one side as my wife is not going to be working for a full 12 months. The time I am away from home for the football weekends and midweeks may also be time best spent with my new family. Giving the mrs that well earned rest instead of going to a night game to watch a 0-0 or 1-0 on a damp Tuesday evening?

So, what do I do? Mrs is fine with it, she said go, although I am not sure I should? Are there any Dads out there that thought the same when their new arrival was born? What did you do when you had a newborn? Did you sacrifice much when you had your first child?

Good folk on NSC, its over to you.

HAVING GOT MADE REDUNDANT BY AMEX JUST AFTER MY FIRST BOY WAS BORN I DIDN'T HAVE YOUR WORRY.Spent loads of time with my boys just taken the eldest to Southampton uni today for his first day! they grow up quick don't miss it:thumbsup:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
May be quite obvious from the title but my wife is Pregnant, she is due in August with our first child.

This is of course great news, although leaves me in a bit of a dilemma. Having never had a child before there is obvious costs involved meaning we are going to be spending more each week on nappies and other things then we would be now. There is also a lot of sleepless nights and I am sure steep learning curves after our new arrival. It sure is going to change things.

I am in a bit of a dilemma about my season ticket, do I renew or do I not and concentrate on the baby? It would be great to keep the cash put to one side as my wife is not going to be working for a full 12 months. The time I am away from home for the football weekends and midweeks may also be time best spent with my new family. Giving the mrs that well earned rest instead of going to a night game to watch a 0-0 or 1-0 on a damp Tuesday evening?

So, what do I do? Mrs is fine with it, she said go, although I am not sure I should? Are there any Dads out there that thought the same when their new arrival was born? What did you do when you had a newborn? Did you sacrifice much when you had your first child?

Good folk on NSC, its over to you.
My missus is due 26th December ( little girl) very excited we both have season tickets we will not renew hers but keep mine going and share to see how it goes. It's our first child so we don't know how we will cope. If we can afford to keep one ticket we will if not the ticket will go. I am looking forward to putting her in the Albion baby grows!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

My missus is due 26th December ( little girl) very excited we both have season tickets we will not renew hers but keep mine going and share to see how it goes. It's our first child so we don't know how we will cope. If we can afford to keep one ticket we will if not the ticket will go. I am looking forward to putting her in the Albion baby grows!

He isn't even two days old yet but I've been soothing him back to sleep by gently singing GOSBTS. Works every time! So proud already when he is big enough he will be straight in this BHAFC outfits!

Best of luck.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
He isn't even two days old yet but I've been soothing him back to sleep by gently singing GOSBTS. Works every time! So proud already when he is big enough he will be straight in this BHAFC outfits!

Best of luck.

Congratulations! Good work with gosbts!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Massive congratulations [MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION] - best thing ever. Soak up every moment (and take loads of pictures).

Baby MBH is now 9 weeks and has changed beyond all recognition over that time. Smiling loads, really alert, piling on weight (from a very small start) and more aware of what's happening around her. She even recognizes me and her Mum. Just incredible.

On topic I made Brentford but reckon my away trips are going to be VERY scarce this season.

The changes during the first few months are crazy aren't they? Junior GFH is just over three months old now and has started to develop a real personality. He grins like nothing I've ever seen, especially in the mornings...not actually sure where he gets that from!

I gave up my season ticket last year in anticipation and so far I've not regretted it, much prefer spending a full day with my son after a slog of a week.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Congrats on the upcoming arrival...could be an interesting Christmas for you!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
He was given the baby full kit as a present yesterday and wow it is adorable!! Made me feel proud seeing him in his first kit! Socks and all!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
She has said she is fine with it so, as long as you don't financially kill yourself, do it.
I always find the best thing to do is giving Mum time off in the morning before a game as a sweetener.
Once you stop going regularly you might find the barriers appear when you start wishing to go regularly in years down the line.

Others here say that if you give it up, then it might be an issue later when you want a ST again,as she would be used to you not going - good advice, I think. I used to do my bit with junior, so that is was all fair ie have child in the morning before a match and take to swing park etc again on sunday morning, so that both parties get a well-earned rest. Much as you love your kid(s) it is important to have a break - the Albion would do it for you. Wonderful time for you -it was for me 40 years ago! - and very good wish.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
4 months in:

I've basically started going straight to matches as late as possible (I can leave Fishersgate after 2pm and still make kick off) and curtailing the extended post-match drinking sessions. In fact for most recent matches I've gone straight back home as well. Only fair cause I'm at work all week.

Also the baby doesn't seem to want to ****ing sleep at all at night. But she's still the best thing ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here