Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assuming you were born - what time did you get up 35 years ago today ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was living in Birkenhead (I was 14) and had developed some notoriety as the only Albion fan in the Merseyside school system. After we disposed of Liverpool at Anfield I'd been adored by the Everton contingent but given serious grief by the Red half of the class.

When we drew with United in the 1st final EVERYONE was my mate. I remember being lifted shoulder high on the Quad.

It was the time in my life when I felt massive pride in the Albion, I was also massively proud of my hometown...and I missed it terribly.

I was living on the other side of the Pennines, and had to,put up with jibes from colleagues during our cup run, which lessened after the Liverpool win, but increased just before the semi final at Highbury.
Of course, once it was known we were playing Man Utd, to a man (& woman) they were all on the side of the underdog.
I got up early, did a big breakfast for my ex and two children, telling them that was my lot for the day.. It had to be sandwiches and fish & chips for the rest of the day. I wasn't going to move from the tv.
My front room window had blue & white streamers, my scarf and a couple of rosettes. As I lived on a man road, there were occasional toots from passing motorists. My neighbours were warned there might be a lot of shouting, cheers or screams.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Met up at brighton station with about 20 mates, including Ivor Caplin and his brother,( Ivor had his hair dyed blue). Few were in fancy dress, batman was one, and we got the train to London and then on to Wembley. Had a bit of a issue with some Tottenham fans on the train to wembley, but that was it.

There was about 50 manu fans stood in our section and about 20 minutes after KO there was a big set to and most of them moved out the way down the front of the stand. Amazing how many mancs had tickets in our end.

Fantastic day and though all of the years, that was my best day out with brighton and I can't see it being rivalled. In those days it really was the premier club cup in the world and we didn't disgrace ourselves, although if you do watch it back, Utd were the better side and Grealish in particular was in his " kick the feckers hard" mood. Poor ray Wilkins was assaulted a few times.

Still think that white side' assault on Ramsey was a telling part of the game and itnsickened me last week all the " poor Norman had to retire early" shite that was written. I still think he cost us the final.

Great day though

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably about 0900. I was living in Wood Green and I had a quick pint in the pub near the tube and headed off to Wembley about 12.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
No idea of the time, but it was earlyish. I had foolishly agreed to partake in a sponsored Beer Barrel push from Hull to Driffield in aid of a charity the landlord of our local supported. The pub was one very popular with us RAF Types and at the time of agreeing , didn't even consider for a moment that Brighton would be in the final. The landlord was very clear that he would be most unimpressed if I wheedled out of it, to the extent that his fabled lock ins (pubs closed after lunch and at 10.30pm those days) would be at risk to me. Being a bit of a fresh faced youngster I allowed myself to be bullied into missing the final, by the time we got back, the final whistle had just gone and I had missed it. I have always regretted that, and thought that I would never again be (even from afar) involved in something so momentous- fast forward to the Wigan game at home last year and I finally got a taste of what it must have felt like to be there

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Sometime between 7 and 8am.
Caught train from Hove at around 11am.
Soaked before kick off.
Happy at Half Time.
Happy at Full Time.
Happy / anguished at end of Extra Time.
Watched game again when I got home (videoed the lot).

Nice day. Must do it again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like you Doc, except for me, it was EDT in Toronto. We probably watched the same feed which meant the 'natural time' for ads was when there was a corner or throw in. I think they 'get it' now...

Great to see you in Liverpool.

Those were (not) the days.....

Yes, great to see you and 'Mrs Bwian', and I hope to see more of you next season. Take it easy, have a great summer, and (sssh!) enjoy the game on Saturday (I will be hosting my mate 'Bob the (now retired) social worker' as he doesn't have BT)....:cheers::wave:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
honestly don't don't know... got a coach from Brighton and got soaked waiting to get in Wembly as it p*ssed down.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Probably woke up at 7ish had sugar puffs, watched Tarzan then waited for the coverage to start at home in shitty Wigan, wishing we still lived down south......

Got beat up at school on Monday, by Manchester United fans and as they left me on the floor their parting words were “if you beat us on Wednesday your dead, you southern poof”

Aaaah you gotta love the friendly north....

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Remember going to the Bag O Nails to see some southern United fans we knew, they acted like total prats in front of their cockney red mates. After the game we were in Shakespeare's and one in particular came in giving it large again. Had a quiet word with him the last words. Never spoke to him since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Brighton station was rammed early, train north then we headed to the Victoria Tavern for opening time... then a very late dash to Wembley... very well oiled.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here