Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Solo: A Star Wars Story - Trailer

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's this kind of bilge that makes me fear for what Disney are going to do to the Indiana Jones franchise. Although to be fair Spielberg and Lucas absolutely trashed the series with that last travesty.
I dunno, they're only films but we're such a huge part of my youth. I was brought up on Indy and Han Solo and they're whoring them for the Disney Dollar.
I still think Harrison Ford looks like he's in some kind of SNL sketch in The Force Awakens, in some kind of spoof. The film had its moments but in all honesty they only decent thing they have done with the rebooted franchise has been R1, which was just a great film.
I haven't even bothered with the las Jedi, from what I've heard it's awful.
I hated the prequals. But I loved The force awakens and only watched the last Jedi on Sunday afternoon. That with Albion beating West Ham on Saturday, made a perfect weekend.

I was ten when A new hope came out. To me, at that age, it was a perfect film. Now i can see its flaws but even so i still love it. I think if you watch the newer ones with that kind of spirit in mind, then it's easier to enjoy and even appreciate the reboot for what it is.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hated the prequals. But I loved The force awakens and only watched the last Jedi on Sunday afternoon. That with Albion beating West Ham on Saturday, made a perfect weekend.

I was ten when A new hope came out. To me, at that age, it was a perfect film. Now i can see its flaws but even so i still love it. I think if you watch the newer ones with that kind of spirit in mind, then it's easier to enjoy and even appreciate the reboot for what it is.

You're likely right. I do think the reboot has a great look and feels much more like the Star Wars universe than theprequels but I just feel they are a bit lazy.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If it's similar in style to Rogue One then it will be a great film. I'm a huge Star Wars fan anyway so I'll enjoy it regardless.

Rogue One fitted in with the sw storyline which is the main reason it worked. Solo doesn’t really. Doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t be entertaining though

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Looks good to me, has the feel of 'Rogue One' to it, only real worry for me is the character of Han himself, hopefully a bit more depth than just a few wisecracks.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

I'd agree with this generally ('Rogue One' is my favourite film of the franchise in fact,) but 'The Last Jedi' was just a massive disappointment along the same line as 'The Phantom Menace'. It just feels like a Muppet production of Star Wars that somebody forgot to put the puppets in and I can see why Mark Hamill was talking it down a bit as Luke is just completely out of character all the way through. It's not that it's overall a terrible film much more that it's just such a huge let-down imo.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Rogue One was a breath of fresh air because there was a genuine story arc, a beginning, middle and end. Many films these days seem to spend a majority of the time angling for spin-offs in case that character is a hit with the audience. Given the ending this wasn't as plausible.

The film you end up paying for and spending at least 2 hours watching often feels like a test-screening to see which storyline or character might get their own film. There's very little "you will only see these characters here and many will die so no chance of a sequel" films. Possibly because of the inherent fear of missing out on a franchise run.

I got the sense that Rogue One wasn't subject to this as much. They were free to make a film and tell a complete story.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Solo has undergone re-filming and has been written of by Disney. There is already a trailer for Kenobi out and thats not due out till next year. I am hearing from fan groups that the actor playing solo is seriously miscast.

Got Trainwreck written over it

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rogue One was a breath of fresh air because there was a genuine story arc, a beginning, middle and end. Many films these days seem to spend a majority of the time angling for spin-offs in case that character is a hit with the audience. Given the ending this wasn't as plausible.

The film you end up paying for and spending at least 2 hours watching often feels like a test-screening to see which storyline or character might get their own film. There's very little "you will only see these characters here and many will die so no chance of a sequel" films. Possibly because of the inherent fear of missing out on a franchise run.

I got the sense that Rogue One wasn't subject to this as much. They were free to make a film and tell a complete story.

I guess these 'stories' have a definitive ending because they feed into what we already know happens next. I assume this film will end with Solo walking into the Catina bar, or flying to Tatooine, much like Rogue One ended with Leia being pursued by a Star Destroyer, and no doubt Kenobi will end with him perhaps stood from afar looking over a young Luke purchasing droids in the distance...or something...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Solo has undergone re-filming and has been written of by Disney. There is already a trailer for Kenobi out and thats not due out till next year. I am hearing from fan groups that the actor playing solo is seriously miscast.

Got Trainwreck written over it

They re-shot quite a bit of Rogue One late doors, for instance the Vader scene was a reshoot not originally scripted into the film. Fairly standard for this big blockbusters these days as the execs don't get a proper feel for the film until all the special effects are added and editing treatments.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They re-shot quite a bit of Rogue One late doors, for instance the Vader scene was a reshoot not originally scripted into the film. Fairly standard for this big blockbusters these days as the execs don't get a proper feel for the film until all the special effects are added and editing treatments.

Maybe, Ill wait for fan reviews before risking seeing it.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
There is already a trailer for Kenobi out and thats not due out till next year.

Not true my man, there's been no official confirmation of this as of yet. Any trailer you may have seen would have been fan made.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here