Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Think My Wife Is Going To Divorce Me

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
This looks so familiar but on top of that I have forgotten to tell my mrs that I also have a golf society on Saturday. Think a good solicitor may be needed :). And yes we are still talking to (well for now)

I'm playing golf Saturday as well and going to Derby on Sunday, I have said I won't be going out for beers on Saturday night, which I think is very reasonable of me.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
IF (big IF) then I plan on sending my wife and kids to my Dad's in the New Forest on the Saturday, then meeting them after Wembley. Not set in stone yet obviously, don't want to jinx anything!

I think we'll all muddle through, somehow. Some of us more muddled than others. Things may turn out to be very simple anyway...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm getting married on May 24. May 24 is championship play off final day.

That's OK, I'm sure your guests won't mind having Derby v QPR on screens in the background. Probably want to raise it with the vicar first though.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm getting married on May 24. May 24 is championship play off final day.

I understand there is a real trend to get married at 9pm.

If we won at Wembley, your speech would write itself. 'Happiest day of my life....'

Good luck with the next few weeks DJ.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
[MENTION=2437]Dale Jasper[/MENTION]

I understand there is a real trend to get married at 9pm.

If we won at Wembley, your speech would write itself. 'Happiest day of my life....'

Good luck with the next few weeks DJ.

I heard this too. Its a proper thing. You can show her this thread as proof.

You'd never forget the date of your anniversary - the day we made the premier league!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
[MENTION=2437]Dale Jasper[/MENTION]

I heard this too. Its a proper thing. You can show her this thread as proof.

You'd never forget the date of your anniversary - the day we made the premier league!

Kick off is at 3pm….and my wedding? That'll also be starting at 3pm.
If we skip verses two and three of All Things Bright And Beautiful I should be able to watch the second half

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
deep down a woman likes a man with passions and interests.

if you get nagged, tell her to find a hobby or interest.........like divorce law for example ;-)

Not if it involves anal in my experience.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Just saying but... is she really worth it?

As she's an Albion fan too I could just easily be jilted than jilt.
Wonder if it's ever happened that neither bride nor groom turn up?

Last edited:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
As she's an Albion fan too I could just easily be jilted than jilt.
Wonder if it's ever happened that neither bride nor groom turn up?

I got hitched without guests! Didn't tell anyone, we just got a cancellation slot at Town Hall and did it very quick and quiet. Had to explain to parents the next day that the reason we were going away and they were looking after little one was that we'd got married the day before!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I got the "look" on sunday afternoon that said "you'd better lose this week"!!!

Really not looking forward to the "wembley" conversation!

I've got Thursday covered at least. Still, re the final, it's another item to put in the "Reasons why I won't be killing myself if we don't get through to the play-off final" column. Not a very good one, admittedly, but it WILL add to your convenience and lack of conflict, at the expense of almost unbridled joy.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just make sure your solicitor is an Albion fan :thumbsup:

Mine is!!

But really some of you lot do need a reality check. Getting married, both Albion supporters, on Final day, shocking. Booking holidays on Final day, shocking. Partner's birthday blah blah. Hopefully she'll have another one.

If, IF we make it any true support would just cancel anything that clashed with the day and do their duty.Christ and Allah on a tandem.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Having got back from Nottingham at 8.30 on Saturday, my bank holiday has consisted of :

1. Watching the recording of the last 5 minutes of the Forest game (on a loop), the Football League Show, snippets of Sky Sports News (Albion related) and lately, Late Kick-Off (BBC South edition).

2. Texting all Albion friends about said game, play-off tickets and travel arrangements.

3. Going on t'internet for HOURS to sort out home and away tickets for Derby. Going on t'internet for HOURS to find out best train deals to get to Derby.

4. Going on t'internet for even more HOURS to lap up everything about that incredible day, and also to have a laugh at Reading!

5. Going into garden and spending MINUTES looking at the weeds.

Oh happy, happy days!! P.S. We're still talking.

You should have taken her a present of the bottle of half-drunk red wine that you left on the train at St. Pancras. That would have cheered her right up.

ps I've been doing all of those things too... but my wife has been doing them with me. Happy days indeed.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Not if it involves anal in my experience.

Lots of people say that but my girlfriend is quite happy with that particular scenario. She wasn't at first but when I pointed out that she would be happy with it "if she really loved me" she seemed to see sense.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I got hitched without guests! Didn't tell anyone, we just got a cancellation slot at Town Hall and did it very quick and quiet. Had to explain to parents the next day that the reason we were going away and they were looking after little one was that we'd got married the day before!

Genuinely curious as to how they reacted?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
To be honest I hate the suspense of the play offs and not knowing whether we will be there for the semis and now the final. It completely disrupts peoples plans. My girlfriend is supposed to go to her mothers on 24th and if we do get through I'm now going to have to tell her she can't go. Instead she'll have to stay at home. I always go with her to her mothers. Always.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here