Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I disagree with your basic premise but I'm not going to descend to your level to make my case. Have a lovely evening.

You have no case to make, nothing to do with descending to a level, thats a feeble cop out you simply are incapable of proving your stance because it is a lie,

You really are a horrible bunch, people like you convinced yourself a long time ago that most people arguing against The EU was nothing more than a cover for having a deep inward distrust of foreigners. A rather childish standpoint.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...sists-home-office-will-able-cope-millions-eu/

A comment on the article, which echoes what I've heard elsewhere from someone I know who worked in The Home Office -

gerry westerby 27 Jun 2017 9:45PM
Well, I was an immigration officer in the Home Office for over 25 years and am now retired, thank God, but I can tell you all for a fact, Theresa May is lying. There is no way on the planet that May can devise a meaningful system for processing 3 million applications within the envisaged timeframe. It's madness to even think it is possible. They will need the legislation first, the system architecture will have to be farmed out to the industry following the commissioning of consultant reports etc.,, the process itself still requires negotiated agreement intra EU, once agreed it will then need to be tendered out for implementation, contracts approved and signed off, and then it will need to be trialled in pilot schemes before a national rollout. The process is not even that simple in that the system will have to be able to cater for a matrix that encompasses the complexity of at least 10 permutations of qualifying categories within existing EU regulations. Also, it will have to include a hard copy scrutiny of original identity documents and the capture of biometric data through the existing system of 200 Post Offices - for 3 million applicants, in addition to the existing HO workload, it would take 10 years to complete the task.

It really is a nonsense. Look, it took 5 years and millions of £ simply to conclude that the identity card system for Brits was just too damn difficult and expensive to implement before it was finally abandoned. The Home Office has a dismal record for implementing capital projects in its immigration and nationality directorate and this current madness promises to be a fiasco of all fiascos.

Madness, utter madness. May needs to get this crazy thing working before April 2019 because after that date any EU citizen seeking admission is to be treated as subject to control under the Immigration Act 1971. Returning EU residents will need to produce evidence of their status, all 3 million of them.....They're out of their minds to think this is going to fly.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is your mistake time after time after time, The Gov is pursuing the form of Brexit that was voted for, OUT of being members of the single market, OUT of the customs union so we can pursue other trade avenues, OUT of The ECJ and END free movement, the gov is NOT pursuing a form of Brexit that it has invented itself, but i understand why you continually push this as some sort of truth. Its because you hard core remainers are lying weasels who will twist everything into a falsehood if you think there is a chance of overturning the democratic victory.
We can all see through your lies, its just funny you are all too dim to realise that you have been clocked.

Dan Hannan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
eu-%C2%A3250-miillion.png

As we know less EU is never an option so other member states will have to pick up the tab to fund the project... maybe a new EU-wide tax could be on the cards [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] they're coming for you.

I'm sure the rich Germans with their strong economy can spread their benevolence beyond Greece.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I've answered it many times as you know but as your position is as previously described I can't be bothered anymore.

I was asking whether you also regard politicians foisting another general election on the public if they didn't like the result of the last one as the work of 'undemocratic loons'. No need to answer it again - just refer me to one of the many times you've answered it before.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You have no case to make, nothing to do with descending to a level, thats a feeble cop out you simply are incapable of proving your stance because it is a lie,

You really are a horrible bunch, people like you convinced yourself a long time ago that most people arguing against The EU was nothing more than a cover for having a deep inward distrust of foreigners. A rather childish standpoint.

As you clearly despise people who disagree with you, parcelling up their views in a way that suits your stereotyped group-thinking, accusing them of lying, telling them what they think even if you haven't a clue and chucking in rafts of reception class insults, there is really no point in trying to have a reasoned conversation with you.

Moronic hypocrite.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He was advocating The Swiss option a couple of weeks back and explained it's merits to Sun readers - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/37854...-get-trade-on-a-roll-with-a-swiss-style-deal/

I think some of the leavers on here may explode if we end up with that sort of deal. They might even start asking for a second referendum.
Hannan sells it quite well, but omits the facts about their financial services and freedom of movement situation. Nice to see the Sun softening on Brexit by running that though.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The way the 48% are just ignored is one of the most bizarre things of our time

Just hope there it doesn't up end up in a remain brain drain, its no secret which group provides more of the tax take.

There's been an EU one taking shape for a while. I had this sent to me earlier by a Latvian friend living here who said it totally summed up her sentiments to the 'offer' this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/29/brexodus-eu-nationals-citizenship-uk-brexit

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I believe there was a very lukewarm reaction from the EFTA states at the prospect of us re-joining it.

Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy,as well?How about just a tiny smidgen of back-up for your belief?:lol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here