Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could people who want to whine about our best season in 20 years post in this thread ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Strangely, I don't remember feeling anything like as disappointed at finishing second back then as I feel today.

relief though maybe? Despite the let down,i am relived-both promotions have much in common really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
relief though maybe? Despite the let down,i am relived-both promotions have much in common really.
Dunno - it's difficult to remember exactly what I was feeling nearly 40 years ago! I just remember that I wasn't that gutted about finishing second - anyway it was just Division Two back then, not THE Football League Championship trophy!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We should cancel the seafront open bus parade. The players won't want to do it, will anyone turn up?

It's early evening so no excuse,be a decent turnout hopefully and a night out in Brighton afterwards,if the weather is good is party time..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone not shattered on missing out on the title and cementing a special moment in our history is an insipid **** that's more in love with the PL than our beloved Brighton and Hove Albion

Damned fine words and well said. The players themselves were shattered. We should be too. Christ, what is wrong with people. This is a danny baker like moment, pity anyone who is just shrugging their shoulders and saying 'ow well', 'we still won promotion' as "...those poor poor half alive *******s"!

It matters today and I'm gutted as much for the players as anything. They're really really disappointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here