Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Done a little research:
1) Twitter - He's 'had a little strain' this week. Talked about being on the last year of his contract.
2) Mail interview last year - he seemed a little peeved that Fulham didn't give him the chance to be no.1.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Judging by Hagenland's(sp) recent comments regarding Fulham's current boss and his negative impact on their dressing room, Stockdale may well be interested in a move away from Craven Cottage.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Good keeper but I doubt there's anything in it, How would the Sun newspaper know who we are going to bid for and how much considering all our dealings are kept very secret?
Probably the same way the story about Sammy Lee not joining us broke in the Sun. Might be a shit newspaper, but as far as football goes, they seem to get a lot right.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Couple of recent posts from the thread...

Spoke to him and the game, and it sounds like he's going. He said something along the lines of if the club want to sell him he doesn't have a choice. Sounds like we've accepted a bid

Yep I heard someone ask him if he will stay and he said 'it's not up to me' and someone else asked him if he will be Fulham's no1 this season and he replied 'don't know'.
Doesn't sound good especially as the two keepers that played today didn't inspire me with confidence.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I didn't think Stockdale would be a realistic target but it's sounding quite hopeful from the posts on the Fulham board.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Crawley had a trialist in the Fulham game named Bobson Bawling, according to the Argus.

Magnificent name.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He would have signed a contract if he had been offered one. They loved it down here

You know that how exactly?

If he'd wanted to he would have made it clear that's what he wanted and would have started negotiations with the club long before his contract ran out.

He did not look happy for the last few months and his form reflected his mood.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
1m for a keeper of Stockdales quality and age would be a bargain. I'm more than happy for us to be spending money in that position. The spine of the side is vital to our success. With the players that have gone this summer I think spending money on a keeper, centre back, central midfielder and striker is minimum we should be doing.

Simple and spot-on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You know that how exactly?

If he'd wanted to he would have made it clear that's what he wanted and would have started negotiations with the club long before his contract ran out.

He did not look happy for the last few months and his form reflected his mood.

I think Tim knows TK to speak to, so I'm assuming it's come from some sort of personal conversation. That said, what TK tells people and what he privately thinks aren't necessarily the same thing.

And Bwian: the Albion have said on many occasions, they don't tend to do contract negotiations mid season (unless it's an early-Bridcutt sort of scenario where a gem has been discovered and needs to be tied down, pronto). So I doubt TK would have started negotiating ages ago, simply because it's not how the club seem to work.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh and re Stockdale: I'd love him to come but I can't help feeling a million quid won't get him anywhere near here, so it depends how much the Albion value his services, if they are indeed interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here