Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malaysian airline crash

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What do you mean?

He was calling for a ceasefire on June 30th. Ukraine said no.

Putin the used the last ceasefire to rearm his russian 'tourists'. The sooner the scumbag stops warmongering, the sooner this will all be resolved.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Putin the used the last ceasefire to rearm his russian 'tourists'. The sooner the scumbag stops warmongering, the sooner this will all be resolved.

Can you quote me some warmongering Putin please?

I doubt you speak Russian, and I doubt you've heard him speak much English either.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes will do, it'll be tomorrow evening though when I'm on a PC rather than a phone.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

I doubt you speak Russian, and I doubt you've heard him speak much English either.

You don't think marching into Crimea taking it by force, planting a flag in the ground and calling it Russian is warmongering? It's still actually Ukrainian soil you know! Then arming 'rebels' to take over areas of Eastern Ukraine by force and again planting the Russian flag is not warmongering, maybe it's just invading and conquering

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You don't think marching into Crimea taking it by force, planting a flag in the ground and calling it Russian is warmongering? It's still actually Ukrainian soil you know! Then arming 'rebels' to take over areas of Eastern Ukraine by force and again planting the Russian flag is not warmongering, maybe it's just invading and conquering

You missed out some parts of the story there.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Which bits?

Well you forgot to mention the unconstitutional Coup in Ukraine, or the fact that the majority in Crimea are ethnic Russians who were opposed to the newly installed regime in Kiev.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

When he speaks Russian, and our news translates it, then we know the translations are correct because plenty of people in the UK who speak Russian would be going crazy if it wasn't.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
And what bit of that makes it ok for Putin to take his troops across the border and declare parts of Ukraine now Russian?

I think they would call it a "humanitarian intervention". I'm not defending it. But you misrepresent it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
When he speaks Russian, and our news translates it, then we know the translations are correct because plenty of people in the UK who speak Russian would be going crazy if it wasn't.

So tell me something you heard translated from him, that makes him a warmonger.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I think they would call it a "humanitarian intervention". I'm not defending it. But you misrepresent it.

You have to be kidding, Russia invaded Ukraine and took Crimea for it's own and it was a 'humanitarian intervention'. Russia armed rebels with SAM's and it was a 'humanitarian intervention'.
How do you think Putin would react if Ukraine invited onto it's own land a large Nato or EU military force to secure the crash site and the evidence?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
All is like Simmo Says just talk and yes options are limited but instead of trade cut backs why not instead of withdrawing dipolmatic passports why not refuse entry to people like Abramovich into ''western'' europe ? European countries to ''Blackout'' Russian teams in Champs Lge ? Uefa to threaten to pull out of World Cup 2018(lets face it air safety is a good enough reason) more simple matters that hit common Russians as opposed to Putin.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So tell me something you heard translated from him, that makes him a warmonger.
I never said I heard that, I was simply explaining that if someone did claim to hear it, they wouldn't need to speak Russian.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
All airlines must have had the same information, the way the system works is by sharing that information. So setting aside what happened yesterday, why on Thursday did BA and the American carriers avoid the area and why did Malaysian Airlines and others think it was safe?
Ask the question 24 hours before the incident yesterday.

Interesting post ? If correct what did American airlines and BA know that made them change route ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How do you think Putin would react if Ukraine invited onto it's own land a large Nato or EU military force to secure the crash site and the evidence?
Good point, perhaps they should, especially given Putin's recent remarks that this tragedy happened on Ukraine territory.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You have to be kidding, Russia invaded Ukraine and took Crimea for it's own and it was a 'humanitarian intervention'. Russia armed rebels with SAM's and it was a 'humanitarian intervention'.

The aim was to defend Ethnic Russians who wanted to resist the takeover of their country by an illegitimate government installed by force, unlawfully. These people identify more with Russia than they do with Europe, with whom the new regime has close ties. Arguably also, for geo-strategic reasons, the Russians did not want that piece of land to be under the control of what they perceived to be a hostile force (the EU).

Again, I am not defending them doing it, but you don't seem to know much about it if you want to just characterize it as an invasion and land grab.

Also, reading your post, I assume you feel the same way about our invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan? I mean, Putin did what Bush/Blair did in terms of invasion of a sovereign country. I assume you would put Blair and Putin together?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here