Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Good luck Chris Captureddd.JPG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fantastic appointment. Great Championship experience, just what we need.

Well done Tony, best of luck to Chris.

cyberleech

May 21, 2013
I couldn't give a shit if he plays boring football, we can't have it both ways. Just get us clear of that bloody relegation zone and most importantly get some stability back at this club, because the last 4 months of football have been miserable.
Push on and let's get back in that top half again so that it matches the ambition of our stadium and training ground. Last thing I want to be seeing is the fixture list printed for League 1 with our name on it, and then losing 7-8 thousand season ticket holders.

Well said! My sentiments entirely. we need another 30+ points and only 22 games left. Which is 10 wins, or 5wins & 15 draws etc.... Drives me mad to hear non-positive comments about this guy, who were we expecting? Guardiola ?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Excellent appointment...did his time at Norwich overlap with Crofts/E. Bennett?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Based on his championship stats, we should be finishing the season on 66 points. Not bad.
May I recommend that you adjust your expectations, or you may be a little disappointed. Our squad is a bit behind the Newcastle and Birmingham teams you refer to.

Excellent appointment...did his time at Norwich overlap with Crofts/E. Bennett?
Yes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant appointment. Exactly what we need - experience of successfully managing in the Championship, and above. Also experience of youth development. Well done Tony et al. Welcome Chris.

Nathan has won me over and, IMHO, now deserves his place in the Albion's first team management team. Happy to eat humble pie on that one.

Now we haved sacked the failure Burke and have a real manager in place, I also very much look forward to seeing who we bring in in the Jan window.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
He's got experience and a great track record, wasn't that what everyone was asking for? Im confident we will stay well clear of relegation now.

Did SSN say he's on a 3 and half year deal? Tony must have faith to sign him for that long.

My only disappointment is that Burke seems to have been replaced , I was hoping we were doing away of this player recruitment role entirely

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Excellent choice. Hughton is pleased for the opportunity, whereas Pulis or someone of similar current status would have been frustrated by a Championship club budget. Add Hughton's track record as a coach of younger age levels. Looks promising.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
Good luck Chris and welcome, I think you have a massive job on your hands and I wish you well!

I don't give a toss what you have done or achieved before, its what you do from now on in is all that matters to me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He's got experience and a great track record, wasn't that what everyone was asking for? Im confident we will stay well clear of relegation now.

Did SSN say he's on a 3 and half year deal? Tony must have faith to sign him for that long.

My only disappointment is that Burke seems to have been replaced , I was hoping we were doing away of this player recruitment role entirely

Has he? News to me. Are you referring to our new chief scout - Paul Winstanley. If so, he is not a replacement (Burke's brief was far wider). PW's brief is to support Hughton in player recruitment, not to take the lead on it.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
He is respected by a lot of people in the game, and there is no shortage of them coming forward to congratulate him. Let's hope he can attract some decent players now and in the future

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
Glad to have chrissy houghton as our manager will get that attacking football back at the amex...2 up top hopefully...lets get behind him for his 1st home game in charge on 17th jan...

Chrissy Houghton's blue and white army

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He can't be anymore boring than Garcia or periods under Poyet come to that. What a world of myth some of our fans live in. Hughton is a great appointment Hughton is. I don't recall the Geordie's saying he was boring or the Brummies come to that and where were they??????...oh yeah the Championship, that's right!!!!! Best appointment we could have possibly made under the circumstances.
Yep that's about the size of it as basically 90% of our time in the championship has been based around boring negative football and poyet's first season in the championship really was boring with very very goals.Just goes to show how bloody well Oscar did here with so many injuries even though the football was dire.

Hughton im sure will be a good solid manager and hopefully he may have changed his philosophy and may be a tad more attack minded who knows.

Im pleased and delighted he's got his back room staff with him:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here