Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Pietersen

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
First and foremost, KP is quite clearly a weapons-grade pillock. But all this vague guff from Strauss about not being able to “trust” him...trust him with what exactly ? I very much agree with [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] - Strauss saying “I don’t trust him” basically reads as “I don’t like him”. Fine, but that’s hardly a basis for sound decision-making on selection, he should at least be honest about it. If it really was about trust, then why would Strauss trust him advising the ODI team ? It’s a nonsense.

As for looking long-term to the future, which is apparently all looking very exciting, that just smacks as an excuse for the (probable) imminent failures lined up in the summer. It’s always “jam tomorrow”. Australia, quite rightly, aren’t looking any further ahead than this summer, so while we’re happily ruling out our most dangerous batsman and staring wistfully into this utopian future we have in store, we can rest assured that the Aussies will just pick all their best players to ensure they give themselves the best possible chance of giving us a bloody good hiding this summer. Professionalism should always supercede personality clashes, its what they’re paid for. Except in England apparently.

Blimey, I think I’ve turned into Piers Morgan. Uggh.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As far as I can see, this is all caused by Colin Graves shooting his mouth off.

Pietersen was told he would not be picked after the last Ashes and rather than trying to prove people wrong by scoring runs in County Cricket, he plays a bit of one day stuff around the world, rights a book slagging everyone off and gets the O2 Waster that is Piers Morgan to tubthump his cause. So at this stage there is no real call for poor Kevin to come back into the side.

Now during the Windies tour, Graves portraying all the typical Yorkshire characteristics, says there might be a way back, even though he is not in the job yet. Cue Pietersen getting out of his greatly reduced IPL contract, showing what a philander he is by giving his Surrey wage to charity and playing County Cricket. Now he has got the runs (granted against some students and Leicestershire team that has not won a red ball game in 2 years) and the whole thing comes to a head, again.

So maybe Strauss is already having to clear somebody else's mess up, but is looking the bad guy in all this.

Absolutely this. Perhaps Graves should be the next one in Strauss' sites!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
First and foremost, KP is quite clearly a weapons-grade pillock. But all this vague guff from Strauss about not being able to “trust” him...trust him with what exactly ? I very much agree with [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] - Strauss saying “I don’t trust him” basically reads as “I don’t like him”. Fine, but that’s hardly a basis for sound decision-making on selection, he should at least be honest about it. If it really was about trust, then why would Strauss trust him advising the ODI team ? It’s a nonsense.

As for looking long-term to the future, which is apparently all looking very exciting, that just smacks as an excuse for the (probable) imminent failures lined up in the summer. It’s always “jam tomorrow”. Australia, quite rightly, aren’t looking any further ahead than this summer, so while we’re happily ruling out our most dangerous batsman and staring wistfully into this utopian future we have in store, we can rest assured that the Aussies will just pick all their best players to ensure they give themselves the best possible chance of giving us a bloody good hiding this summer. Professionalism should always supercede personality clashes, its what they’re paid for. Except in England apparently.

I agree. Michael Watson incidentally has probably done more to upset their dressing room than KP England's and yet because he is good enough, they overcame the issues. Same with Warner and his disciplinary issues, and we may as well go back to the likes of Warne and even Botham who were incredibly disruptive on dressing rooms in their time.

As for age being argued as a reason for KP (34) not being in England's future, Aussies 17 man squad includes:
Haddin 37
Clarke 34
Harris 35
Rogers 37
Voges 35
Watson 33

This isn't a case of writing KP off this summer because he's a bit of a cock, he could give 2, 3, 4 or so years to England yet.

I'm not actually advocating his selection at this point, I probably wouldn't drop Ballance, Bell or Root for him (well, maybe Bell...) but I wouldn't want to rule his selection out just because he said a few critical things in a book.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

In Pietersen's defence he has gone and scored runs in the last 6 weeks.

However he has been 'sacked' by England 3 times, so it is not a case of poor Kevin.

This summer the Aussies come over as favourites, even though with the exception of the 2 Mitchell's there is not a lot between the sides and England's test record since the 5-0 drubbing is played 10, won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3, which is not disastrous.

England will flatten the wickets to try and nullify Johnson, but where as in 2013 they had Swann to bowl on these tracks, at present Ali is not going to run through the Aussies and Riley is not ready, yet.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I wouldn't bet against him playing in the 3rd test at Edgbaston.
We'll be two down by then and the clamour for his return will push Graves and Strauss into a humiliating u-turn....

......only for KP to take a wild slash at his first ball for a golden.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In Pietersen's defence he has gone and scored runs in the last 6 weeks.

However he has been 'sacked' by England 3 times, so it is not a case of poor Kevin.

This summer the Aussies come over as favourites, even though with the exception of the 2 Mitchell's there is not a lot between the sides and England's test record since the 5-0 drubbing is played 10, won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3, which is not disastrous.

England will flatten the wickets to try and nullify Johnson, but where as in 2013 they had Swann to bowl on these tracks, at present Ali is not going to run through the Aussies and Riley is not ready, yet.

Apart from just the Mitchells!!! :lolol:

Have you not seen Warner and Smith batting since the last Ashes!! :eek::(:cry:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Let's see how many more games KP plays for Surrey let alone England.

Looking a little unlikely for a while, Kevin has a " Calf Strain " which will rule him out for at least two weeks, expect more niggly little problems which render him unavailable for any form of cricket,but he will still be able to maintain an active Twitter account.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Apart from just the Mitchells!!! :lolol:

Have you not seen Warner and Smith batting since the last Ashes!! :eek::(:cry:

But Root and Balance have also been pilling on the runs.

The Aussies are rightly favourites, as Lehman has done a great job with them.

However this is not a great Aussie side and this is an Aussie side that once again has a number of players that will retire and batsman wise they do not seem to have a large number of batsmen coming through.

England do not have a spinner and that is the biggest worry to me. Also that the third seamer is not taking wickets. However a new coach will hopefully be a blessing, Moores should have got the job back.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But Root and Balance have also been pilling on the runs.

The Aussies are rightly favourites, as Lehman has done a great job with them.

However this is not a great Aussie side and this is an Aussie side that once again has a number of players that will retire and batsman wise they do not seem to have a large number of batsmen coming through.

England do not have a spinner and that is the biggest worry to me. Also that the third seamer is not taking wickets. However a new coach will hopefully be a blessing, Moores should have got the job back.

You may as well say Jimmy and Broad are in form, Buttler is settling in well, it's pretty much 50 - 50!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What was his last ashes average?

Dunno about his Ashes average, but I was at the Oval in 2013 to see him score the fastest ever half-century in Ashes history - 50 off 36 balls in 43 minutes, before being out for 62. It was utterly mesmerising to watch live.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Have to agree with Uncle Buck ('England do not have a spinner') - the ECB 'spin department' is in dire need of reinforcements following the KP debacle. It used to be that just about every county had at least one and often two decent England qualified spinners. Sussex had Chris Waller - who was never within a country mile of an England call-up but these days just might be!
Sorry, defaulting into old git mode! And lest we look at the past through the rose tinted specs, the Aussies use to cane us then too (usually).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The fans are been stitched up by clueless and petty prats in the ECB who have blackballed our most talented player on a personal whim rather than try to rise tothe challenge of managing him and they have already undermined any serious coach...... so who will the ECB Yes man be, that tows the Strauss/Cook fiefdom line?

Not really. As a fan who goes and watches the England games, I am pleased he is not coming back and don't feel stitched up at all.

He's an arrogant prick who's got what he deserved. I would like to hear from Graves as clearly he has some explaining to do.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not really. As a fan who goes and watches the England games, I am pleased he is not coming back and don't feel stitched up at all.

He's an arrogant prick who's got what he deserved. I would like to hear from Graves as clearly he has some explaining to do.

If you don't like an arrogant prick playing for England, that is a long list of England players you mustn't have taken to!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here