Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed, but injuries and suspensions would cause problems IMHO...

Of course. And fingers crossed, but the depth in the squad *now* (without the expected further.... CB, MF, winger, GK, #10) is already stronger than 17/18 bar probably only Goalkeepers given we only have 2 and 1 not back in training yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have unrealistic expectations of signings on a daily basis during the transfer window.

I have unrealistic expectations of Winstano not being on holiday during the transfer window.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yves please...

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Reports that Alireza Jahanbakhsh is off to Leicester as Mahrez replacement
http://www.football-oranje.com/jahanbakhsh-heading-for-leicester-city/

"According to Vananews, Alireza Jahanbakhsh is their top target with the Iranian winger already travelling to Leicester in their owner’s private jet to undergo a medical. They also state that Leicester City would pay AZ Alkmaar €22 million for the forward."

This is despite the director of football saying there was no concrete interest, so these may well be slightly wide of the mark at present. No doubt that Leicester are interested and will probably get their man, but I'm not sure how close that all is

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wouldn’t we want him playing at a higher level than the Belgian second division ?

The thought crossed my mind too, but then for a 24 year old looking to become a Premier League regular, you would imagine the Belgian second division would be too much of a step down.

Perhaps there are other clubs in existence who might be interested in signing him who aren't owned by Tony Bloom. I know its stretching things a bit but we can hope.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That is literally what I was suggesting, but thanks for being snide anyway.

Apols. I didn't mean to be snide. It was a (dull one probably) quip about not believing Bloom's insistence so far that there are no plans for football tie ups between USG and Albion.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wasn’t that my point ?

Yes. Loaning to USG is both a) unlikely given Bloom denies that this is the point of his involvement and b) your good point - they are not at a level where Tau would be expected to develop.
Its quite early in the morning. I'll get a coffee before typing any more nonsense !

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes. Loaning to USG is both a) unlikely given Bloom denies that this is the point of his involvement and b) your good point - they are not at a level where Tau would be expected to develop.
Its quite early in the morning. I'll get a coffee before typing any more nonsense !

I’ll put it down to excitement with multiple transfer updates !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here