Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fenerbahce are showing an interest in Brighton forward Jurgen Locadia.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well of course shithole country teams get to cherry pick players from premier league clubs all the time.

Has any Div 2 clubs put a bid in for Ryan yet? I mean if the moneys good we can become a merrygoround type of club with players coming and going after a few months. as Im sure thats what Tony Bloom wants I mean if the dollars good who needs stability or a reputation for holding on to players?

Oh and well done OP showing the kind of confidence and level of expectations Brighton fans have.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If we can get our money back, or close, for locadia we should 100% do it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Taking everything into account I reckon it’s more likely he won’t cut it than will. He hasn’t looked impressive at all. Worth punting on someone else for that amount of cash

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Taking everything into account I reckon it’s more likely he won’t cut it than will. He hasn’t looked impressive at all. Worth punting on someone else for that amount of cash
Interesting you must of seen him play many more times than I have all I've seen is cup game couple of minutes against Swansea Palace away and United away FA cup ame looked a handful, Swansea scored, Palace decent assist, United away I thought he did ok. Can't judge him Until he's had at least 10 games or so.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You've decided this based on 6 appearances.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

He arrived injured and was kept out of the side by an inform Murray. How on earth do you think you can judge him already?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't forget there were plenty of loud volunteer drivers for Izquierdo last season before he came good.

Luckily they didn't waste their petrol.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't forget there were plenty of loud volunteer drivers for Izquierdo last season before he came good.

Luckily they didn't waste their petrol.
I think they drank it.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
1 - This purported 'transfer' is never going to happen (now), a year down the line - possibly, but now?!? not a snow ball's chance in hell.

2 - I have a feeling Locadia might actually come good. He was clearly in a race to get anywhere near match fit for the final group of matches. Indeed I would suggest he was only at 85%ish by the time the season finished. He was adjusting to our game, our style and the other members of the team - Davy aside. Personally I'd like to see him play in the Gross role in pre-season and see how he links with Davy and our no9. Realistically he can only be properly judged come the end of the 2018/19 season, and this barring serious injury and (perhaps most pertinently) actual starts. Ultimately I feel his time with us might be dictated by how well our out and out strikers perform and Gross - injuries and/or lack of form will be his best way in, his opportunity to cement his place and write his Albion epitaph.

Hey ho , you win some and you lose some too.

That's life.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He was the only player last season who I’d actually use the word “disappointed” to describe their impact, performances and body language.

However, due to, his injury, being away from his best position and Murray’s form I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. We’ve had plenty come good after a sluggish start and the way he played in the Coventry cup game said to me that he’s got something about him.

He’ll have to fight hard for a place up front though. Locadia, Murray and Andone are probably going for one spot. If not he’ll have to wait for a chance on a wing as Gross isn’t going to be dropped.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He arrived injured and was kept out of the side by an inform Murray. How on earth do you think you can judge him already?

My original point was if we could get our money back , I would do it in a heartbeat. We spent a lot on him at the end of a window. There’s nothing in his record either for us or before to suggest he’s worth 15 mill. He was overpriced.
We don’t really need him anymore and he doesn’t fit into our system.
I’m not saying he’s shit , I’m saying it would be good business to get our money back if we could

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My original point was if we could get our money back , I would do it in a heartbeat. We spent a lot on him at the end of a window. There’s nothing in his record either for us or before to suggest he’s worth 15 mill. He was overpriced.

Whilst we 'spent a lot at the end of a window', I'd hazard a guess that Winstanley and his crew had been tracking him for many months, if not years. No way it was an end of window panic buy. Needs time to prove one way or the other.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When Winstano returns from his summer holiday and actually does some work, this thread will instantly disappear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here