Votes: 63 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Uwe Hünemeier on the bench instead of Goldson

PS: it was very nearly an enforced absence for Duffy.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Was it a bad performance?

Was Duffy's error comparable to Propper and Izquierdo missing gilt edged chances to score a goal / win the game, or Dunk's free header 4 yards out?

I thought Duffy made a single terrible error in the game, but otherwise had a solid commanding performance at the back with Lewis. He made a mistake, we move on. I didn't see it as a bad performance for the other 90mins of the match.

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why do we need to create uncertainty and change the team at all? Duffy made one, ONE, serious mistake against Huddersfield which led to their goal yesterday. Apart from that they offered very little.

To my mind it's entirely wrong for him to be made a scapegoat. The fact that we didn't pick up all three points, was more down to our strikers and missed opportunities of our own. Even with ten men we could, and perhaps should, have won the game in the final fifteen minutes.

Shane Duffy apologised to the fans on Twitter, using the Simpsons gif of disappearing into the hedge.
To a man, Brighton fans have backed him, not abusing him.
An Everton fan has even commented on the class of Brighton fans.
The love for Shane here from Brighton fans is class, if one of ours makes a mistake he gets dogs abuse

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Mad Dog Duffy has to be shoe-in shirley? Tho we'd maybe benefit from Goldson not being Duffy and not heading every corner he comes up for a foot over the bar. Every. Damn. Corner. SAKE!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Shane Duffy apologised to the fans on Twitter, using the Simpsons gif of disappearing into the hedge.
To a man, Brighton fans have backed him, not abusing him.
An Everton fan has even commented on the class of Brighton fans.
The love for Shane here from Brighton fans is class, if one of ours makes a mistake he gets dogs abuse

Brighton fans may well have backed him to a man on twitter, just such a shame that can't be said for some of those on NSC. :facepalm:

Stupid poll as it won't even cross Hughton's mind for a mili-second

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Brighton fans may well have backed him to a man on twitter, just such a shame that can't be said for some of those on NSC. :facepalm:

We are all entitled to our opinion. This is not a collective love-in.
A lot of posters are stating that it is one error and one error only. I disagree. I have been concerned about his form in a number of recent games .He went to pieces yesterday and had already made errors before the critical one. His game didn't pick up and Dunk and others had to do a lot of covering for him. A lot of fans just see the thumping headers and roar approval, whilst failing to apply a critical eye to other areas of his game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just my point.
The big thumped header 20-30 yards straight to the opposition serves no purpose other than to delay the opposition for about ten seconds. Where are the cushioned headers, the subtlety, the finesse? There is none. Its just basic hoofing except with the head.

Indeed he is a very different player to Dunk who gets the ball down when he can...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just my point.
The big thumped header 20-30 yards straight to the opposition serves no purpose other than to delay the opposition for about ten seconds. Where are the cushioned headers, the subtlety, the finesse? There is none. Its just basic hoofing except with the head.

The one occasion that he had the time and space to hoof it down the line to Schelotto or March he chose not to and to hesitate and then make a back pass towards our goal rather than a solid punt to Ryan if that is what he wanted to do.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
CH is known for bing a cautious manager, unwilling to take a risk - but maybe the biggest risk now is playing players who are mentally and emotionally drained from having performed right at the very limit all season. Duffy isn't the only one who looks mentally shagged out - so play Goldson for a couple of matches; fortunately we have depth to do this at CB - unfortunately we don't have much scope for relieving our equally shagged out CMs.
Only six matches left - here's hoping it's not six too many for some........................................

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
That UTTER HORROR of a ball aside he's done a ****ing job this season. .....keep, I can't believe that this is a question.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
..........not that I don't rate Goldson.
.who is ****ing excellent

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't think it will be a good thing for the players to know that if they make a genuine error they will be hauled out of the team. That kind of pressure will result in negative play for fear of making an error.

In the same way knowing that consistently poor play keeps you in the team, making you complacent, even though there are hungry players in the squad desperate for games?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Duffy. Not the right time to start messing around with the team set up.
All players can have an off day, hopefully he will learn from it and be stronger in the next game.

Agree, keep the faith in Shane. Generally had a great season

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
In the same way knowing that consistently poor play keeps you in the team, making you complacent, even though there are hungry players in the squad desperate for games?

Which isn’t happening. He’s had one poor game. Consistently poor performance gets you out of the team - see March for proof of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here