Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best Brighton goal you have ever seen live?...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fraser at Hereford
Bridcutt against Carlisle? (Stuff of champions, stuff of dreams)
Skalak against QPR
Spanish. Dave's free kick against Palace
Solly March against Wigan
Pocognoli against QPR
Sidwell against Bristol City

Jimmy Grimble

Surprised no mention for Pocognoli vs QPR.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Vicente against Derby, best non-goal ever. And, if it had gone in, best goal too. Probably the most sublime bit of football I have seen from a player wearing the stripes.

Actual goal: Zamora at Bury, perfectly placed to see it roll down the back of the net, which made me aware of the fact that being in a certain position in the ground can shape your perception of the quality of a goal.

This, for me, it was how it swerved as it made its way in to the back of the net - a genuine moment of disbelief.

I haven't gone through all the posts but has anyone mentioned McShane's goal in Croydon? That was special :D :D :D

Jul 5, 2003
Brian Bromley V Tranmere. I was in the North Stand. He scored in the South. Superb.

Loved this goal. He won the ball on the edge of the North penalty box, ran the length of the pitch, in the mud, and let fly from about 25 yards with an unstoppable shot. I was standing in front of the West Stand in line with where he took the shot. It was unbelievable.

Also agree that any Peter Ward goal could be considered the best. He was deadly from 1 yard and equally as deadly from 30 yards. One goal stands out when, at the North end of the Goldstone with his back to the goal, he received the ball. He dropped his right shoulder, turned to his left, losing his marker. Then he beat a defender by taking him out wide and finally he chipped the keeper. Just one of many great goals by the maestro.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Said it before, say it again...

Nelson V Brentford - FA Cup.

Alas, no cameras at the match to record it believe it or not.

Lots of attempts made to find footage of the goal, including contacting Brentford FC, but to no avail. First or second round of the FA Cup, wasn't it? Surely the regional BBC/ ITV news broadcasts at the time would've included it in their weekend goals round-up?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A load of mine already mentioned - Lawro's v Wolves in the FA Cup was always a favourite. He ran the length of the pitch. Fantastic game too, even though we lost 3-2.

If that Vicente shot against Derby had crashed in off the underside of the bar, it would have topped the lot.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Loved this goal. He won the ball on the edge of the North penalty box, ran the length of the pitch, in the mud, and let fly from about 25 yards with an unstoppable shot. I was standing in front of the West Stand in line with where he took the shot. It was unbelievable.

If that had been caught by the cameras I swear it would still be shown today. I forgot about the state of the pitch.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I seem to remember a great goal from a left winger (forget the name, was it Geoff somebody) against Palace at the Goldstone around late 1980s perhaps. We were on a terrible run of not scoring and they were near the top. Mazy run down the wing, cut inside, shot and minor pitch invasion from the North.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I've already voted for Zamora at Bury, but probably my most enjoyed goal was BZ away at Chesterfield in a midweek game. Had to go in the home end as hadn't realised it was all ticket for us, so had a perfect view of the other end when BZ kicked the ball out of the keeper's hands and rolled it into the net. The ref was running back to half way and turned around to see the ball in the net and about 300 BHA fans celebrating, and gave the goal.
Was priceless standing with the locals as they moaned and whinged about 'cheating southern princes' for the next hour or so :)

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Brian Bromley V Tranmere. I was in the North Stand. He scored in the South. Superb.

Brian was landlord of the 'Black Dog' pub in Portsmouth opposite my student's house. When I told him I was an Albion fan the first thing he did was ask if I remembered that goal; it was a career highlight for him. However I would rank Nelson as the greatest all round goal with Clark at Orient as the best long-range goal.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Gary Nelson.
The complete bananas way the albion fans celebrated matched what a wonderful effort it was.

Proper Roy of the Rovers Goal.
last time i explained it to a youngster he went round 42 players, landed on the moon, sorted world peace and combed his hair when he had slotted it home...........thats no exaggeration how good that goal was :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here