Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Man Utd? Anyone?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bong 11.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Button - 7
Montoya - 6
Bong - 6 - stupid attempt to challenge on penalty.
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 8
Locadia - 6
Stephens - 8
Propper- 7
March - 5 - his decision making is so frustrating at times.
Gross - 5 would have been 4 but for goal
Murray- 5

Knockaert - 6
Andone - 5
Kayal N/A

Hughton - 8 such a great manager, was worried after 10 mins that we would be overrun, but our shape was brilliant and we were a threat. Bad miss by Murray which would have changed things IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Button -7. A few good saves and decent distribution. Also calm when being closed down.

Montoya - 6. Average.
Bong- 5. Poor. Caused some of our best attacks to breakdown by being clueless as to what to do with the ball.
Dunk- 9. MOM. Hope united aren't still looking for a CB.
Duffy - 8. Solid.

March - 5. See Bong. Terrible decision making.
Propper - 7.
Stephens - 7.
Locadia - 7. Can't remember a player to transform so much in the space of 5 games. Some great touches.

Gross - 6. Another ineffectual game from him. Looks a shadow of the player he was last season. Marked up for a decent goal.

Murray - 5. Even De Gea looked embarrassed by one of his shots today. I don't think it's age, or his legs gone, i just think he's out of form. I know CH likes to hive players a chance to play themselves into form, but i think Andone needs a game or two now.

Subs: all 7. And all should be starting next week.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
6 - average

Button - 7
Montoya - 6
Bong - 6 - stupid attempt to challenge on penalty.
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 8
Locadia - 6
Stephens - 8
Propper- 7
Gross - 5 would have been 4 but for goal
Murray- 5

Knockaert - 6
Andone - 5
Kayal N/A

Hughton - 8 such a great manager, was worried after 10 mins that we would be overrun, but our shape was brilliant and we were a threat. Bad miss by Murray which would have changed things IMO.

Very much this ^ although I’d probably score the fives as sixes and the sixes as sevens but I agree with the comments 100%

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Easy one this week as we were superb.

Button 8: best and most confident performance so far. Great distribution and a couple of key saves

Montoya 7: struggled at times with Rashfords pace but still did a solid job

Bong 7: two mistakes and a hesitancy in getting the ball in the box overshadowed an otherwise excellent performance by one of our most hardworking and underrated players. He’s not Bernardo and he probably knows this but he never fails to give us 100%

Dunk & Duffy 9: outstanding as usual and difficult to say one was better than the other.

March 6: other than one or two key plays, disappointing yet again.

Locadia 7: improving every week. Distribution was excellent and caused United issues.

Stephens 7: excellent today back to his best I thought.

Propper: 9.5: been simply brilliant this season so far. Proving to be a thorn in a lot of teams side. We will struggle to keep him in the summer.

Gross: 8: huge improvement and probably his best game this season. Great finish to his goal and great work rate. Did a lot off the ball which caused United issues in the second half.

Murray 6: hard working huff and puff performance from Muzza. However he is looking leggy. I’d be switching him and Andone round especially as I think a fresh Murray would have caused more issues late second half than one starting. Can’t complain too much though as he still drags defenders away and pulls them out of position

Knockaert 7: excellent again when he came on. Deserves to be first choice instead of March for me.

Kayal 6: as effective as he always is. Never fails to give less than 100% will look forward to seeing him start against West Brom next week.

Andone 7: stretched united caused them real problems. Needs to be first choice striker now.

Overall 8/10: possession stats don’t do us justice. We were brilliant yesterday and deserved to take something from the game. UTA

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
6 - average

Button - 7
Montoya - 6
Bong - 5
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 8
Locadia - 7
Stephens - 4
Propper- 7
March - 5.
Gross - 6
Murray- 5

Knockaert - 6
Andone - 5
Kayal N/A

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
We went away to Man Utd and gave them a decent game. If up to 4 of our players had really turned in 5 out of 10 performances (as per some of the scoring so far) we’d have been thrashed.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Easy one this week as we were superb.

Button 8: best and most confident performance so far. Great distribution and a couple of key saves

Montoya 7: struggled at times with Rashfords pace but still did a solid job

Bong 7: two mistakes and a hesitancy in getting the ball in the box overshadowed an otherwise excellent performance by one of our most hardworking and underrated players. He’s not Bernardo and he probably knows this but he never fails to give us 100%

Dunk & Duffy 9: outstanding as usual and difficult to say one was better than the other.

March 6: other than one or two key plays, disappointing yet again.

Locadia 7: improving every week. Distribution was excellent and caused United issues.

Stephens 7: excellent today back to his best I thought.

Propper: 9.5: been simply brilliant this season so far. Proving to be a thorn in a lot of teams side. We will struggle to keep him in the summer.

Gross: 8: huge improvement and probably his best game this season. Great finish to his goal and great work rate. Did a lot off the ball which caused United issues in the second half.

Murray 6: hard working huff and puff performance from Muzza. However he is looking leggy. I’d be switching him and Andone round especially as I think a fresh Murray would have caused more issues late second half than one starting. Can’t complain too much though as he still drags defenders away and pulls them out of position

Knockaert 7: excellent again when he came on. Deserves to be first choice instead of March for me.

Kayal 6: as effective as he always is. Never fails to give less than 100% will look forward to seeing him start against West Brom next week.

Andone 7: stretched united caused them real problems. Needs to be first choice striker now.

Overall 8/10: possession stats don’t do us justice. We were brilliant yesterday and deserved to take something from the game. UTA

This 100% .... an excellent team performance. I could watch that Propper cross all day long with out getting bored.

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
We do seem to be obsessed with going through the back of players on the edge of the box when they are going nowhere. Also giving the ref a decision to make in the area with needless contact. A couple of silly mistakes cut out and I think a few could improve match ratings and their effectiveness overall.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
6 - average

He was solid enough, but you're right about the decision making. There was one incident in particular in the first half when he had the ball on the edge of the penalty box and Montoya was overlapping where a simple 5 yard pass would've put him in a really dangerous position to put a cross in, but he held onto it instead. I know it's easy to see these easy balls up in the stands, but that was so frustrating, and Montoya clearly wasn't happy either.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I watched the 30 seconds on MOTD and on that showing couldn't give anyone more than 3

As an armchair fan we lost, therefore we were crap..

Barber out!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Button 6
Montoya 6
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 5
March 5 (Andone 61min, 6)
Groß 6 (Kayal 82min, 5)
Stephens 6
Pröpper 7
Locadia 6
Murray 5 (Knockaert 61min, 7)

A Pröpper cross for a quality Albion goal. :rave:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe some of the marks on here WE LOST THE GAME which is the whole point of going there and playing it. Having 95% possession 20 shots on target and losing means nothing in May.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I cannot believe some of the marks on here WE LOST THE GAME which is the whole point of going there and playing it. Having 95% possession 20 shots on target and losing means nothing in May.
Player ratings. Players can play very well and lose. But that is evidently a difficult concept for some reason.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Of the starting 11 - Button, Dunk, Duffy, Propper, Stephens, Gross, Locadia all looked like they "belong" in PL

Montayo was steady but not got the flair of Bruno - we have seem somewhat spoilt in past

Bong was out thought for penalty and comes up a bit short of class at top PL level - though a good brick wall for lower level PL teams to run into

March got into several good positions and wasted all of them re hesitating and losing the ball - needs a break out of the team for a few games

Murray was a bit out of sorts

Andone linked up well with Locadia - more they play together, better they will both get - both definitely PL class

AK - could rightly be aggrieved not to have started, was far better than March and a pest like Andone is

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Just a thought. Had we played Macclesfield yesterday, and not Manchester United with the same result, would you have marked the players the same?
As I understand it, players ratings are not about the result, it’s about the individual players performance, and as such, a player can be absolutely shocking and get a poor rating, if the rest of the team are playing like World beaters and hammering the other side. Alternatively, players can play really well, and get beaten as a team, especially if their opponents are one of the best teams in the league.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was solid enough, but you're right about the decision making. There was one incident in particular in the first half when he had the ball on the edge of the penalty box and Montoya was overlapping where a simple 5 yard pass would've put him in a really dangerous position to put a cross in, but he held onto it instead. I know it's easy to see these easy balls up in the stands, but that was so frustrating, and Montoya clearly wasn't happy either.

Yes, i think there were a couple.
I actually think over the last few games Solly’s form has dipped a little.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Of the starting 11 - Button, Dunk, Duffy, Propper, Stephens, Gross, Locadia all looked like they "belong" in PL

Montayo was steady but not got the flair of Bruno - we have seem somewhat spoilt in past

Bong was out thought for penalty and comes up a bit short of class at top PL level - though a good brick wall for lower level PL teams to run into

March got into several good positions and wasted all of them re hesitating and losing the ball - needs a break out of the team for a few games

Murray was a bit out of sorts

Andone linked up well with Locadia - more they play together, better they will both get - both definitely PL class

AK - could rightly be aggrieved not to have started, was far better than March and a pest like Andone is

Perfectly summarised

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here