If meat eaters acted like vegans....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
82b71de179315f342d1fe0deeabbe2fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
My mouth waters when i see steak in the supermarket.
I would never hurt a spider or wasp.
I have eaten ants before out of hunger
My family are all vegetarian except the dog and I respect their choice.
I love horses but would eat one if I had to survive
I wouldn't kill a cow myself to eat for pleasure but would buy ready prepared steak.
I would catch and eat a fish but wouldn't eat a shark or dolphin.

Can one of you intellectuals tell me what I am?

Let's have it, don't hold back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I wouldn't kill a cow myself to eat for pleasure but would buy ready prepared steak.

Pesca-pescatarian mate

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Depending on killing to suvive doesn't mean we have instincts to kill ?? My point was we don't have carnivore traits (we don't salivate when we see animals) for example. Are you asking this wasp/spider question because you think I don't care about them or what?

Chimpanzees are very close to us in every way, DNA, behaviour,and biology, they are also omnivores, and will eat other species of monkeys. Our didtant ancestors were also omnivores we have canine teeth used to rip meat apart.You may not like it, but, you are an omnivore, you just choose not to eat meat.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Couple of questions.

Why do so many vegans and veggies own cats? An invasive species that decimates the songbird population and yet wont eat animal by products like honey?

all so if everyones vegan what will pets eat? cats n dogs? Meat production just for them?

People own cats for the same reason that I still let my 12-year old live with us. Because love > veganism. I don't stop loving my family and mates because they choose to eat meat. We already had a cat before we were vegan and when he dies, perhaps we'll get another. He is a carnivore, he'll die if he doesn't eat meat. It's in his nature. I'm talking about the cat here, not the son.

You can find fault in anything and everything, that's not difficult to do. Cats killing songbirds is definitely an issue, but the songbirds are not reared solely to be killed by the cat. It's a shame but at least it's part of the natural order of life.

Humans have the power to protect or destroy animals. Most people unwittingly choose to destroy them. I know a lot of us are having a laugh on this thread, and winding each other up, so that's fine.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
To be honest I never get this stereotype because there a few 'loud' vegans but the majority aren't and to be honest, being vegan (if you are a vegan) comes up in normal conversation because FOOD/CLOTHING is a big thing. Veganism isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle supporting animals rights/ethics. You should try listening to some of them

Thank you!

I'm vegan and never bring it up, it's usually the opposite in fact when out for dinner "why did you order than don't you eat meat".. I'm only getting into conversation someone else started, then 9/10 they are intrigued as to why I do it, I don't do it because i dislike meat, i love the taste of it. well i did, not sure i would now. I just can't bring myself to eat an animal. Best decision I ever made, but takes some dedication.

We're only branded as being "difficult" because most restaurants don't have anything suitable on the menu. Bean burger for example, great! until you put it on a brioche bun (contains eggs)

I have ZERO problems with people eating meat, I was brought up not to judge people/their lifestyle and choices. Each to their own! I just wish people would educate themselves as to what animals have to go through to get on your plate/produce your eggs and dairy products.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
75.2% of the people on this thread talk utter bolox.So veggies are going to kill off all the animals on the planet so they can grow enough to eat?What gives you the right to decide which animals are allowed to survive?If you think people won't kill animals when they are hungry,you live in la-la land:lolol:

70% of grain grown in the US is fed to livestock.

It takes 2,500 gallons of water, 12 pounds of grain, 35 pounds of topsoil and the energy equivalent of one gallon of gasoline to produce one pound of feedlot beef.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Boring

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If I don't need meat, because I don't salivate when I see a pig or cow, do vegans salivate when they see a carrot?
I think I don't salivate when I see a domesticated animal, because, over the course of human history, we, in the main, have stopped associating live animals with dead meat.
I would like to be a veggie, but, some git invented bacon sandwiches.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Chimpanzees are very close to us in every way, DNA, behaviour,and biology, they are also omnivores, and will eat other species of monkeys. Our didtant ancestors were also omnivores we have canine teeth used to rip meat apart.You may not like it, but, you are an omnivore, you just choose not to eat meat.

When did I say we aren't omnivores? I don't understand your point - our canine teeth btw are pathetic

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You sound decent and sensible to me. :bowdown:

(apart from the bit about the cow - you gutless wimp! :wink:)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
If I don't need meat, because I don't salivate when I see a pig or cow, do vegans salivate when they see a carrot?
I think I don't salivate when I see a domesticated animal, because, over the course of human history, we, in the main, have stopped associating live animals with dead meat.
I would like to be a veggie, but, some git invented bacon sandwiches.

This is the crux of it really, we don't associate animals with meat. And the industrial meat producers do not want this association made. The thing I miss the most is eggs. I thought I could maybe get away with being a bad vegan and eating eggs from my friend's pet chickens, justifying that it's not born etc. But it's hardly any different in reality, so I don't. The egg industry is I think the thing that shocked me the most, you just never realise the lengths that the producers go to to eke out that extra 0.1% profit margin.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
70% of grain grown in the US is fed to livestock.

It takes 2,500 gallons of water, 12 pounds of grain, 35 pounds of topsoil and the energy equivalent of one gallon of gasoline to produce one pound of feedlot beef.

thats bollocks, sure it takes a fair bit, but seems to grow every few years. and the higher numbers consider the intensive american farming methods, and doesnt take account of the differnces between cows, pigs, sheep, chickens. another thing people forget is that to obtain the same amount of protein from non-meat, the vegetarian and more so the vegan has to eat similar amounts of cereals. animals are efficent at turning low end proteins in to higher ones.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When did I say we aren't omnivores? I don't understand your point - our canine teeth btw are pathetic

You seem to be implying in your posts that humans are historically vegan, or vegetarian, I was just pointing out our nearest relatives in the animal world are omnivores and will eat near enough anything through choice.
Humans are omnivores,and we always have been, some of us eat meat some of us don't, as for our canine teeth, i imagine that evolution has reduced the size of them, since we stopped eating raw meat.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

All that might be true, but since I'm not a chimpanzee it isn't massively relevant. You can't base your argument on what another creature does, unless you are prepared to have that same argument used elsewhere. Why do you wear clothes? Chimpanzee's don't wear clothes, they just let their dicks hang out and eat ticks off each other's backs. Etc

Humans are scavengers, like dogs. We are adaptable enough to be able to eat all many of things. For me the veganism debate isn't about what we can eat, or even what we used to eat, it's about whether I think it's right to breed another creature just so it can be killed because I love the taste of it. It's all too easy to pick up a pint of milk because we don't spare a single moment to think where it's come from, why on earth would we, it's just a consumer product. But I know that somewhere there is a living creature, with a brain and a heart that is locked up and living a total nightmare just so I can drink it's milk. It's totally unacceptable.

It doesn't mean I'm a pussy or sit around crying every time a badger gets hit by a car.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
All that might be true, but since I'm not a chimpanzee it isn't massively relevant. You can't base your argument on what another creature does, unless you are prepared to have that same argument used elsewhere. Why do you wear clothes? Chimpanzee's don't wear clothes, they just let their dicks hang out and eat ticks off each other's backs. Etc

Humans are scavengers, like dogs. We are adaptable enough to be able to eat all many of things. For me the veganism debate isn't about what we can eat, or even what we used to eat, it's about whether I think it's right to breed another creature just so it can be killed because I love the taste of it. It's all too easy to pick up a pint of milk because we don't spare a single moment to think where it's come from, why on earth would we, it's just a consumer product. But I know that somewhere there is a living creature, with a brain and a heart that is locked up and living a total nightmare just so I can drink it's milk. It's totally unacceptable.

It doesn't mean I'm a pussy or sit around crying every time a badger gets hit by a car.

My uncle worked on a dairy farm, and the cows came in for an hour in the morning, and an hour in the evening for milking. They were not locked up.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
thats bollocks, sure it takes a fair bit, but seems to grow every few years. and the higher numbers consider the intensive american farming methods, and doesnt take account of the differnces between cows, pigs, sheep, chickens. another thing people forget is that to obtain the same amount of protein from non-meat, the vegetarian and more so the vegan has to eat similar amounts of cereals. animals are efficent at turning low end proteins in to higher ones.

Protein and calcium etc are not remotely a problem. The majority of our (my family) diet is high in protein etc. We get more on average than we did before - because we eat a lot more pulses, lentils, nuts, leafy veg, etc. Lentils have more protein per 100g than beef does. But this isn't about what is the highest protein-rich food is it. If that was what mattered we'd all eat seaweed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here