Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls tv

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hi can anyone confirm the friendly tonight didn't work ?

I'm being informed tonight that friendlies aren't included in the package.

If your game is not available to you we understand your disappointment. How ever please be aware that friendlies are not included in the season subscription service.

After years of shoddy service I'm not letting this one pass.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi can anyone confirm the friendly tonight didn't work ?

I'm being informed tonight that friendlies aren't included in the package.

After years of shoddy service I'm not letting this one pass.

The club will confirm that tonight didn't work!

[tweet]892450364993269760[/tweet]

It seems like it's probably not the UK media partners at fault today, but their messaging is still clearly incorrect.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be fair to the club tonight it mostly seems to be down to a shit backward town Spain who are not even year 2000 ready
And there is me tonight posting from a Spanish back water and watching anything I want to over 4g or wifi.

Sorry it's bullshit.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ok everyone who is interested. Collectively we need to ask for an extension to the contract.

Two months is far from unreasonable.
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]?

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could you post the email address where we apply for our money back. I've had enough too but can't find it anywhere.... bit of a theme running here!
The club gave me ifollow@efl.com - they have just e-mailed me back that my subscription has been stopped (I didn't subscribe - I paid a £45 one off fee), but 'there are no refunds, promotions, or compensation for services rendered'.
They will be hearing from me again..............

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So ... Any chance that the Madrid game will work? If they can't even stream the games they have promised God knows how they will be policing the location of where someone is streaming from !

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So ... Any chance that the Madrid game will work? If they can't even stream the games they have promised God knows how they will be policing the location of where someone is streaming from !

It will be coming from the Amex, so it's the club themselves who are responsible, but it won't be available in the UK.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It will be coming from the Amex, so it's the club themselves who are responsible, but it won't be available in the UK.

It won't be available from a server physically located in the UK that's not to say it can't be streamed from the UK ;)

However I can't even see how they will police it if they can't even get the streams working for most games.

The mob who are responsible for this shambles are streaming loads of football league games over the weekend, will be interesting to see what happens with that......

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
All of this. BHA's partners in delivering the content are still effectively representing the club in the fans' eyes.

Of course it is ... having been unable to watch the Dusseldorf game and getting complete tosh and time wasting from the live chat I then complained to the club. They simply batted me back to their supplier saying (in effect) "it's nothing to do with us".

I'm totally miffed .... I bought the product from BHA, they are the ones that should sort this out. It's like buying some shit vegetables in Sainsburys and being told to sort it out with some farmer in Wales or wherever.

The club need to get on the front foot on this one, they know who the subscribers are but unless I've been missed off anything I've not heard a dicky bird

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Some of you may be interested in the problem that I have been experiencing over the last week or so:

I have been happily paying £4.49 by monthly direct debit for a number of years, and this arrangement should have transferred over seamlessly from Seagulls Player – Far from it!

The latest direct debit payment was taken on 19/07/17 – However on the same date the direct debit instruction was mysteriously cancelled - Not by us, the bank had no reason to have cancelled it, so we can only assume that the cancellation instruction came from the originator – iFollow themselves.

The first indication that something was amiss was when I could not log in to watch the Southend match. I contacted iFollow by live chat who informed me that my subscription had lapsed the previous day due to an accounts issue. As instructed I contacted them by email only to be informed that the credit card transaction had failed – I advised that this was incorrect as (a) I paid by direct debit from the bank account and (b) the payment was still showing in my account as paid.

Several emails later and I still cannot log into the account – This morning I see that the £4.49 has been REFUNDED by iFollow in a BACS transfer.

This leaves me unable to access the account unless I pay £45 for a season pass – I am not happy to do that in view of the numerous problems since Seagulls TV replaced the Seagulls Player service.

I strongly believe that the above actions have been deliberate in order to force me to move from paying monthly to taking a season pass for £45.00.

Interestingly, despite numerous requests I have not received the complaints procedure, and the emails from iFollow have completely stopped since I asked for compensation, and copied the emails to supporter services at the club.

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Crafty really. I cancelled my seagulls player account at the end of the season as a) I knew a new service was incoming and b) there's no need to pay a tenner to watch zero content over the summer.

Basically, all we've got is the same thing in a slightly different skin. We're still at the mercy of a central platform which the club doesn't have much control over. The ability for the club to livestream is the only upgrade I can make out, which the club definitely used as a selling point to get people to subscribe pre-season. Like many, I coughed up the £45 and it's all a load of shite.

Our highlights will be all over the internet for free, the only extra value we'll be getting is hearing the pre/post match interviews and press conferences. £45 is a LOT of money for that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought that when we left the football league that we got out of the collective deal.

Or is this a new collective deal that all premier league teams use ?

If it's not, Barber should sack seagulls tv and get some other service in its place.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Some of you may be interested in the problem that I have been experiencing over the last week or so:

I have been happily paying £4.49 by monthly direct debit for a number of years, and this arrangement should have transferred over seamlessly from Seagulls Player – Far from it!

The latest direct debit payment was taken on 19/07/17 – However on the same date the direct debit instruction was mysteriously cancelled - Not by us, the bank had no reason to have cancelled it, so we can only assume that the cancellation instruction came from the originator – iFollow themselves.

The first indication that something was amiss was when I could not log in to watch the Southend match. I contacted iFollow by live chat who informed me that my subscription had lapsed the previous day due to an accounts issue. As instructed I contacted them by email only to be informed that the credit card transaction had failed – I advised that this was incorrect as (a) I paid by direct debit from the bank account and (b) the payment was still showing in my account as paid.

Several emails later and I still cannot log into the account – This morning I see that the £4.49 has been REFUNDED by iFollow in a BACS transfer.

This leaves me unable to access the account unless I pay £45 for a season pass – I am not happy to do that in view of the numerous problems since Seagulls TV replaced the Seagulls Player service.

I strongly believe that the above actions have been deliberate in order to force me to move from paying monthly to taking a season pass for £45.00.

Interestingly, despite numerous requests I have not received the complaints procedure, and the emails from iFollow have completely stopped since I asked for compensation, and copied the emails to supporter services at the club.

Your experience is interesting because it is almost the exact opposite of what I have been through. My annual subscription finished towards the end of last season (March or early April). Because I wanted to see the U-23 games at the end of the season I tried to renew my annual subscription but couldn't, and after contacting them by e-mail I was informed that only a monthly DD was currently available. A payment of 4.49 was taken on April 10 but then there was a payment "holiday".

When Albion announced that the Madrid friendly would be available live, but only to overseas viewers, I decided to take out the new (overseas) annual pass to ensure I could see it (I had previously been registered using a Sussex address). It was only a few days after paying for this annual pass that I discovered they had resumed taking the monthly DD payment of 4.49 which went out on July 11 (to be honest I had forgotten the DD was still active, albeit dormant). When I contacted them and explained the situation (and asked for the 4.49 to be refunded), they agreed to terminate that monthly subscription but I haven't seen my money reimbursed.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I will be on my jollies when we play Atletico, will I be able to watch the game using my normal UK subscription from abroad ?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The whole affair is absolutely shocking and the hand wringing from the club is absolutely out of order too.
The club needs to put a press release out detailing what's gone wrong and the circumstances that have led to this.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Your experience is interesting because it is almost the exact opposite of what I have been through. My annual subscription finished towards the end of last season (March or early April). Because I wanted to see the U-23 games at the end of the season I tried to renew my annual subscription but couldn't, and after contacting them by e-mail I was informed that only a monthly DD was currently available. A payment of 4.49 was taken on April 10 but then there was a payment "holiday".

When Albion announced that the Madrid friendly would be available live, but only to overseas viewers, I decided to take out the new (overseas) annual pass to ensure I could see it (I had previously been registered using a Sussex address). It was only a few days after paying for this annual pass that I discovered they had resumed taking the monthly DD payment of 4.49 which went out on July 11 (to be honest I had forgotten the DD was still active, albeit dormant). When I contacted them and explained the situation (and asked for the 4.49 to be refunded), they agreed to terminate that monthly subscription but I haven't seen my money reimbursed.
So there's a separate sub for overseas? If true that's really frustrating as I was advised on here that I would be able to watch the Madrid game via current subscription through a VPN or as I'm abroad this will be ok by default.

I guess worse case there should be other streams available for this game

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I will be on my jollies when we play Atletico, will I be able to watch the game using my normal UK subscription from abroad ?

I'm in same boat. Doubt we will get a straight answer from anyone. Clueless all round.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

If you like watching paint dry, I wouldn't hold your breathe, absolute clown school last night IMO

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead

The answer to this is found on the efl website (https://www.efl.com/iFollow/faqs/) - as follows:

If I live in the UK or Republic of Ireland and subscribe to iFollow, will I be able to watch games on iFollow when travelling abroad?

No, in order to live stream games on iFollow you would need to purchase a separate pass whilst based abroad, that requires a local bank account and local address. Upon your return to the UK or Republic of Ireland you would not then be able to watch games but you would be able to listen to live audio match commentary on either of your passes.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The answer to this is found on the efl website (https://www.efl.com/iFollow/faqs/) - as follows:

If I live in the UK or Republic of Ireland and subscribe to iFollow, will I be able to watch games on iFollow when travelling abroad?

No, in order to live stream games on iFollow you would need to purchase a separate pass whilst based abroad, that requires a local bank account and local address. Upon your return to the UK or Republic of Ireland you would not then be able to watch games but you would be able to listen to live audio match commentary on either of your passes.
Interesting I asked exactly the same question a few weeks ago and was told you wouldnt need a foreign bank account. .

It's interesting that lower league subscribers have managed to purchase this weekends games just via a VPN and not needed a foreign bank account.

Regardless if we go down I will be setting up a foreign account to pay from so I can have access to the streams for the championship next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here