Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
There is a post by Kikaikai (sp?) in the other striker thread who mentions Baldock? I mention him as I remember he had some inside knowledge on a previous deal.

I may be wrong, but i think he told us that Paul Clemant would be manager, and PM'd Bozza who confirmed what he said MIGHT have some legs.

Other that that i don't think anything else 'ITK' has been said..?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I may be wrong, but i think he told us that Paul Clemant would be manager, and PM'd Bozza who confirmed what he said MIGHT have some legs.

Other that that i don't think anything else 'ITK' has been said..?

Yep that could be it! I guess if Bozza confirmed the source is legit, then maybe there could be something in it? Just seemed strange to randomly come out with Baldock on that thread.

However I would be surprised if this is the "massive" signing that Aspinall alluded to last night? Good player though!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am very ambivalent to Baldock, but:

a) It is obvious that he wants to come here.
b) I'm beginning to think we can expect more from Colunga than initially thought.
c) the signing of some decent cheaper options means that we still have a chunk of change to bring Baldock in.

We'd certainly have some tidy attacking options: CMS, Colunga (just behind a front man), Tex, Lua Lua, O'Grady, and Baldock. There are some good options there, we'd be quite versatile, but lacking height. Baldock is 5'7" FFS!

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Sources are good, just a shame two of the pieces of information i had turned around and did not happen. I will hold my hands up for the Clement comments, i was lead to believe he was the one but something happened behind the scenes that i haven't been included in. Ward had arrived, had the first part of his medical and was due to sign, then Burnley called and the rest is history unfortunately. Today's news is of a new arrival but as to exact names i can't confirm just yet as i'm not 100% in the loop, i just know there is movement...

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
No. He asked if anyone had heard anything. Not dismissing it...but do think it's a steaming pile of horse manure.
And kikaikai has form for that.

I also have form for a lot of deals that have come off over the past 3 years

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The style we are playing at the moment doesn't require a target man so I'd be very happy for us to sign Baldock. Also, we have O'Grady for situations where a plan B is required.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Well. Nothing has happened, something may happen and unless the club confirm anything (who are the only people worth listening to) there is nothing worth taking note of. Ward had people in a tizz all summer, turns out, he f****d off to Burnley.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Hard to tell since your account only dates back to May this year.

Had to change my account as people would find out my name and how i get my information. Most information i have leaked was all through other people too, those people know who i am and that's good enough for them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here