White and gold or blue and black?
26c8f1c8a10d0296d2c440d8cd3c5c88.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But then you think he did it deliberately..not that it matters..it’s just opinion

I think he knew there was a chance of catching the player, yes. It clearly want an all out assault.

Regardless, I’m mightily relieved that an analyst will easily get him off using stride data and many other technical things that I don’t understand.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
All this talk of analytics, and performance data... I think some people are getting hung up on the word 'stamp'. Another argus article summarised Dermot Gallagher's appearance on SSN this morning. He said it wasn't stamp, what the panel had to decide was whether it was deliberate. Deliberately treading on someone isn't more legal than stamping on someone.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...n_the_Tomer_Hemed_incident_against_Newcastle/

They wouldn't need to prove it wasn't a stamp, they'd need to prove it wasn't a deliberate action.

Exactly, and there's no amount of data and analytics that can prove one way or the other whether it was deliberate or not. Only Hemed himself knows the true answer to that one.

It's all about interpretation and the panel have decided on deliberate. Personally, I agree with them.

An appeal is highly unlikely to get a different conclusion as there's no 'evidence' that can be brought in defence. I'd just take it on the chin and move on rather than almost certainly get an additional 1 match ban for the time and trouble of an unsuccessful appeal.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
My point is that in law, presented with the evidence against you, you are charged, and you have a chance to defend yourself, THEN you are handed a verdict.

If this affects someone's working life, I'm not sure how sport could be immune to the law.

Christ on a bike this is an embarrassing thread isn't it. :facepalm:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The only one who knows if it was deliberate is Tomer. Taking the views on here and from the so called experts which is split over the incident I'm surprised that all three on the panel agreed. It does annoy me when this is considered worthy of a 3 game ban same as the Watford thug.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Trod you mean

Their both deliberate acts, neither is acceptable. Disappointing thread on the whole, our player has behaved appallingly and rightfully been banned and half of NSC have convinced themselves he is innocent

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The only one who knows if it was deliberate is Tomer. Taking the views on here and from the so called experts which is split over the incident I'm surprised that all three on the panel agreed. It does annoy me when this is considered worthy of a 3 game ban same as the Watford thug.

Agreed. That it had to be 3 from 3 gave me hope he’d get off.

To be clear, I don’t think it was bad but I do think it was akin to a player “leaving his foot in” when the red mist comes down briefly.

I’m not sure I think it warranted a red but I can completely see how others might.

I do also think if the whole scenario was reversed there would be far fewer Albion fans saying “accidental” than there has been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here