Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Back on track that's not deliberate in a million years, Hemed's off balance & gets tangled up with him. Foot comes down instinctively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely!

With no pressure and certainly no added impact when he stands on the Newcastle player's leg. Watch the Hemer incident. Then watch Shelvey on Dele Alli.

Hopefully you can all "spot the difference"!

(That's not to say he won't get banned. After all NUFC are a "big club" and the FA are a bunch of totally incompetent muppets)

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Absolutely!

With no pressure and certainly no added impact when he stands on the Newcastle player's leg. Watch the Hemer incident. Then watch Shelvey on Dele Alli.

Hopefully you can all "spot the difference"!

(That's not to say he won't get banned. After all NCFC are a "big club" and the FA are a bunch of totally incompetent muppets)

What have Notts County or Norwich City got to do with it?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but that does not look good and the previous square up to Yedlin might suggest he was on a mission. If that was Joey Barton we'd all be frothing but as it's our man of the match and a 3 match ban would be a disaster people are being a tad bias.

What does make me laugh is Souness offering his views. That's a bit like King Herod commenting on baby sitting

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sorry but that does not look good and the previous square up to Yedlin might suggest he was on a mission. If that was Joey Barton we'd all be frothing but as it's our man of the match and a 3 match ban would be a disaster people are being a tad bias.

What does make me laugh is Souness offering his views. That's a bit like King Herod commenting on baby sitting

I see your point, but Joey does bring with him a certain reputation that Tomer just does not have. In fact, when I saw the squaring up on Sunday it bought into sharp focus how few and far between such incidents are at Albion games.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I see your point, but Joey does bring with him a certain reputation that Tomer just does not have. In fact, when I saw the squaring up on Sunday it bought into sharp focus how few and far between such incidents are at Albion games.

Just because Hemed doesn't have that reputation doesn't make it look any better. I don't think it was deliberate personally, but it looks bad. I genuinely think a 3 match ban is coming our way...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No way was that deliberate. Nothing to do with bias. There is absolutely no intent.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just because Hemed doesn't have that reputation doesn't make it look any better. I don't think it was deliberate personally, but it looks bad. I genuinely think a 3 match ban is coming our way...

given the evidence, I find it hard to convict him. That said, this is the FA.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If he does get a ban, I assume it kicks in immediately, which means he'll miss:

1 Oct - Premier League 12:00

Arsenal vs Brighton

15 Oct - Premier League 13:30

Brighton vs Everton

20 Oct - Premier League 20:00

West Ham vs Brighton

With Murray not fully fit, it would make things interesting up front.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If he does get a ban, I assume it kicks in immediately, which means he'll miss:

1 Oct - Premier League 12:00

Arsenal vs Brighton

15 Oct - Premier League 13:30

Brighton vs Everton

20 Oct - Premier League 20:00

West Ham vs Brighton

With Murray not fully fit, it would make things interesting up front.

Izzy Brown up top I would have thought

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
DeAndre Yedlin said "I felt something on my calf,'

'I didn't see anything. I was in the mix of things. I don't know, it's not really important. It's important we learn from our mistakes and move on. I was on the ground."

By definition "Stamp" is an act of putting the foot down on the ground hard.

If Tomer had stamped on Yedlin's calf, the result would've been more than Yedlin "feeling something"

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What a tw@t Richard Keys is..

Not because it's Hemed but his overall attitude.
Broadcasters are not referees that's down to the FA
And the FA should not be listening to broadcasters

If Keys says something about football (or anything tbf) then the opposite is almost always the truth. He's a ****ing dick.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When does he have to be charged by? What if the ref mentions it in his report & says words to the effect of accidental, nothing to it etc?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
DeAndre Yedlin said "I felt something on my calf,'

'I didn't see anything. I was in the mix of things. I don't know, it's not really important. It's important we learn from our mistakes and move on. I was on the ground."

By definition "Stamp" is an act of putting the foot down on the ground hard.

If Tomer had stamped on Yedlin's calf, the result would've been more than Yedlin "feeling something"

So, Yedin doesn't care. Doesn't think there was any malice. Can't hurt.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
When does he have to be charged by? What if the ref mentions it in his report & says words to the effect of accidental, nothing to it etc?

It has to be dealt with before his next match.
If the ref says he saw it and nothing to it. then thats that. goes no further.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Is that the only video out there of the incident? Presumably Sky will have more and the FA will see them?

To me, it looked accidental - but Tomer could probably have made more effort to miss his leg if he'd really wanted to (but then he would have fallen over himself). But the main thing is that no-one really made a fuss at the time, the Newcastle players weren't all that bothered, Yedlin says he just 'felt' something, there's no injury, the ref saw nothing. It all sounds like an accidental landing on someone's leg whilst putting very little weight on it. That's hardly a 'stamp'.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm afraid I can't have that at all.

His feet weren't tangled up in any way. Hemed was standing with both feet very much not-tangled (as per pic). He then hurdled the player but the action with his leg looked very much a deliberate stamp to me, even with my very blue & white specs on.

As others have said, if that were the other way round, I'd be screaming for a red and/or a policeman.

View attachment 89672

Shows how misleading a still image can be, it doesn't show the momentum that the Newcastle player had as he appeared (to me at least) to slide into Hemeds legs, knocking him off balance and causing him to fall as he did when he (imo) accidentally made contact with a leg but with little or no force, intent or malice involved

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No chance it can be proven, therefore Not guilty!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here