NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No great fan of the Mail (Sunday or otherwise) myself, but are you seriously suggesting that the Mail never gets a story right? Wow..........

Perhaps you might not have the same total disdain for The Guardian and ESPN.
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=russian+football+doping&spf=1498382235761

Thanks for the links and, of course not. I never said hat now, did I. I can elaborate, though, if you require. Yes, when the Mail says that the conservatives won the largest number of votes in the last election, and described reasonably accurately what they expect the weather to be like today, I am not likely to dispute this. I can find a drunk in a park who can give me information of similar quality and value. However, I would never read a paper that spent most of the 1930s going on about the 'Jewish Question' and what a nice man that Adolph Hitler is. There is no need, on the back of that, to even go there about the litany of disgusting fear and loathing articles the rag has generated in the last 50 years, mostly directed to the prejudices of the wives of the men who 'run the country'. Is that clearer?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thanks for the links and, of course not. I never said hat now, did I. I can elaborate, though, if you require. Yes, when the Mail says that the conservatives won the largest number of votes in the last election, and described reasonably accurately what they expect the weather to be like today, I am not likely to dispute this. I can find a drunk in a park who can give me information of similar quality and value. However, I would never read a paper that spent most of the 1930s going on about the 'Jewish Question' and what a nice man that Adolph Hitler is. There is no need, on the back of that, to even go there about the litany of disgusting fear and loathing articles the rag has generated in the last 50 years, mostly directed to the prejudices of the wives of the men who 'run the country'. Is that clearer?
Well, I can't remember the 30s (either?) but I suspect that the Mail was far from being a lone voice at the time in calling Jews a problem and Hitler a nice man!
Apart from that, you don't like the Mail - yes, I got that first time round!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No drug can make you kick a ball straight. :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well, I can't remember the 30s (either?) but I suspect that the Mail was far from being a lone voice at the time in calling Jews a problem and Hitler a nice man!
Apart from that, you don't like the Mail - yes, I got that first time round!

You suspect? Do you ever read history?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
..... aaaaaaaand as Sergei Kikaboll gets ready for the game, we all wonder wether four shredded wheat and an early night really can do this - as he claims..

7.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:shootself:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You suspect? Do you ever read history?
Probably more than you, unless you also did your degree in 20th. Century history. 'Suspect' is a polite, slightly ironic, way of putting it, to make a change from some of the dogmatic "I know, you don't" language which often spoils the tone of chat sites.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've no idea how true this is but I did read somewhere of an alternative theory on why the Romania World Cup 98 squad all bleached their hair: to circumvent testing positive for cocaine.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nightmare couple of weeks for FIFA

Qatar being ignored by the rest of the Middle East and now the potential of having to ban the host nation of the Next World Cup.

Or they will just ignore it

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Do you also boycott the Daily Mirror for their " Give the Blackshirts a helping hand " article from 22nd January 1934 ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Probably more than you, unless you also did your degree in 20th. Century history. 'Suspect' is a polite, slightly ironic, way of putting it, to make a change from some of the dogmatic "I know, you don't" language which often spoils the tone of chat sites.

Having read a few of your posts on the Brexit thread over the last year, I'm not sure you know the meaning of irony.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here