Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I reckon he's waiting to see which club he's interested in seem the best fit after doing some business. If Newcastle play 1 up front and add 7th and 8th strikers to their squad who they both promise to start, it could help us.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Nah we'll pay it. We paid a big loan fee for Murray too. Cheaper than gambling 15 million and a 5 year contract on a similarly unproven player. That's how we roll

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't think we will, otherwise we already would have

£50k a week..... plus £1m.. plus a goal bonus

For someone who has never kicked a ball in the Prem ?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Don't think we will, otherwise we already would have

£50k a week..... plus £1m.. plus a goal bonus

For someone who has never kicked a ball in the Prem ?
We've agreed the deal with the club. Waiting on the player. We're Premier League now. Knockaert and Stephens are on 45k and also unproven.

Less risk with a loan, if he flops we're not lumbered with him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So that's £1m - £500k to the player and £500k to the agent probably......for what? Jesus these ****ing agents get on my mammaries

If that report is true then it's more than that but clubs don't always pay these full amounts of salary and all would be negotiated with Chelsea - After all they want to get their Youths out into clubs they think are appropriate for a players development.

Newcastle have the financial clout but Rafa has a history of ''squad rotation'' for no reason at all and I don't think that will sit well with Chelsea. Whilst I am positive we won't guarantee ANY player a starting place, I reckon he would get more games at Brighton than Newcastle. On top of that if Newcastle are struggling, Chelsea know that they can go out and splash even more cash on another striker in January if they wanted to - That might then leave their player getting no game time for the second part of the season.

It would then be up to the lad to speak to respective clubs and decide where he thinks he would fit in best, so I take these things in papers with a pinch of salt. They like to portray young footballers as spoilt have it all Prima Donnas and not all of them are.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Pretty sure wont be us based on his words.

Sounds very much like wants to aim as high as possible ie top prem side.

That would very much be Newcastle and most teams (bar Hudds ahead of us)

I reckon he wants a top London club.

There's no way Chelsea will loan him anywhere where he could conceivably help a title challenger. So no one in the top 6 and probably only Everton if Lukaku were to go the other way.

If he does want to stay local(ish,) there's not that many PL options....

I think we're in with a good shout here.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
We've agreed the deal with the club. Waiting on the player. We're Premier League now. Knockaert and Stephens are on 45k and also unproven.

Less risk with a loan, if he flops we're not lumbered with him.

It's the deal with Abraham that bothers me, you'd expect him to be keen to prove himself in the Prem but the extra £1m PLUS he wants additional wages OVER his £50k a week makes me think he is just wanting to go to the club who will pay him the most ££££

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I don’t see it as “moving on” just the club will be working on bringing in a number of players. Doubt if he is our main target anyway. If he joins us on loan he won’t count towards the 25 man squad as he is 19, will he?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't get all the fuss with TA....yes great prospect for the future but he won't be scoring many in the prem and how many youngsters do score a fair few in the prem? I would see him as a sub player in the premiership and not a starter anyway:)

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As much as I'd like him to sign for us, wouldn't it be great if all interested clubs turned round and told his greedy agent to stick it, and leave him at Chelsea until they dropped the extra demands. Will keep on happening all the time someone willing to pay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Don't get all the fuss with TA....yes great prospect for the future but he won't be scoring many in the prem and how many youngsters do score a fair few in the prem? I would see him as a sub player in the premiership and not a starter anyway:)

Tbf he did better than Cuba Akpom last season but that's not saying much. I'm with you on this one.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
On reflection, I would rather have 2 new over 21 PL strikers, and Tomori as our 'Chelsea loan' .

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports