Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Who would have thought it would be the Tories divided and turning on themselves in the aftermath of the election ? Interesting times indeed
No need for that vote on Fox hunting then for a while,they can rip each other apart.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Ultimately the EU will decide what deal we get and the price of that deal. How many times do we hear those immortal words. "It's not what I voted for" well if you voted leave ( you should have read the small print) that's exactly what you voted to do. If you voted remain, unfortunately we lost, so what ever the deal. You are never going to be happy. I can see now every single issue will become a huge fight with all sides struggling to agree and that's just the EU

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Ultimately the EU will decide what deal we get and the price of that deal. How many times do we hear those immortal words. "It's not what I voted for" well if you voted leave ( you should have read the small print) that's exactly what you voted to do. If you voted remain, unfortunately we lost, so what ever the deal. You are never going to be happy. I can see now every single issue will become a huge fight with all sides struggling to agree and that's just the EU

It's not what ANYONE voted for.

I don't want to remain. We're leaving but it's how we're leaving that is still very much up for debate.

The 'no deal is better than a bad deal' crowd have got us here.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
We will eventually leave the EU with full access to the European single market. We are the second biggest economy and the EU will not want us going out to the world on our own without them taking some sort of cut in the deals we make with other countries of the world.
Free movement will be removed from the EU anyway. The people of Europe have had enough of it. Despite the media in this country burying any bad looking Euro news, it is still kicking off in Greece, Hungary, Italy and even France.

Soft Brexit, Hard Brexit is a nonsense made up by a disgruntled Nick Clegg.

I still believe we will look back on this all in 20 years and say what ever happened to that Brexit thing everyone was talking about.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It'll go the same way as the LibDems referendum on PR - rejected.

Ahem. What referendum on PR? I think you mean AV, not PR. PR's time is coming. It's just the kind of thing to add to the radical agenda laid out by Corbyn/Labour that will broaden their appeal, and start to propel this country into the 21st century, rather than the recent attempts to return it to the 19th century.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We will eventually leave the EU with full access to the European single market. We are the second biggest economy and the EU will not want us going out to the world on our own without them taking some sort of cut in the deals we make with other countries of the world.
Free movement will be removed from the EU anyway. The people of Europe have had enough of it. Despite the media in this country burying any bad looking Euro news, it is still kicking off in Greece, Hungary, Italy and even France.

Soft Brexit, Hard Brexit is a nonsense made up by a disgruntled Nick Clegg.

I still believe we will look back on this all in 20 years and say what ever happened to that Brexit thing everyone was talking about.

Well, I disagree. We've always been the junior partner and to think we'd just get what we wanted is just fantasy land. The EU is hardly going to make it more attractive to be outside it, rather than inside it. The Tory Party's miscalculation has just made a bad situation even worse. Once everyone stops blustering and we're forced to turn our attention to what's on the table then things really will start to get interesting.

You might be right but people have had enough of the Tories taking punts and failing. Their credibility is shot.
I have had enough of all parties taking punts and failing. Although I think Macron is a fraud, I like his idea of us normal joes standing for parliament, but I would like to see half the house of commons being made up of independent MP's. This is the way I will be voting in future.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

What does full access to the single market mean given you have not mentioned any trade off to access.unless it's your wonderful idea that we pay the EU to trade with the rest of the world. That's very good of the EU to only take what 10%, 20% of all our trade deals with the rest of the world. Is this really the best deal for Britain?

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
If i'd arrived today from another planet, I could be forgiven for thinking Labour won the election..............they didn't though...did they? Apparently they got only 40.3% of the total vote (less than the tories) yet 'Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has called for Theresa May to resign saying she should "go and make way for a government that is truly representative of this country".. Eh! I,m confused!

But you voted Conservative at this election?
Yes. I thought it was the only way to guarantee Brexit carries on. Misguided maybe, but I made my choice. I have always voted tory.

I will probably vote independent from now on unless the tory machine gets rid of Tess. I voted for her gamble and believed she could do it, she failed and has to walk. The ruthless tory machine is normally good at getting rid of losers.
I like the cut of Ruth Davidson even though she was a remainer.

What does full access to the single market mean given you have not mentioned any trade off to access.unless it's your wonderful idea that we pay the EU to trade with the rest of the world. That's very good of the EU to only take what 10%, 20% of all our trade deals with the rest of the world. Is this really the best deal for Britain?
It means the EU have set up this job killing cartel and we appear to have to join it. They like our money contributions so will want to keep us on board. We may have to pay some small peppercorn fee to them but so be it.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
If i'd arrived today from another planet, I could be forgiven for thinking Labour won the election..............they didn't though...did they? Apparently they got only 40.3% of the total vote (less than the tories) yet 'Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has called for Theresa May to resign saying she should "go and make way for a government that is truly representative of this country".. Eh! I,m confused!

Welll your not from another planet and I am not sure you are confused! �� Given the circumstances and the expected result I can see why Labour and their supporters are seeing it as a victory.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yes. I thought it was the only way to guarantee Brexit carries on. Misguided maybe, but I made my choice. I have always voted tory.

I will probably vote independent from now on unless the tory machine gets rid of Tess. I voted for her gamble and believed she could do it, she failed and has to walk. The ruthless tory machine is normally good at getting rid of losers.
I like the cut of Ruth Davidson even though she was a remainer.

So what you are saying is you'll vote Conservative as there's no conceivable way that TM is still leader at the next election, unless it is almost immediate.

This is exactly the point I made earlier on the thread, the Conservative Party rather than SPAD's or Theresa May is to blame for where we are.

- The Tories didn't have to not have a leadership election.
- They didn't have to all fall in line obediently and without question.
- They didn't have to vote for the no confidence motion.
- They didn't have to back a negative, nasty and ultimately failed campaign.
- They don't have to get into bed with corrupt religious fundamentalists.

And as long as a fresh face is brought in at the top you'll just forgive and forget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here