Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DUP...

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
nice try
i questioned why people were suddenly fake outraged not why they were suddenly being talked about
why were you not outraged at the existence of the DUP last week yet now furious.
Hypocrites is the answer you are looking for

We get it, you think that anyone criticising the DUP who didn't before is a hypocrite. But you haven't answered about your own views so please enlighten us.

"I'm asking a genuine question to a poster who made his feelings on Corbyn's 'terrorist sympathies' very clear on here. I'd like to know what he thinks about The Tories getting in to bed with this lot, seeing as a lot of people seem to think they have dodgy connections themselves."

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Is it not because a week ago they were an irrelevance? Now they are on the cusp of being at the heart of UK government. I'd say the circumstances have changed and they now need proper scrutiny and it would would appear they are anti abortion, LGBT hating, climate change denying terrorist sympathisers.

Excellent then. What's not to like about them ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
nice try
i questioned why people were suddenly fake outraged not why they were suddenly being talked about
why were you not outraged at the existence of the DUP last week yet now furious.
Hypocrites is the answer you are looking for

Why is it fake outrage? Only because some may not have known about it previously (for whatever reason), why does that make their views less legitimate, or even fake as you claim?

There's things that have outraged people in the past that they may have only recently learned about - it doesn't mean they're not genuinely angry about it, but they're just a little late to the party in terms of educating themselves.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why is it fake outrage? Only because some may not have known about it previously (for whatever reason), why does that make their views less legitimate, or even fake as you claim?

There's things that have outraged people in the past that they may have only recently learned about - it doesn't mean they're not genuinely angry about it, but they're just a little late to the party in terms of educating themselves.
People voted Corbyn who is an IRA sympathizer, he blamed our foreign policies for recent terror attacks here and calls Hamas and Hezbollah his friends. Why are people whinging about DUP and yet back Corbyn ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
People voted Corbyn who is an IRA sympathizer, he blamed our foreign policies for recent terror attacks here and calls Hamas and Hezbollah his friends. Why are people whinging about DUP and yet back Corbyn ?

That didn't answer my question...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I think you pretty much answered your own question. People are rightly concerned that May is jumping into bed with terrorist sympathisers. People were rightly concerned about Corbyn's stance. Sadly we have a House of Commons that is full of corrupt weasels vying for power in whatever way they can grab it and to hell with the rest of us.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
After all the bs about Corbyn on here for weeks, good to see the perpetrators sucking up to a party with strong links to paramilitary terrorists, and calling everybody else hypocrits. Pretty funny. Theres a difference between having sympathies with, and forming a government with.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another mover and shaker who will have direct influence on the coalition of chaos.

I give you Dee Stitt, convicted armed robber and self confessed UDA commander.

I suspect Dee is looking forward to his reception at Downing Street and the ear of the Prime Minister.

Nice chap?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You were losing your shit about JC's alleged terrorist sympathies just the other day. How do you feel about this lot and the tories getting in to bed together?

I won't pretend I knew much about them or how this will play out re Northern Irish politics but after a little reading..

Yet another poor decision by May that will most likely back fire?

Still, as decisions go it's probably not as bad as voting for a party leadership team that were in bed with people who shot The DUP leaders father and put a bomb under her school bus. Each to their own.

Also amusing to see so many people suddenly concerned about the Northern Ireland peace process when they wanted to put Sinn Fein's besties Corbyn in No10 and McDonnell in No11 .. no ramifications for the peace process there then.

:facepalm:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Still, as decisions go it's probably not as bad as voting for a party leadership team that were in bed with people who shot The DUP leaders father and put a bomb under her school bus. Each to their own.

Labour's terrorists are worse, no the Tories terrorists are just as bad. :catfight:

What a sorry state of affairs we are in.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

You probably won't agree with this but I blame Dave. He shouldn't have allowed a binary in/out (yet still arguably ambiguous) referendum on the extremely divisive EU issue. In doing so he lifted the lid off something that was relatively well contained and now it's unleashed and May isn't the one to put it back in the box.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Pragmatic analyst on the radio earlier.

Although the DUP are pretty much out there "religiously" what they are after is money for infrastructure projects. He expects them to play very nicely and in fact any pressure over dodgy beliefs will probably come the over way.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You probably won't agree with this but I blame Dave. He shouldn't have allowed a binary in/out (yet still arguably ambiguous) referendum on the extremely divisive EU issue. In doing so he lifted the lid off something that was relatively well contained and now it's unleashed and May isn't the one to put it back in the box.

Yes - but the pressure was coming from his own party.

Would have been easy to ask three questions.

1) In
2) In with huge reforms.. and give examples.
3) Out

Then go into negotiations, after which point

1) In
2) Out

No-one would have had a problem with that.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Pragmatic analyst on the radio earlier.

Although the DUP are pretty much out there "religiously" what they are after is money for infrastructure projects. He expects them to play very nicely and in fact any pressure over dodgy beliefs will probably come the over way.

oh the world is good again! religious nutters take power in the UK. happy days

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Can we have one with Hiney on to even things up please LB.....

brick wall.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

You are right I don't. The lid was beginning to rattle it had to happen sooner or later. I blame democracy .. it throws up lots of unintended consequences! :sick:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here