Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer signings

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Whoever is brought in, lets hope the deals are done early rather than only having the team in place at the end of August,

One of the bonuses of our current position is that hopefully we can start our search before the season ends. In previous playoff years we wouldn't have been able to make concrete plans until end of may/beginning of June , now we may be able to by end of April which is a huge bonus

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
You mean the ones who want 50k+ a week minimum and are just going through the motions?
I'd rather young quality players who can improve and will be great assets:)

Could not agree more, the last thing we want is premier league mercenaries who are only interested in money similar to what QPR did. We need young hungry players who will also stick with us should we come straight back down again.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Re-sign or replace Stockdale and Stephens.
Sign Poco and loan again or sign (if we can) Tomori.
Try and get Izzy Brown and Tammy Abraham on loan.
Have a go for Defoe if Sunderland go down.
Never been keen on people returning, so won't be calling for Wood, Barnes or even the wonderful Leonardo - although I have to admit that the returns of Sidwell, Murray and Zamora didn't work out badly!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Will Hughes. 22 yrs old and got class. Could be Norwoods long lost twin with his new hairstyle.

BurgerNips

Apr 19, 2016
I don't want us to start signing top championship players though, would much rather someone who's played the prem, knows what it's about and has stayed up before, maybe one or two from the championship but I don't fancy a load of them?

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
First, Well done to your team for picking themselves up from the disappointment last season. Onto who to sign. You will find that as soon as you get promoted teams massively up the price for players as they want a cut of the riches. Agents costs also go through the roof as they are just greedy b*****ds. Dyche was saying we pulled the plug on a number of transfers because of agents fees. It's hard to sign players who won't end up putting you in debt. If your club are sensible you supporters will get frustrated with the struggle to sign anyone. Better struggling though than doing a Middlesbrough paying a ridiculous amount in wages for a loan and signing pretty much an entire team. You are lucky though that you have a very good manager who has an eye for a bargain.

Also, get used to the arrogance of the supporters. They will all say they expect to beat you as you are crap and they will slag off any player you have who the press say they should sign, even though they haven't seen them play. The worst are Liverpool fans, the best are probably the Everton fans.

I hate the Premier but having watched Burnley go from being Champions all the way down to last day survival I am happy to put up with it, until we have no more room in the vault for money and are secure for years.

Good luck

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
First, Well done to your team for picking themselves up from the disappointment last season. Onto who to sign. You will find that as soon as you get promoted teams massively up the price for players as they want a cut of the riches. Agents costs also go through the roof as they are just greedy b*****ds. Dyche was saying we pulled the plug on a number of transfers because of agents fees. It's hard to sign players who won't end up putting you in debt. If your club are sensible you supporters will get frustrated with the struggle to sign anyone. Better struggling though than doing a Middlesbrough paying a ridiculous amount in wages for a loan and signing pretty much an entire team. You are lucky though that you have a very good manager who has an eye for a bargain.

Also, get used to the arrogance of the supporters. They will all say they expect to beat you as you are crap and they will slag off any player you have who the press say they should sign, even though they haven't seen them play. The worst are Liverpool fans, the best are probably the Everton fans.

I hate the Premier but having watched Burnley go from being Champions all the way down to last day survival I am happy to put up with it, until we have no more room in the vault for money and are secure for years.

Good luck

I've already been told by a few arsenal 'fans' we'll be an easy 6 points.

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
Unbelievably, one of the worst were Watford fans. They were downright nasty on their boards with their billy big time comments. It only took them one season to sound like they had been there years. I was hoping they would get 2nd season syndrome lol. Their players moan at every decision and are always surrounding the ref, and they somehow get away with it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It will be run as it usually is with, no real knowledge till 2 or 3 games into the season, when we get to choose from the left overs.
I am not saying that this is wrong as we could get a couple of bargains, but it is what has always happened.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Poc, Stephens, Stockdale plus Cairney and a number 10 (though Baldock is great we need one more who can play anywhere behind or alongside a striker).

Think Sidwell about the only squad player I wouldn't look to keep on (though if his contract has another year would be useful in dressing room etc.)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Mitchell Dijks from Ajax. Young Dutch u21 international left back. On loan at norwich who's fans rate him highly.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
SHANE LONG as the much needed rotation for Baldock.

TOM CAIRNEY or MOOY as a quality addition to our midfield.

ULLOA because I'm sentimental and i think he'd be a good rotation option for Murray and Hemed.

TOMORI he's done enough for me to show he'll be a good option for squad player next season.

POCOGNOLI I think he's a bottom half of the PL left back and between him, Bong & Rosenior that should have the LB position covered.

I'd possibly make one more quality defensive signing, ideally for someone who can play in either full back position.

Assuming nobody leaves then I'm happy with just a few quality additions. The current squad more than deserve a chance and i really hope people don't start expecting or calling for wholesale changes.
There are players in this squad who i have no doubt will step up to the plate. Kayal, Knockert, Dunk etc, but we also have a few who will naturally have a question mark as to whether they can step up. Murphy, Baldock, Uwe, Skalak, Bong etc. These players deserve their chance and i hope people aren't going to exect a whole new 11 players just to replace these guys. They all deserve their chance.

My PL starting 11 would be:

Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Knockert
Kayal
Stephens
March

Murray
Long

Subs:

Walton
Rosenior
Uwe
Skalak
Cairney/Mooy
Murphy
Hemed/Ulloa
Baldock

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Ulloa would come back at the drop of a hat .

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
We need to invest in the best of the championship who we feel can compete in the premier league but are also an investment (should we return to Championship).
Nahki Wells, Dave Edwards, Cairney.
Barber said no splash the cash.
We will be chasing a No 10 as that is something we have been after for some time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need to invest in the best of the championship who we feel can compete in the premier league but are also an investment (should we return to Championship).
Nahki Wells, Dave Edwards, Cairney.
Barber said no splash the cash.
We will be chasing a No 10 as that is something we have been after for some time.

Nakhi Wells is untried at Prem level so No to him as he would be very expensive and the same with Cairney.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Nakhi Wells is untried at Prem level so No to him as he would be very expensive and the same with Cairney.

I think there is a place for quality Championship players and giving them a go. Not sure Nakhi Wells is the right player but Cairney would be. I fear he'd be too expensive for us though even if Fulham don't go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here